PDA

View Full Version : Bronze Turnbuckles

gschwarzman
09-11-2000, 04:03 PM
Does anyone know a source for 3/4-inch forged bronze turnbuckles? Until recently Hayn Marine distributed the old Merriman line -- they didn't say why they stopped or whether anyone else took it over. I need eight, so a semi-custom solution might not be prohibitively costly. But it would need to be a forged product, not a casting.

gschwarzman
Does anyone know a source for 3/4-inch forged bronze turnbuckles? Until recently Hayn Marine distributed the old Merriman line -- they didn't say why they stopped or whether anyone else took it over. I need eight, so a semi-custom solution might not be prohibitively costly. But it would need to be a forged product, not a casting.

gschwarzman

Art Read
09-11-2000, 08:58 PM
First, I'd try calling Jamestown Distributers. They advertise in the mag and the WB home page has an e-mail link, I believe. (Place out here in Seattle called Doc Freeman's carries Merrimans too...)

Art Read
First, I'd try calling Jamestown Distributers. They advertise in the mag and the WB home page has an e-mail link, I believe. (Place out here in Seattle called Doc Freeman's carries Merrimans too...)

Art Read

Ed Harrow
09-12-2000, 12:52 PM
There is also Lunenburg Foundry, but I can't get their web site to open, and I've tried several times since your inquiry first showed up. They do lots of Bronze stuff, and would seem to be a likely source.

Ed Harrow
There is also Lunenburg Foundry, but I can't get their web site to open, and I've tried several times since your inquiry first showed up. They do lots of Bronze stuff, and would seem to be a likely source.

Ed Harrow

Dale Harvey
09-12-2000, 05:26 PM
What leads you to belive that Merriman turnbuckels were forged as opposed to cast?

Dale Harvey
What leads you to belive that Merriman turnbuckels were forged as opposed to cast?

Dale Harvey

gschwarzman
09-13-2000, 10:40 AM
The Hayn catalog, where they last surfaced, says that the forks are forged. I guess it's possible that the barrels are cast.

gschwarzman
The Hayn catalog, where they last surfaced, says that the forks are forged. I guess it's possible that the barrels are cast.

gschwarzman