PDA

View Full Version : A good source, and they export,,,,,

Ian Wright
09-05-2000, 09:37 PM
I've found that these folk have a good selection of traditional boat stuff and thought you might like to see their new web pages,,,,,,,,not spam and I have no conection with them except as a happy customer,,,,, http://www.classicmarine.co.uk/index.htm

IanW

Ian Wright
I've found that these folk have a good selection of traditional boat stuff and thought you might like to see their new web pages,,,,,,,,not spam and I have no conection with them except as a happy customer,,,,, http://www.classicmarine.co.uk/index.htm

IanW

Ian Wright

IanW

NormMessinger
09-05-2000, 09:53 PM
Ian, I think, caused Classic Marine to send me their catalogue. It's not a big one but they have things I've not seen in the US catalogues I've got my hands on. My deal with AT&T makes a phone call to England cost the same as to my sis in Western Nebraska so a phone call to Classic Marine and a credit card number is all it takes to do business with them. On one occasion they said they got the part I wanted from a supplyer in the US and suggested I could save shipping if I ordered from their supplier. Nice folks, in my experience.

--Norm

NormMessinger
Ian, I think, caused Classic Marine to send me their catalogue. It's not a big one but they have things I've not seen in the US catalogues I've got my hands on. My deal with AT&T makes a phone call to England cost the same as to my sis in Western Nebraska so a phone call to Classic Marine and a credit card number is all it takes to do business with them. On one occasion they said they got the part I wanted from a supplyer in the US and suggested I could save shipping if I ordered from their supplier. Nice folks, in my experience.

--Norm

NormMessinger

--Norm

Ed Harrow
09-05-2000, 10:10 PM
Now there is stuff not only not found in Waste Marine, but they probably don't even know it exists. If it is as good as the pictures, nice stuff.

Ed Harrow
Now there is stuff not only not found in Waste Marine, but they probably don't even know it exists. If it is as good as the pictures, nice stuff.

Ed Harrow

ACB
09-06-2000, 12:50 AM
It is a bit better than the pictures, and they are very nice people. They also know a lot about what they make and sell, and how to install and use it.

I hereby declare an interest. I live 150 yards from their shops. Plural because the upper floor is the retail shop and the lower floor is the workshop. I have bought an awful lot of gear from them over the years and it has all been good.

ACB
It is a bit better than the pictures, and they are very nice people. They also know a lot about what they make and sell, and how to install and use it.

I hereby declare an interest. I live 150 yards from their shops. Plural because the upper floor is the retail shop and the lower floor is the workshop. I have bought an awful lot of gear from them over the years and it has all been good.

ACB

Jon Agne
09-07-2000, 09:59 PM
Ian,

Thanks for the link. This is the one I've been searching for and I hope it works out. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find decent hardware over here for less than what I pay for my wife's jewelry!!!

I know it sounds sexist, but it really isn't......she enjoys the boat as much as I do.

Best,
Jon

Jon Agne
Ian,

Thanks for the link. This is the one I've been searching for and I hope it works out. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find decent hardware over here for less than what I pay for my wife's jewelry!!!

I know it sounds sexist, but it really isn't......she enjoys the boat as much as I do.

Best,
Jon

Jon Agne
Ian,

Best,
Jon

Jon Agne
09-07-2000, 10:03 PM
BTW,

I hope someone sends this to Bob Cleek!!!

Jon Agne
BTW,

Jon Agne
BTW,