PDA

View Full Version : I just got a new circular saw...

Mrleft8
07-25-2003, 07:02 AM
The Fesstool E-55, with the 55" guide track. Simply put,it's amazing! Cross cutting prefinished 3/4" Maple veneer plywood with it yesterday, I've never seen better cuts. No splintering. No scorching. No wavering. I've seen worse cross cuts from tablesaws with sliding tables. This is not a tool I'd use to cut 2x framing stock, but boy, does it do nice work on ply! The price tag is steep, ($375) but it should pay for itself in this one small kitchen job...

Mrleft8
The Fesstool E-55, with the 55" guide track. Simply put,it's amazing! Cross cutting prefinished 3/4" Maple veneer plywood with it yesterday, I've never seen better cuts. No splintering. No scorching. No wavering. I've seen worse cross cuts from tablesaws with sliding tables. This is not a tool I'd use to cut 2x framing stock, but boy, does it do nice work on ply! The price tag is steep, ($375) but it should pay for itself in this one small kitchen job...

Mrleft8

Ron Williamson
07-25-2003, 11:43 AM
I assume you got a kickass blade,as well.
That being the case,the saw is about $100 cheaper.
Now we are SAVING money. :D
R

Ron Williamson
R

Ron Williamson
R

Nicholas Carey
07-25-2003, 12:31 PM
I've been looking at that saw. The reviews I've read say this it does cabinet saw grade work.

You know there's a 3 metre long (more than 9 feet) guide rail available as well. That's long enough to rip an entire 8' sheet of ply.

[ 07-25-2003, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Nicholas Carey ]

Nicholas Carey
I've been looking at that saw. The reviews I've read say this it does cabinet saw grade work.

You know there's a 3 metre long (more than 9 feet) guide rail available as well. That's long enough to rip an entire 8' sheet of ply.

Nicholas Carey

Venchka
07-25-2003, 02:41 PM
Please share your source-GOOGLE came up empty.

Venchka

Venchka

Nicholas Carey
07-25-2003, 05:03 PM
American dealers listed here (http://www.festool-usa.com/portando/artikel/artikel_weiterleiten.cfm?id=301).

BTW, looking at the Ozzie Festool site (http://www.festool.com.au/) shows that there's a bunch of tools available that we don't get here in the US. I suspect they could be ordered from Europe, but you'd need a 220V circuit to run them.

BTW, check out the tool animations on the Festo/USA site.

Nicholas Carey
American dealers listed here (http://www.festool-usa.com/portando/artikel/artikel_weiterleiten.cfm?id=301).

BTW, looking at the Ozzie Festool site (http://www.festool.com.au/) shows that there's a bunch of tools available that we don't get here in the US. I suspect they could be ordered from Europe, but you'd need a 220V circuit to run them.

Nicholas Carey

Mrleft8
07-25-2003, 09:19 PM
The Festo power plane got top ratings in the Fine Home Building review in the current issue (I just saw it at the lumber yard)
The source I used was J&S tool sales, John Armenia was my contact. When I talked to him to order the saw, he was on the Maine turnpike headed back from the Wooden Boat show in Rockland... I have the number out in the barn, I'll post it tomorrow. They also have an eccentric head drill. A friend bought one and he loves it. Once again, expensive, but if it lasts 3 years, it's worth it.

Mrleft8
The Festo power plane got top ratings in the Fine Home Building review in the current issue (I just saw it at the lumber yard)
The source I used was J&S tool sales, John Armenia was my contact. When I talked to him to order the saw, he was on the Maine turnpike headed back from the Wooden Boat show in Rockland... I have the number out in the barn, I'll post it tomorrow. They also have an eccentric head drill. A friend bought one and he loves it. Once again, expensive, but if it lasts 3 years, it's worth it.

Mrleft8