PDA

View Full Version : broken mast

Carlos Estevez
07-21-2001, 02:43 PM
Hi,
I've posted a "broken mast" thread on long scarf vs. clothespin scarf, a couple of monthes ago.
Well, I have done both at once.
Does anyone want to see some pics, or, do you think it could be of some interest to posting some images on the forum?
If so, please detail the step-by-step guidance on how to post pictures.

imported_Phil
07-21-2001, 08:32 PM
I would like to see a picture of them, but have no idea how to post one. I think the method just recently changed.

Mike Field
07-21-2001, 09:13 PM
We'd certainly like to see them, please, Carlos.

To post them, you need to firstly open an account with one of these "photographic websites." Most people here use PhotoPoint for historical reasons, but it is no longer free, as it used to be. There are others, some of which don't charge. The only other name I can think of presently is Ofoto, though. Perhaps someone else can give us the names of a couple more, and some informatoon about them. (Please, guys?)

Having done that, you upload your photos to them, go to your account, and arrange the photos however you want. Uploading to PhotoPoint is simply a matter of sending a blamk email with your picture as an atachment.

At that stage you'll have a "photo album" to which you can direct others users by quoting its URL.

Each photo will also have its own URL, which you can copy from the address window at the top of the browser, once the photo is on your screen. (And in PhotoPointm they also give you the link directly when you ask for it.)

To actually put a photo in a WoodenBoat posting, you get its URL and quote it in the appropriate place in your posting by enclosing it between two operands. The opening operand is the letters "img" enclosed between square brackets, and the closing operand is "/img" also enclosed between square brackets (but no quotation marks in either case.)

By way of example (and if I've done this properly,) here's a link to our website --

http://www.woodenboatfittings.com

When you click on it, the link will open in a new window.

And here's our logo -

http://www.woodenboatfittings.com.au./logo.gif

If you now click on the Edit/Delete Message button at the top of this post, you can see how I've entered the URLs.

I hope this is clear enough -- yell if not.

Cheers, Mike.

-----------

And having myself just done that, I'm prompted to say, when entering a link's URL, you don't need to put operands each side of it. Although you'll see these there after you click on the Edit button, they have been added auotmatically, along with a repeat of the URL itself, by the software driving the bulletin board.

[This message has been edited by Mike Field (edited 07-21-2001).]

Carlos Estevez
07-22-2001, 09:56 PM
OK Mike,thank you for your bearings.
You can now take a look at my albums in PhotoPoint.
Carlos

Ed Harrow
07-22-2001, 10:02 PM
Hi Carlos, Something is not connecting somewhere as Photopoint does not, at least at this point in time, have an account listed under the email that you've listed on the WBF. I can post your pictures if you'll email them to me at: eharrow@helixtechnology.com

Carlos Estevez
07-23-2001, 07:04 AM
Sorry gents, it is my blame.
I've signed up with one of my new e-mail accounts: please try arvoredo@neoclic.com.br
Thank you Ed, it will work now though.

Mike Field
07-23-2001, 08:57 AM
Thanks, Carlos. You wield a pretty mean chainsaw!

Carlos Estevez
07-24-2001, 06:57 PM
Not me Mike, I can't deal with that sort of machine. I am not in the pictures.
What about the scarfings, and the laminated piece instead of a solid one?
Congratulations for your web site and your work.