Phillip Allen
04-08-2014, 11:38 AM
it's fast and sucked the door outa my hand as I looked out

Phillip Allen
04-08-2014, 01:14 PM
it passed but that sudden low pressure thing really got my attention

John of Phoenix
04-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Do you have any experience with tornados?

Shang
04-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Phillip,
According to the weather map it looks like the heavy stuff is just leaving Fayetteville, heading east.

West of here there are Cumulonimbus clouds, but the weather map says don't worry about them. (Hey, has the weather forcast ever been wrong...?)

Shang
04-08-2014, 01:29 PM

Look where Phillip lives--North West Arkansas--you don't have to ask that , it's Tornado Alley. Just find something very heavy, and hold on tight.

Curtism
04-08-2014, 01:51 PM
it's fast and sucked the door outa my hand as I looked out

Probably liberals up to something, again.

it passed but that sudden low pressure thing really got my attention

Guys, you seeing this? The secret to getting PA's attention is a sudden drop in pressure.

:d

John of Phoenix
04-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Look where Phillip lives--North West Arkansas--you don't have to ask that , it's Tornado Alley. Just find something very heavy, and hold on tight.I lived many years in Alabama, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas. A door getting "sucked out of your hand" isn't caused by a cosmic force field.

Phillip Allen
04-08-2014, 04:19 PM

yes

Rum_Pirate
04-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Keep safe.

Shang
04-08-2014, 05:16 PM
In the days of my misspent yute I worked as a TV news cameraman. In those days we shot 16mm. silent, black and white negative film, and switched the polarity of the tel-cine chain to get a positive image on peoples' screens, which tells how long ago it was.

My buddy and I arrived at the scent of a tornado that had passed through a small Kansas town. I always kept my eye out to find one of those full-grown roosters blown inside of a gallon jug, that my grandfather had insisted were common around tornados. Didn't find one, but noticed that the cabin cruiser that someone had been towing was now upside down on the roof of the owner's pickup.

We did get several pictures of 2x4's driven through concrete block walls, and there were signs that a car had been lofted, and had hit the tank of the town's water tower.

There was a small square church that had been turned 90-degrees on its foundation. We interviewed the preacher, who said that if the good lord wanted the church facing south instead of east, then that was the way the preacher was going to leave it.

Phillip, tell us some tornado stories!