PDA

View Full Version : Gad, lawyers are sly

Phillip Allen
03-25-2014, 02:06 PM
by entering a plea of no contest, the judicial system (obviously at fault here) can get themselves off the hook and avoid paying resistitution

http://news.yahoo.com/74-year-old-wrongful-conviction-prison-release-151643006.html?vp=1

Captain Intrepid
03-25-2014, 03:08 PM
And people wonder why I'm vehemently against the death penalty.

Phillip Allen
03-25-2014, 03:34 PM
And people wonder why I'm vehemently against the death penalty.

I do think that restitution is due and some sort of penalty for stopping the search for any 'real' culprit. And a wrongful verdict needs to at least have the possibility of biting the prosecution, depending on their behavior

skuthorp
03-25-2014, 03:42 PM
Now that is a thread title I can totally agree with Phillip! But that's why we get so many of them becoming politicians.

stevebaby
03-25-2014, 04:41 PM
"...after students from USC's law school convinced the district attorney to reopen her case."
Yes, very sly of those LAW STUDENTS, without whose efforts she would still be imprisoned.
Your "founding fathers" obviously got it wrong when they adopted an adversarial legal system from the Brits. What else did they get wrong?

John of Phoenix
03-25-2014, 05:00 PM
"...after students from USC's law school convinced the district attorney to reopen her case."
Yes, very sly of those LAW STUDENTS, without whose efforts she would still be imprisoned.
Your "founding fathers" obviously got it wrong when they adopted an adversarial legal system from the Brits. What else did they get wrong?Posted by the guy from "Mulawa Correctional Centre".
I'm gonna have to think about this one.

Glen Longino
03-25-2014, 05:05 PM
Posted by the guy from "Mulawa Correctional Centre".

:)I think he works there!:)

Tom Montgomery
03-25-2014, 05:11 PM

Your "founding fathers" obviously got it wrong when they adopted an adversarial legal system from the Brits. What else did they get wrong?
Isn't it fascinating how Phillip's mind works?

stevebaby
03-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Posted by the guy from "Mulawa Correctional Centre".
I'm innocent!

stevebaby
03-25-2014, 05:22 PM
Isn't it fascinating how Phillip's mind works?Fascinating, like watching a slow motion train wreck.

Jim Bow
03-25-2014, 06:37 PM
She thanks god for getting her out of prison. Where was he 32 years ago?

stevebaby
03-25-2014, 06:50 PM
:)I think he works there!:)
Free the Mulawa One! :D

Glen Longino
03-25-2014, 07:01 PM
Free the Mulawa One! :D

:D Poor devil!;)

Phillip Allen
03-25-2014, 08:55 PM
I see this went over the heads of several people here... sorry... I don't think they can be fixed... nothing for them to work with

skuthorp
03-25-2014, 09:01 PM
It is ironic that it was law students that found the error in the judicial system. I wonder was she a victim of an ambitious county prosecutor, or a lax sheriff's department.

Tom Montgomery
03-25-2014, 09:02 PM
I see this went over the heads of several people here... sorry... I don't think they can be fixed... nothing for them to work with
I am rubber and you are glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.

Phillip Allen
03-25-2014, 09:03 PM
I am rubber and you are glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.

thank you BF

Tom Montgomery
03-25-2014, 09:08 PM
You crack me up, Phillip!

Keep on doing what you are doing. I come here for both information and entertainment. :d

Phillip Allen
03-25-2014, 09:16 PM
didn't anyone understand... they HAD to let her go but they bluffed her into signing a 'confession' first so they can justify having kept her in jail and not paying for wrongful imprisonment... is that so hard to understand?

Bobcat
03-25-2014, 09:21 PM
didn't anyone understand... they HAD to let her go but they bluffed her into signing a 'confession' first so they can justify having kept her in jail and not paying for wrongful imprisonment... is that so hard to understand?

Having her plead no contest does NOT prevent her from prevailing in the civil lawsuit that she will file.

Phillip Allen
03-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Having her plead no contest does NOT prevent her from prevailing in the civil lawsuit that she will file.

I still think it avoids accountability for the 'justice' system... a sad patch

Bobcat
03-25-2014, 09:56 PM
How do you figure that? I don't follow you

Paul Pless
03-25-2014, 09:59 PM
It is ironic that it was law students that found the error in the judicial system. I wonder was she a victim of an ambitious county prosecutor, or a lax sheriff's department.freedom projects are often conducted by law students; they work for cheap or free mostly; real lawyers have a price tag. . .

stevebaby
03-26-2014, 01:22 AM
:D Poor devil!;)All those bad girls...the horror!