Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Smith
    • Mar 2009

Medicaid expansion

A clip was posted a week or two ago from a Daily Show segment showing how foolish a woman looked trying to defend her states decision to not extend Medicaid under the ACA.

Actually a lot of governors chose not to. This means a whole lot of people the law was supposed to help aren't getting that help.

I see some organizations putting together some protests in hopes of changing this.

How successful are they apt to be? Will the poor folks in those states where Medicaid was not expanded blame the president or their governor? Will they vote?

My gut says they'll blame the president in greater numbers than they'll blame their governor simply because I fear they, like so many others, have simply been misinformed and/or those who are really poor and need this help may simply not be paying attention to what they need to pay attention to and are uninformed.

One of the things I've not seen discussed mid-term wise is this block of voters. If the truth reaches them, and they vote, this is a substantial number of voters.
    "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book
Working...