PDA

View Full Version : One day ticket to the WB Show?

rbgarr
03-17-2014, 10:00 AM
I see that three day advance tickets are available on the store site. How much is a one day ticket at the gate for those who can only be there for a day?

Thx-

essaunders
03-17-2014, 12:04 PM
1 day at Mystic is $24 for adult. that actually gets you in the next day too.

so, the only concession for the 3-day show ticket is the ability to buy a third day without the attached extra (fourth) day.

rbgarr
03-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Thanks. I should have checked the Seaport website...obviously! :D

Hunky Dory
03-17-2014, 05:35 PM
Or join for the year and come and go as you please. Or join TSCA for 20.00 and volunteer for the John Gardener Workshop and get a pass.

rbgarr
03-17-2014, 08:48 PM
Yes, I'm a TSCA member and did that last year. Stayed on the Conrad for $15 per night also, but it was like an oven down below on that steel ship. (Appropriate, now that I mention it!)

Sayla
03-28-2014, 05:44 PM
Yes, I'm a TSCA member and did that last year. Stayed on the Conrad for $15 per night also, but it was like an oven down below on that steel ship. (Appropriate, now that I mention it!)

Is there accommodation available on some of the boats?

rbgarr
03-28-2014, 06:20 PM
Not the private or Seaport boats as far as I know, except for the Seaport's own Conrad through the TSCA as above.

Years ago the couple who had this William Hand motorsailer (not the current owners) offered 'bunk 'n breakfast accommodations' when the WB Show was in Southwest Harbor, Maine. http://www.guildivecruises.com/

My son and I brought a small outboard to the show, tied alongside and stayed aboard for the night. The hosts had unbelievably good wheat/blueberry pancakes in the morning. We've favored that recipe ever since.

Before the show opened we took off for a ride in the calm all the way up Somes Sound and down around to Seal Harbor and back again.

Speaking of that, one of the advantages of staying on the Conrad at Mystic is that you can wander around the grounds before and after official show hours in the quiet.

Sayla
03-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Not the private or Seaport boats as far as I know, except for the Seaport's own Conrad through the TSCA as above.

Years ago the couple who had this William Hand motorsailer (not the current owners) offered 'bunk 'n breakfast accommodations' when the WB Show was in Southwest Harbor, Maine. http://www.guildivecruises.com/

My son and I brought a small outboard to the show, tied alongside and stayed aboard for the night. The hosts had unbelievably good wheat/blueberry pancakes in the morning. We've favored that recipe ever since.

Before the show opened we took off for a ride in the calm all the way up Somes Sound and down around to Seal Harbor and back again.

Speaking of that, one of the advantages of staying on the Conrad at Mystic is that you can wander around the grounds before and after official show hours in the quiet.

Could you tell me how exactly one could inquire about staying on the Conrad, and, I presume a shower is available etc.

rbgarr
03-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Sayla,

See this notice: http://www.mysticseaport.org/event/small-craft-workshop/

There are showers aboard and they are serviceable though a bit primitive: dark, small, not scrubbed entirely clean (flip-flops/showershoes advised)

Sayla
03-28-2014, 11:49 PM
Sayla,

See this notice: http://www.mysticseaport.org/event/small-craft-workshop/

There are showers aboard and they are serviceable though a bit primitive: dark, small, not scrubbed entirely clean (flip-flops/showershoes advised)

Thanks for that. I don't mind 'austere'. To tell the truth I usually just swim instead of showering etc, even at home, but I imagine the water there is a bit cold for that caper.

Hunky Dory
03-28-2014, 11:57 PM
There is no real swimming area near the seaport. I stayed on the Conrad for a few days last Oct. for a teaching seminar and found the bunks comfy but not spacious. Head and shower are not the best but the price is right. I bring my skiff whenever I go to Mystic so staying on the Conrad lets me get up and go for a row or sail in the AM or evening. I am planning on staying onboard for the show this summer. You can bring your bedding on deck if you want but will wake up to morning dampness.

StevenBauer
04-05-2014, 07:55 AM
I'm pretty sure the bathrooms by the North Gate have showers and are really very nice. And pretty close to the Conrad.

Steven

rbgarr
04-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Good tip, Steven. Thanks!

Hunky Dory
04-05-2014, 04:02 PM
That WAS a fairly well kept secret. Yes the showers behind Latitude are very nice but are shared with the folks at the docks. I think there were 4 showers there. Will we be having a forum gathering on the Conrad?

rbgarr
06-18-2014, 02:49 PM
AAA members get a $3 discount on the one day ticket at the gate, so it's $21.

Falcon1
06-20-2014, 05:45 PM
I think my "Family-plus" membership was only about $120 dollars. My whole family (of three) plus a guest can come and go for the year.
It's a great deal if you live anywhere close by. Great to know about the sleep-over on the Conrad, though. We'll have to give it a try.