PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight coupons

bluedog225
03-15-2014, 09:50 PM
Where's a good place to get those 20% off Harbor Freight coupons? I think they call them super coupons. I need a big tool chest on wheels to make it easier for someone to steal my stuff.

Is the harbor freight membership worth it?

thanks

Tom

Garret
03-15-2014, 09:56 PM
I need a big tool chest on wheels to make it easier for someone to steal my stuff.

:)

A friend put about 300 lbs. of lead in his box that had to live in an exposed area. One day he found it moved & a person in the shop called in sick for a few days because of a bad back - and he'd never had back issues before.

oznabrag
03-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Where's a good place to get those 20% off Harbor Freight coupons? I think they call them super coupons. I need a big tool chest on wheels to make it easier for someone to steal my stuff.

Is the harbor freight membership worth it?

thanks

Tom

I got a stack of those things, somewhere.

Are you talking about a 2'x2'x4' job box?

bluedog225
03-15-2014, 10:24 PM
I was looking at the red U.S. general roller cabinet.

Just need to find a way to harden it against theft.

How's the country estate?

Minnesnowtan
03-15-2014, 10:34 PM
Just google harbor freight 20% off coupon. Grab it off the harbor freight site when it comes up in the search listings, Print it off, and away you go.

oznabrag
03-15-2014, 10:40 PM
I was looking at the red U.S. general roller cabinet.

Just need to find a way to harden it against theft.

How's the country estate?

Have you really LOOKED at that cabinet?

I don't know which one you are considering, but a top-flight mechanic's tool chest in three parts with maybe 20 drawers goes for well over $2K.

There's a reason for that, as I am sure you are aware.

I don't have much experience with either type, but I do seem to recall that the snapon box has welded EVERYTHING and is made out of some fairly serious sheet metal.

If I recall correctly, the HF box will have drawers that are bolted together with little machine screws, and the drawer slides are not all that...good.

AN enterprising thief could open that thing up like a can of sardines.

I heartily recommend upping the ante, cultivating the patience of a cat, and programming an RSS feed on craigslist.

If this box is going to live in your promary residence, then security/insurance is probably on your side. If it is gonna stay at your country place... I don't know!

oznabrag
03-15-2014, 11:32 PM
Oh, and the bank inspector comes at 9:30 AM Monday, for the final draw request.

Holy Guacamole.

Lotsa stuff to get done between now and then!

Thanks for asking!

paulf
03-15-2014, 11:57 PM
Here are some! Enjoy!!

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg635/mrtoolfool/hf4_zpsdc1276bc.jpg

slug
03-16-2014, 02:52 AM
Dont know about theft but stainless kitchen furniture makes great tool stations. Restaurants are always going out of buisness. Scan Ebay or a commercial kitchen joint for used stuff.

http://s22.postimg.org/vtfnc6dsx/image.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
subir fotos online (http://postimage.org/index.php?lang=spanish)

The Gentleman Sawyer
03-16-2014, 07:21 AM
Read the fine print. I believe it can't be used on tool storage, among other items.

Ken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the_gr8t_waldo
03-16-2014, 11:13 AM
my selfesteem goes down by a few point each time i visit one of their store fronts.

S/V Laura Ellen
03-16-2014, 11:20 AM
Read the fine print. I believe it can't be used on tool storage, among other items.

Ken

I misread your post at first and thought you were claiming that the fine print on the HF tool chests stated that they couldn't be used for tool storage.
If that was the case, it would be truth in advertising.:)

bluedog225
03-16-2014, 01:42 PM
I misread your post at first and thought you were claiming that the fine print on the HF tool chests stated that they couldn't be used for tool storage.
If that was the case, it would be truth in advertising.:)

I thought the same thing. Ha! Maybe truer than I want to know. Just cant see spending a fortune on one of the nice ones. Thanks for the head's up.

oznabrag
03-16-2014, 02:33 PM
I thought the same thing. Ha! Maybe truer than I want to know. Just cant see spending a fortune on one of the nice ones. Thanks for the head's up.

All I was trying to say was that you don't have to shell out large stacks of cash to get decent tool boxes.

Somebody was selling about 3 Lista drawer units on CL a few months back, and he wanted about $300 for the lot.

His son in law had given him the complete, Mondo-Deluxe Snap-On Extravaganza Rolling Tool Chest of the Gods for his birthday, so he was letting the Listas go cheap.

I saw the ad, and shed a small tear.

Somewhere on the CL page there is a link for ' RSS '

I don't know what that stands for, but what it does is allows you to set up a rolling search by keyword, so when an ad pops up for tool chest, or whatever, you get an alert.

If you decide that you are willing to pay 'X' for a decent rolling tool chest, and don't need it right effing now, you can get one.

They come up pretty regularly.

You can most liky get a screamin' deal on a used HF model, if that is what you really, really want!

:d :D

bluedog225
03-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Thanks John. Never new what that rss was all about.

oznabrag
03-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Thanks John. Never new what that rss was all about.

It's almost like cheatin'!

The Gentleman Sawyer
03-17-2014, 02:29 AM
Sorry, I should have been clearer - I don't thing the coupon can be used on tool storage items.

Ken

oznabrag
03-17-2014, 02:26 PM
Oh, and the bank inspector comes at 9:30 AM Monday, for the final draw request.

Holy Guacamole.

Lotsa stuff to get done between now and then!

Thanks for asking!

Done, done, done and done!

Now I will sleep for a week. :d

Glen Longino
03-17-2014, 02:34 PM
Done, done, done and done!

Now I will sleep for a week. :d

Congratulations young man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Pless
03-17-2014, 03:45 PM
Snap-on toolboxes are often sold on credit from the individual truck or dealer. They are one of the few Snap-on tools that are also 're-poed'. If you're looking for a deal find a Snap-on truck and ask the driver/rep what he has that's used.