PDA

View Full Version : Dems war on Victims.

genglandoh
03-14-2014, 11:18 AM
There are many people who are

Losing their healthcare insurance
Losing their Doctors
Losing their treatments

So when the Dems like Harry Reid attack the victims they are attacking the voters.

This will not be good for the Dems in November.

Paul Pless
03-14-2014, 11:19 AM
could you phrase your thread title in the form of a question please?

'wtf?' if all else eludes you works for me. . .

ljb5
03-14-2014, 11:23 AM
A lot of people are angry that Republican governors did not accept federal funds to expand Medicaid.

That hurt a heck of a lot of people.

bogdog
03-14-2014, 11:32 AM
A lot of people are angry that Republican governors did not accept federal funds to expand Medicaid.

That hurt a heck of a lot of people.

The Republican House in Virginia is doing everything they can to keep Virginians from getting Medicaid coverage so I have to wonder who's declaring war on victims?

ccmanuals
03-14-2014, 11:56 AM

Losing their Doctors
Losing their treatments

So when the Dems like Harry Reid attack the victims they are attacking the voters.

So you simply discount the over 8 million people who have health insurance today that could not affort it prior to the new law. These folks don't matter?

ljb5
03-14-2014, 12:09 PM
So you simply discount the over 8 million people who have health insurance today that could not affort it prior to the new law. These folks don't matter?

And the additional 5 Million who would have health insurance if the GOP hadn't blocked it.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/medicaid-expansion-map-obamacare-losers

Starting Jan. 1, nearly five million people who were supposed to be covered under Obamacare won't be because their states have refused to expand Medicaid.

Phillip Allen
03-14-2014, 12:10 PM

acceptable, collateral damage?

Paul Pless
03-14-2014, 12:14 PM
acceptable, collateral damage?
Starting Jan. 1, nearly five million people who were supposed to be covered under Obamacare won't be because their states have refused to expand Medicaid. . .

genglandoh
03-14-2014, 01:14 PM

Losing their Doctors
Losing their treatments

Sorry I did not have time to post some links.

Attacking Voters is never a good idea.

Here are a few.

Harry Reid: All Obamacare horror stories are ‘untrue’
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) declared Wednesday that all of the "horror stories" being told in relation to the federal health-care law are false.
"Despite all that good news, there's plenty of horror stories being told," Reid said on the Senate floor. "All of them are untrue, but they're being told all over America."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/02/26/harry-reid-all-obamacare-horror-stories-are-untrue/

Obama to Latino Town Hall: Cut Cable, Cell Phone to Afford ACA Plan
Speaking to Spanish-language media health care town hall meeting last week, President Obama dismissed concerns from a low-income man that the monthly premiums for the cheapest plans were too expensive for his family to afford. The president said the man should "prioritize health care" and cut spending on things like cable, cell phone, and other things to afford insurance.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2014/03/12/obama-to-latino-town-hall-cut-cable-cell-phone-to-afford-aca-plan-n1807909

Dexter cancer victim: I'm not lying about Obamacare
I recently told my story in Michigan with the help of a group called Americans for Prosperity. Now people are attacking me and calling me a liar.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140313/OPINION01/303130005#ixzz2vxfUAnrN

Hey, Harry Reid, is this Baptist preacher a liar, too? Pastor hit by truck another ObamaCare victim
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/03/10/hey-harry-reid-is-this-baptist-preacher-liar-too-pastor-hit-by-truck-another/

Paul Pless
03-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Dexter cancer victim: I'm not lying about Obamacare
I recently told my story in Michigan with the help of a group called Americans for Prosperity. Now people are attacking me and calling me a liar.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140313/OPINION01/303130005#ixzz2vxfUAnrN

Ms. Boonstra lives about ten miles from me. Her story has been widely discredited locally, at the state level and nationally.

BrianY
03-14-2014, 01:32 PM
Hey, republicans have been attacking voters with polices that go against the interest of average people for decades and it's worked for them. Why not for the democrats?

genglandoh
03-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Now Harry Reid is insulting the intelligence of the average voter.
Sorry Harry but it is the Obama administration that does not know how to design
1. A decent healthcare law
2. A decent website.

Reid on need for ObamaCare extension: People 'not educated' about Internet
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid tried to explain the Obama administration's latest decision to extend a key ObamaCare deadline by saying people just "are not educated on how to use the Internet."
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/26/reid-on-need-for-obamacare-extension-people-not-educated-about-internet/

Gerarddm
03-26-2014, 11:22 PM
< yawn >

LeeG
03-26-2014, 11:26 PM
Don't vote for Obama in 2016!!

David G
03-27-2014, 12:59 AM
Dingleberries gotta dingle.

Jim Bow
03-27-2014, 01:13 AM
http://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/half-say-they-are-tired-of-hearing-about-aca-debate-polling.png?w=600&h=450&crop=1

S.V. Airlie
03-28-2014, 12:00 PM
So you simply discount the over 8 million people who have health insurance today that could not affort it prior to the new law. These folks don't matter?NPR says six The real question is what group is joining, Obama needs 40% the healty middle aged folk to be effective and he doesn't have them yet!

Keith Wilson
03-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Oh, for God's sake . . . Half the states, all with Republicans in control of state government, have refused Medicaid expansion. This includes the poorest states and those with the greatest number of insured people. This is an act of deliberate ideologically-driven cruelty; no other possible way to explain it. It screws over the very poorest of the uninsured, who without it will not be eligible for subsides to buy insurance on the exchanges. And you're whining about how how some few people won't be able to see the doctor they want? Give me a goddamn break. You want a "war on victims", here it is, p!ssing on our boots, and affecting half the country. You very obviously don't give a **** about people's health care, just about bashing the current administration.

http://www.advisory.com/~/media/Advisory-com/Daily-Briefing/2012/11/DB_medicaid_map_lg.jpg

And no more crap about the website. The startup problems are fixed. It's working. More the 6 million people have signed up so far, in addition to Medicaid expansion.

S.V. Airlie
03-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Oh, for God's sake . . . Half the states, all with Republicans in control of state government, have refused Medicaid expansion. This includes the poorest states and those with the greatest number of insured people. This is an act of deliberate ideologically-driven cruelty; no other possible way to explain it. It screws over the very poorest of the uninsured, who without it will not be eligible for subsides to buy insurance on the exchanges. And you're whining about how how some few people won't be able to see the doctor they want? Give me a goddamn break. You want a "war on victims", here it is, p!ssing on our boots, and affecting half the country. You very obviously don't give a **** about people's health care, just about bashing the current administration.

http://www.advisory.com/~/media/Advisory-com/Daily-Briefing/2012/11/DB_medicaid_map_lg.jpg

And no more crap about the website. The startup problems are fixed. It's working. More the 6 million people have signed up so far, in addition to Medicaid expansion.Yup, BUT again, not the category Obama needs to make it a success. He needs those in their thirties and forties in good health in order to mbalace the cost of Obamacare for the sick and the elderly. He needs 40% participation and he only has 29%

Keith Wilson
03-28-2014, 02:55 PM
But that's not the point. Genglandoh was whining about the supposed 'victims', most of whose stories have proved to be false, while ignoring the real victims of the Medicaid-expansion debacle, victimized by the Republican state legislatures.

Those who are necessary to make the program a success have been signing up in large numbers. Enrollment through the exchanges is now well over 6 million.

TomF
03-28-2014, 03:05 PM
Single payer would fix all those problems.

Geng, do you think Congress would pass a law implementing a Single Payer system in America?
Me neither. Someday - perhaps during the term of the next President. :D

But considering that, 6 million or 8 million or whatever more people insured than previously is a Very Good Start. Health insurance which actually insures people, and doesn't disallow coverage for people with pre-existing conditions is a Very Good Start indeed. Especially compared with the prior "system."

S.V. Airlie
03-28-2014, 03:11 PM
It's a mediocre start as I have already posted and explained.

John of Phoenix
03-28-2014, 03:15 PM
You reds have voted 50 times to unravel the ACA. FIFTY TIMES without success. FIFTY TIMES with the same result.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

TomF
03-28-2014, 03:16 PM
It's a mediocre start as I have already posted and explained.But it is a start, which is more than anyone else has either done, or (recently) proposed.

S.V. Airlie
03-28-2014, 03:16 PM
So!

John of Phoenix
03-28-2014, 03:17 PM
So do you have insurance?

S.V. Airlie
03-28-2014, 03:24 PM
But it is a start, which is more than anyone else has either done, or (recently) proposed.And failing too as I have poined ot and w it is. At this rate, healthy people in their 30's and 40's are not participating in the numbers Obama needs o make the system work. The bottom is gonna fall out because Oamacare won't be able to pay for those who have signed up; the eldery and he sick

TomF
03-28-2014, 03:31 PM
Single payer will bring in younger people; will make it universal, and tax-funded.

In the meantime, from a population health perspective it is far better (and even more cost-efficient) for people of whatever age to be able to get timely and appropriate primary- and secondary-prevention than to have that 6-8M people uninsured. It reduces morbidity, pushes mortality out, and increases productivity among the employed population. And increasingly, older people are remaining in the workforce ... so this isn't a moot point.

S.V. Airlie
03-28-2014, 08:47 PM
So do you have insurance?Just so happens I do! stick that in your craw!

ljb5
03-28-2014, 10:20 PM
Just so happens I do! stick that in your craw!

Speaking as a young, healthy guy whose insurance premiums subsidize old, sick guys: "YOU'RE WELCOME!"

LeeG
03-28-2014, 10:32 PM
If yr going to have a war shouldn't there be victims?

oznabrag
03-28-2014, 11:04 PM
If yr going to have a war shouldn't there be victims?

Clearly. If there are to be victors, there must be victims.

genglandoh
03-31-2014, 09:55 AM
Harry Reid has figured out that calling voters liars is not a good idea.
So he tries to lie his way out of this mess.

Look at the following 2 videos

HARRY DOES IT AGAIN -- THIS TIME LYING ABOUT HIS LIES. HE DOESN'T RECALL SAYING ANYTHING, BUT WE WILL REMIND HIM
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/03/30/harry-does-it-again-time-lying-about-his-lies-he-doesnt-recall-saying-anything-we-will

Keith Wilson
03-31-2014, 10:26 AM
http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/Smileys/classic/yawn.gif

David G
03-31-2014, 10:35 AM
Sir? Oh.,.. sir?? Have you been listening to Fox News again?

LeeG
03-31-2014, 10:40 AM
Bad Harry, bad Harry Reid.

ccmanuals
03-31-2014, 11:51 AM
Good Lord, FoxNation. Right up there with WND and the rest of their ilk.

Lew Barrett
03-31-2014, 12:07 PM
I started out opposed to ACA because my wife's premiums went up. After signing on our daughters, and yes, it was a hassle at first, I came to realize that the greater good had been accomplished, even though my wife's premium had gone up and coverage was not significantly improved. However, in our case, a cost for one was more than offset by benefits for the others. I had to look at the big picture to get this through my own thick noggin. Sure, single payer would be much better and I'd prefer to do away with the middle men entirely.
Still, my kids are covered in event of catastrophe.

If the program convinced me, a skeptic, then it will likely do the same for others if only they look at it with open minds and a broad view. It seems some are not capable of that, and so the war against progress continues, fanned by Fox News with the support of sycophants who simply refuse to do anything if they can't own the idea themselves.

S.V. Airlie
03-31-2014, 12:30 PM
But that's not the point. Genglandoh was whining about the supposed 'victims', most of whose stories have proved to be false, while ignoring the real victims of the Medicaid-expansion debacle, victimized by the Republican state legislatures.

Those who are necessary to make the program a success have been signing up in large numbers. Enrollment through the exchanges is now well over 6 million.No the group needed to make Obamacre a success is 30-40 and in good heath. So far, 28% have signed up. The gov needs at least 40%

TomF
03-31-2014, 12:43 PM
No the group needed to make Obamacre a success is 30-40 and in good heath. So far, 28% have signed up. The gov needs at least 40%Eventually, they'll get there. It will become normative - perhaps even as soon as by the time the mid-term elections have come and gone. The news cycle about the ACA then will be rather filled with stories of individuals who'd not had insurance before. They'll be saying, in ads plastered all across America, that a health crisis they experienced would have forced bankruptcy before - and now, it's just a health crisis. Not also a financial crisis.

If the marketers are smart, enough of those people in the ads will be aged 30-40 to make a dent on peoples' awareness.

This is why the Republicans so wanted to kill Obamacare last Fall that they were willing to crash the US economy. And when, unable to do that, they so wanted to push out the implementation by 12 months ... so none of those good news stories could present actual facts to stand beside the ... well, as Senator Graham's performance indicated ... beside the nothing which the GOP has put forward in its place.

Yes, it would be nice if 40%+ of younger people had already signed up by now. Mostly they will, over time. And frankly, the ACA is itself only a stopgap measure ... on the way towards Single Payer. That's the next fight, and I've got good money that says it won't be a GOP proposal being brought to Congress proposing it as the better alternative to the ACA. Even though the citizens who'd benefit from Single Payer would include countless Reps and Dems alike.

S.V. Airlie
03-31-2014, 12:57 PM
Well, they had better be quicker than that. The whole system is relying on that group which hasn't achieved the numbers Obama needs and wants. The next election is too late TomF.

TomF
03-31-2014, 01:06 PM
Next Fall is coming fairly soon. It's not optimal, but you'll suck it up. It will NOT be possible to withdraw care from millions of newly-enfranchised citizens without blowback at the party which demands it. You know which way those 6M voters will cast their ballots if the Reps ever do repeal the ACA and disenfranchise them again, eh?

How many more 30-40 year olds would have signed up, you think, had the Republicans in Congress and elsewhere behaved like grownups? Putting "Country First," and not abandoning their own Romneycare child?

History's gonna judge this period pretty harshly. While Obama's not going to be scot-free, it really won't be pretty for the Republican leadership ... and their Tea Party wingnuts.