How about a big breakfast bowl of glyphosate?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim Bow
    Normcore
    • Jul 2008

How about a big breakfast bowl of glyphosate?

Or a nice peanut butter glyphosate sandwich.

My grandaughter has been diagnosed with "gluten" intolerance and has to watch everything.

I've been concerned with Roundup since it was first promoted.
    “Come, come, my conservative friend, wipe the dew off your spectacles and see the world is moving" - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
  • skipper68
    Banned
    • May 2010

Re: How about a big breakfast bowl of glyphosate?

Thanks for bringing this important subject up, again.
    We know SO much more on the Monsanto Roundup and Gyphosate toxic mixture now.s
    We know our babies are born with it in their organs. Including the brain.
    Mothers milk contains it, formula and baby food is filled with it.
    Poison Corn GMO's are 49% of a canister of Pringles Potatochips.

We know many mutations and deformities are showing up in piglets when the Sow eats GMO..
    GMO Free America is where you will find help for your granddaughter.They have all info to please share with everyone. Be pro active.
    Now the Lobbyists for the Grocery Association is fighting to NOT label these poisons.
    Best wishes, I think you can heal her with the right info.

Comment

• Waddie
      • Aug 2009

I hate very few things or people, but I hate Monsanto. There, I said it. They never give up; they are once again fighting in court to get their poison into alfalfa. If they succeed this time say goodbye to any chance of getting healthy dairy products. I once held the opinion that some GMO's could be helpful in agriculture, but since 90%+ of GMO research is directed at making crops tolerant of large doses of poison I hate to throw the baby out with the bathwater but I now favor a total ban on all GMO products.

regards,
      Waddie
      I started with nothing and I still have most of it....

Comment

• Phillip Allen
        • May 2002

Originally posted by Waddie
        I hate very few things or people, but I hate Monsanto. There, I said it. They never give up; they are once again fighting in court to get their poison into alfalfa. If they succeed this time say goodbye to any chance of getting healthy dairy products. I once held the opinion that some GMO's could be helpful in agriculture, but since 90%+ of GMO research is directed at making crops tolerant of large doses of poison I hate to throw the baby out with the bathwater but I now favor a total ban on all GMO products.

regards,
        Waddie
        as soon as they can find a self pollinating almond tree, you can expect bees to disappear along with any other pollinators... it stands to reason
        The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
        Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Comment

• Waddie
          • Aug 2009

Phillip, put two pans of food in front of most any animal; one with GMO and the other natural. The animal, be it a dog, chicken, cat, etc, will only sniff the GMO and will eat the natural. No kidding, I tried it with some chickens last year. I didn't think it would work, but somehow they could tell, even when I switched around the pans.

regards,
          Waddie
          I started with nothing and I still have most of it....

Comment

• skipper68
            Banned
            • May 2010

They have destroyed farmers in India. Dead cows, poisoned soil. Look it up. I spend much time watching Monsanto. They probably watch me too.
            Education and petitions ARE working.
            Go to my link and educate yourselves.
            BTW, they are airplane spraying Electric lines. and killing all the bee hives. For "Weeds" my #E%&U. Bees are Competition.
            I'm in a Hurricaneish thing here. Fun.

Comment

• Gerarddm
              #RESIST
              • Feb 2010

Monsanto is EVIL. I would break them like TR did to Standard Oil.
              Gerard>
              Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Comment

• Phillip Allen
                • May 2002

Originally posted by Waddie
                Phillip, put two pans of food in front of most any animal; one with GMO and the other natural. The animal, be it a dog, chicken, cat, etc, will only sniff the GMO and will eat the natural. No kidding, I tried it with some chickens last year. I didn't think it would work, but somehow they could tell, even when I switched around the pans.

regards,
                Waddie
                they seem to have everything invested in a world food source takeover
                The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
                Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Comment

• JimD
                  Senior Mumbler
                  • Feb 2002

From Occupy Monsanto http://occupy-monsanto.com/

There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Comment

• slug
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2012

A landmark legal battle between two farmers over alleged GM contamination has started in the Western Australian Supreme Court. The case is expected to determine GM farmers’ liability if their crops affect neighboring territories.

lawsuite, GM crops Australia.

Comment

• Andrew Craig-Bennett
                      Who?
                      • Aug 1999

I was utterly horrified to discover the extent to which the rice farms of the Philippines are saturated - there is no other word - in Roundup. I think I can safely assume that what goes for the Philippines goes for Thailand and Vietnam which are the main exporters of Asian "sticky" "fragrant" rice, and for China and Indonesia which grow a lot and consume even more.

I've switched to "organic" bread, flour and oats, likewise organic milk and eggs.
                      IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Comment

• Old Dryfoot
                        That Richard Guy
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by Portland
                        Unfortunately Monsanto can buy or neutralise just about any politician.
                        Proper food labelling laws would slow Monsanto down , if people refused GM products.
                        Rob J.
                        There is a concerted effort to require the labeling of all products containing GMO foods, it is however, being fought tooth and nail every step of the way. I would not be surprised in the least if it's defeated. The GMO crowd is also seeking the right to label GMO products as natural, in spite of the fact that they are engineered.

I'd vote to break them up if there was indeed a vote, or any form of public opinion that held weight on this matter. I fear that for consumers this is a case of 'shut up and take what you get' though...

Comment

• xflow7
                          • Mar 2009

I'm not at all an expert on GMO, and I don't have an especially informed view about the topic. But based on the little bit of investigation I've done on the matter it scares me that all of the regulatory focus seems to be on the health effects of the GMO crops in isolation with no accounting for the health effects of the different farming practices that they foment.
                          Sooty Tern Build Thread: Another Tern in the Works!
                          Sooty Tern Blog: http://xflow7.wordpress.com

Comment

• George.
                            • Aug 2004

Exactly. The defense of GM crops argues that they may require less poison to grow. But that obviously would not be in the interest of the poison industry, so instead they make and market crops that require their patented poison.

Comment

• Andrew Craig-Bennett
                              Who?
                              • Aug 1999

Originally posted by George.
                              Exactly. The defense of GM crops argues that they may require less poison to grow. But that obviously would not be in the interest of the poison industry, so instead they make and market crops that require their patented poison.
                              yes, that is the hidden part of the issue.
                              IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Comment

Working...