PDA

View Full Version : Our yard is in March/April on page 52 and you wouldn't belive the trouble its caused

shade of knucklehead
02-18-2014, 09:02 PM
already

And I quote...

"The man his sons call "Pop" is a collector and his meticulously organized shop is packed full of the kind of tools you can't buy anymore..."

Pop came in today after lunch yelling, "I'm Mr ORGANIZED!" (Which is what he calls himself on a regular basis), "and I have PROOF!" Then he reads me the above sentence out loud with great pomp and circumstance.

I'm telling you, he is gonna be hell to work with...

:lol:

We appreciate the article.

Bryan Flanigan

Tom Jackson
02-19-2014, 07:07 AM
Priceless.....

Breakaway
02-19-2014, 04:59 PM
:eek:Y>Y>Y>

Kevin

chas
02-19-2014, 06:31 PM
That issue will make it out here in a month or so. Congratulations, Brian; looking forward to putting a shop to the name. / Jim

Cecil Borel
02-19-2014, 07:59 PM
Congratulations on the article, I think it was great! I grew up in Bridgeton, fished on the Delaware Bay when there were weakfish, and have a life long fascination with oyster boats. Glad to see you guys make a go of it.

Cecil

holzbt
02-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Congratulations. Nice article. Is the CASHIER still around? Thought she'd be on one of the lists of DBO schooners.

Peerie Maa
02-20-2014, 11:15 AM
My copy arrived today.

Has Pop settled down, or are you having to widen those shop doors? :D

nedL
02-20-2014, 12:32 PM
It arrived yesterday for me. That is a definate 'must read' for me!! There goes your peace & quite!! :D :D :D

David G
02-20-2014, 05:12 PM
As a fellow with two sons, and WAY too much crap collected... I have to agree with Pop. He IS Mr. Organized. And... btw.. sons should usually just say, "Yes, dad. You're right, dad". <G> Nice little mini-profile. Most enjoyable.

shade of knucklehead
02-20-2014, 08:24 PM
Thanks all

Lets see,

Pop has not settled down, the funny thing is that everyone that hears that someone called him organized cracks up laughing.
The Cashier is the oldest oyster boat but its no longer working. Last I saw it was in the water under a shed in bivalve, but it was on the bottom and the tide was just running in and out of her.

Hey David,

Pop always told me that children should be seen and not heard, and to go sit on the floor and let my feet hang down, and I don't want it done the right way, I want to done my way....

LongIslandBoy
02-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Hey, Bryan, I just got my copy in the mail yesterday, and went straight to page 52. Are you one of the guys scraping?
Regards, Wes

shade of knucklehead
02-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Hey, Bryan, I just got my copy in the mail yesterday, and went straight to page 52. Are you one of the guys scraping?
Regards, Wes

No, I am the guy welding in front of the shop. We had just hauled the Maggie and there is really nothing that needs doing by me until the boat is scraped and dried a bit. We did end up doing a bunch of work on the starboard side aft, but by then we were running so late I was staying late at night and had no time to fool around with a camera. That is actually Thumper and one of his helpers mentioned in the article

Vince Brennan
03-01-2014, 08:09 AM
Mazel! Nice article.