PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Dems are afraid of Hillary becoming President?

genglandoh
02-14-2014, 02:31 PM
Hillary is famous for having a hit list and attacking people who she does not like.
Many Dems are on that list because they supported Obama in 2008.

I think many would like to see someone else in the WH other than Hillary.
The Dem primaries will be interesting.

Jim Bow
02-14-2014, 02:37 PM
No.

BTW, every politician has a hit list.

Jim Mahan
02-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Your version of trollish wishing.

Paul Pless
02-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Hillary is famous for having a hit list and attacking people who she does not like.could you be more specific please?

bogdog
02-14-2014, 02:45 PM
George W. and his mum Barbara were famous for eliminating GHWBs enemies. Such a sweet looking old woman she was too, but it kept her hubby's hand clean.

Paul Pless
02-14-2014, 02:54 PM
Famous? If so, you should be able to substantiate that claim. Methinks you're synthesizing that out of your own imagination.me thinks genglandoh hangs on rush limbaugh's every word. . .

switters
02-14-2014, 03:11 PM
the newly released memoirs have a lot to say about the how the HRC staff kept a list of who supported Obama over HRC, and a quick google of Hillarys hit list show that it is somewhat famous in its detail. That said, some have been paid back and some have been forgiven.

as Jim Said in his post, every politician has a hit list, so denying that HRC has one is blindness.

The blue team see Hillary as being able to win it, and they would rather win than run someone who may be "better". The red team feels the same way. Hence The Palin the Blue team loves to hate.

Non story.

Rich Jones
02-14-2014, 03:22 PM
Where can I get my Hillary 2016 bumper sticker?

Tom Montgomery
02-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Earth to genglandoh: no

Waddie
02-14-2014, 03:30 PM
A politician with a hit list? Is that even possible? I'm shocked, shocked to think such a thing exists. Even more shocking is the idea that politicians from the same party could be on that list.... do politicians make enemies within their own party? I mean, how probable is that?

Short answer; Yeah, some Dems should be worried if Hil gets elected.

regards,
Waddie

David G
02-14-2014, 03:37 PM
At this point, and right off the top of my head, I can't think of any prominent dems... potential candidates... who don't understand that the reversal of the swing toward laissez-faire capitalism is the primary task before us. Maybe my preferences will become more refined thru the course of the campaign, but at this point, I don't much care which one they nominate.

So forget the Hillary bumper sticker... I'll take one of those Palin for Prez stickers! I'll put it next to my Nuke The Baby Whales For Jesus sticker. Maybe right above the WalMart - The Smart Choice sticker.

Keith Wilson
02-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Do you think the Dems are afraid of Hillary becoming President?No.

John Smith
02-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Famous? If so, you should be able to substantiate that claim. Methinks you're synthesizing that out of your own imagination.

Absolutely: they are called Republicans.

This is 'new', somehow?

He's been listening to the folks on Fox.

John Smith
02-14-2014, 03:44 PM
I don't see anyone 'better', on the list of potential Democratic candidates.... and I'd say that among Democrats, Hillary is still the most popular potential candidate, by far.

I feel a lot more sorry for Republicans, who are faced either with a Tea Party candidate who can't possibly win, or a traditional Republican candidate who the Tea Party won't support.
And all that Koch money.

John Smith
02-14-2014, 03:46 PM
A politician with a hit list? Is that even possible? I'm shocked, shocked to think such a thing exists. Even more shocking is the idea that politicians from the same party could be on that list.... do politicians make enemies within their own party? I mean, how probable is that?

Short answer; Yeah, some Dems should be worried if Hil gets elected.

regards,
Waddie
This begs an interesting question: when does a list of those who support you and who don't become a hit list?

Keith Wilson
02-14-2014, 03:50 PM
. . . when does a list of those who support you and who don't become a hit list?When you try to have them killed.

Jim Bow
02-14-2014, 03:57 PM
And to think that John Kennedy, whose father stopped just short of murdering anyone who got in the way, populated his cabinet with Republicans.

genglandoh
02-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Just think what Hillary would do with the IRS and the NSA.

switters
02-14-2014, 04:05 PM
I don't see anyone 'better', on the list of potential Democratic candidates.... and I'd say that among Democrats, Hillary is still the most popular potential candidate, by far.

I feel a lot more sorry for Republicans, who are faced either with a Tea Party candidate who can't possibly win, or a traditional Republican candidate who the Tea Party won't support.

I think Biden would be better, or Hickenlooper, but neither are popular, and popularity wins elections in the highschool of american politics. I cant think of a single republican that can get the nomination that will carry any votes from the center, which is at 38% the last I looked.

I'm waiting to see who the greens run.|:)

LeeG
02-14-2014, 04:05 PM
This is one of the goofier Geng propositions.

genglandoh
02-14-2014, 04:23 PM
I think Biden would be better, or Hickenlooper, but neither are popular, and popularity wins elections in the highschool of american politics. I cant think of a single republican that can get the nomination that will carry any votes from the center, which is at 38% the last I looked.

I'm waiting to see who the greens run.|:)

I would refine good as someone who would get stuff done.
I do not think Biden could get stuff done.

I have always liked Governors as Presidents.
The only Dem Governors I can think of is Cuomo.
But maybe it is his name and not his actions that makes me think of him.

Hillary is someone who has always had a hard time getting things done.
Arkansas school system, National health care law, getting her bills passed in the senate, etc.
Although I think she would be very good at attacking anyone on her hit list.

David G
02-14-2014, 04:33 PM

Hmmm... I find them pretty much equal, in that respect :)

When the tach is kept above the redline constantly... who's to say which shift was the WORST over-rev? They're ALL stupid and potentially desctuctive, as well as contributing nothing - even being counter-productive (being beyond the meat of the power-band).

Soundbounder
02-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Just think what Hillary would do with the IRS and the NSA.

Look what happened to Vince Foster.

wardd
02-14-2014, 04:55 PM
really dumb question

are the republicans going to vote her in to get back at democrats?

CWSmith
02-14-2014, 05:01 PM
I'm still hoping Joe Biden runs. All jokes aside, I like his values. As for Hillary, I'd vote for her. I mean, she's no Palin, but then who is?

bobbys
02-14-2014, 05:37 PM

I feel sorry for democrats.
Hillary sucked up all the oxygen in the Democratic Party and took away any bright lights that may have rose up.
If Hillary is to old or her past catches up with her all you guys have are a vice president that is a walking gaffe machine,Pocahontas or far left loons.

Any democrat will have to distance them selfs from obamacare and most if not all would have voted for it..
no body will want Obama campaigning for them.

David G
02-14-2014, 06:43 PM

I feel sorry for democrats.
Hillary sucked up all the oxygen in the Democratic Party and took away any bright lights that may have rose up.
If Hillary is to old or her past catches up with her all you guys have are a vice president that is a walking gaffe machine,Pocahontas or far left loons.

Any democrat will have to distance them selfs from obamacare and most if not all would have voted for it..
no body will want Obama campaigning for them.

ODS strikes again.

LeeG
02-14-2014, 06:46 PM
Palin/Cruz in 2016!!!

Canoeyawl
02-14-2014, 06:51 PM
Palin / Christie - 2016

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/G3MggosSmpWC8OPkaSIryw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTQyMTtweG9mZj01MDtweW 9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz03NDk-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/theweek/two-front-runner-peas-in-a-pod.jpg

Tom Montgomery
02-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Yep.

But he IS entertaining! :d

Tom Montgomery
02-14-2014, 06:55 PM
palin/cruz in 2016!!!
Rock the Celebration!!!

Tom Montgomery
02-14-2014, 06:56 PM
Palin / Christie - 2016

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/G3MggosSmpWC8OPkaSIryw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTQyMTtweG9mZj01MDtweW 9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz03NDk-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/theweek/two-front-runner-peas-in-a-pod.jpg

Hard to escape the conclusion that the GOP is screwed already.

elf
02-14-2014, 07:02 PM
If all the Dems can come up with is Mrs. Clinton, they're screwed too.

skipper68
02-14-2014, 08:25 PM
Agree elf. Elizabeth Warren is pure Platinum.
Soo, I posted this in the wrong place, so I shall C&P it again,

She is a Skank.
Now I could see Bill being an Ambassador.
Never happen.
She needs to go teach Kindergarten.
You never know terror till you have a giggle of them not walking right back to the room!
Running LOL,holding hands and skipping too!
The Principle seen it!
Everyone had a 20 minute nap, Damit!
Anything to do with our Gov? No, oh wait HE!! NO.

Tom Montgomery
02-14-2014, 08:35 PM
I am a Democrat. I like Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden. There are hidden gems out there such as Kentucky's Jerry Abramson.

But I am certainly not afraid of a Hillary Clinton presidency.

Now... the thought of another Republican presidency scares the bejebbers out of me given the current crop of likely GOP contenders!

Waddie
02-14-2014, 08:54 PM
This begs an interesting question: when does a list of those who support you and who don't become a hit list?

When you dream of bad things happening to them.... like traffic snarls...... or making sure their district doesn't get that defense contract....

regards,
Waddie

leikec
02-14-2014, 09:04 PM
All of this speculation is fun, but it doesn't mean a thing. I said it before, but it bears repeating: Howard Dean and Rudy Giuliani were tremendously popular...right up until people went to the polls and voted.

Jeff C

pefjr
02-14-2014, 09:56 PM
Depends on the day of the month with these dems,..... or in some cases 6 yrs.

CWSmith
02-14-2014, 09:57 PM
All of this speculation is fun, but it doesn't mean a thing. I said it before, but it bears repeating: Howard Dean and Rudy Giuliani were tremendously popular...right up until people went to the polls and voted.

Jeff C

My memory is that Giuliani's shine wore off as people got to know him. Dean just had a bad mic day - I never understood that.

Chris Coose
02-14-2014, 10:33 PM
She ordered the embassy in Bengazi to be overun by local terists because the Ambassador was dating Monica.

skipper68
02-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Ya see! Daddy should have ordered it!
That is one Dysfunctional Family.:(
:D :D
Don't give her a platform.

Gerarddm
02-15-2014, 03:12 AM
No, but Republicans sure are. Working themselves up into a tizzy already about it in fact. Funny.

BTW, I am not convinced that she should run at all, but am I afraid? No.

Soundbounder
02-15-2014, 03:21 AM
My memory is that Giuliani's shine wore off as people got to know him. Dean just had a bad mic day - I never understood that.
Dean was in trouble before his famous scream. He had already placed a distant 3rd in Iowa, behind Kerry and Edwards.

Giuliani, in 2008, chose to ignore early contests and focus on Florida. This backfired by allowing McCain and Romney to gain momentum in NH, SC, etc. Giuliani was also hurt by the embarrassing details which accompanied the indictment of Bernard Kerik in the months leading up to the primaries.