PDA

View Full Version : Monomoy

CMS
04-05-2001, 11:52 PM
Hey, i'm tring to start a restoration prject of a Monomoy and i was hopping to get a copy of the lines drawings. Now i know there out there, i've allready talked to some groups in Cali, and Mystic Sea port(with the latter, i had problems because of my computer illiteracy). So i know if i keep digging, i'll find it. Since i had never really gone looking for something like this before, i was hoping some of you guys could point me in the right direction.
Colin

CMS
Hey, i'm tring to start a restoration prject of a Monomoy and i was hopping to get a copy of the lines drawings. Now i know there out there, i've allready talked to some groups in Cali, and Mystic Sea port(with the latter, i had problems because of my computer illiteracy). So i know if i keep digging, i'll find it. Since i had never really gone looking for something like this before, i was hoping some of you guys could point me in the right direction.
Colin

CMS
Colin

Jonathan Kabak
04-06-2001, 08:22 AM
Colin-

SUNY Maritime College at Ft. Schyler in NY has a fleet of these boats. I would venture a guess that at some point someone took a set of lines off of them. I would try to get intouch with the waterfront director. It has been several years since I have been around there so I have no idea who that would be these days.

Try calling the ships plans or small craft collection at Mystic (sometimes they are not so computer literate either).

Best of luck

Jonathan

Jonathan Kabak
Colin-

SUNY Maritime College at Ft. Schyler in NY has a fleet of these boats. I would venture a guess that at some point someone took a set of lines off of them. I would try to get intouch with the waterfront director. It has been several years since I have been around there so I have no idea who that would be these days.

Try calling the ships plans or small craft collection at Mystic (sometimes they are not so computer literate either).

Best of luck

Jonathan

Jonathan Kabak
Colin-

Best of luck

Jonathan

Bayboat
04-06-2001, 01:48 PM
I can't help with the plans, but just want to say that you've made a good choice. I had a Monomoy many years ago, and she sailed just great. She was just out of the Navy, with sailing rig, oars and centerboard intact. We had a lot of fun with her, and eventually turned her over to the Sea Scouts. If Ft. Schuyler or Mystic don't work, you might try Smithsonian. See ad in WB.

Bayboat
I can't help with the plans, but just want to say that you've made a good choice. I had a Monomoy many years ago, and she sailed just great. She was just out of the Navy, with sailing rig, oars and centerboard intact. We had a lot of fun with her, and eventually turned her over to the Sea Scouts. If Ft. Schuyler or Mystic don't work, you might try Smithsonian. See ad in WB.

Bayboat