PDA

View Full Version : With apologies to Steve McMahon

Jim Bow
01-27-2014, 04:01 PM
Steve posted a pic of a restroom sign that intrigued him.
I snooped the url of his pic and got to his Photobucket album which took me to this other pic:

Truck pron:

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r556/SteveMcMahon/P1020641.jpg

Full Tilt
01-27-2014, 04:04 PM
Aren't you the little hacker ?

Michael D. Storey
01-27-2014, 04:11 PM
That's not a Hacker, It's a Chevrolet

bogdog
01-27-2014, 04:14 PM
Oh my!

Steve McMahon
01-27-2014, 04:33 PM
That's not a Hacker, It's a Chevrolet

A Studebaker actually.

Michael D. Storey
01-27-2014, 04:35 PM
I just saw a lotta red letters on the hubcap.

Steve McMahon
01-27-2014, 04:36 PM
Steve posted a pic of a restroom sign that intrigued him.
I snooped the url of his pic and got to his Photobucket album which took me to this other pic:

Truck pron:

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r556/SteveMcMahon/P1020641.jpg

No apologies required Jim. I left my photo bucket account open to the world.
I expect anything that is on it is there because I have posted it at one time or the other to the wbf.

TomF
01-27-2014, 05:37 PM
That's so lovely i'd never have the heart to toss a load of dirt in the back.

The Bigfella
01-27-2014, 07:12 PM
Interesting phenomena, this Photobucket hacking. I leave my account open. There's no secrets on it.... but I've been posting a couple of pics taken by a mate to a ride report of mine. He's got some interesting photos in his account (he gave me the link.... I didn't hack it). Someone else hacked it and sent me a "wow" message.

Oh... Steve.... wow. Love the Studebaker.

Steve McMahon
01-27-2014, 10:47 PM
Just to be clear, it is my neighbors truck. I have posted it here before, hence the reason it was on photo bucket.
When I first saw the truck about 8 years ago it was a heap of scrap metal on a flat deck trailer. It would have taken an expect to recognize it was a truck let alone what kind. He rebuilt it from the ground up in exacting detail. I mean right down to machining axle stubs and an engine that started as a hunk of rusty cast iron. It is now his daily driver in spring summer and fall. The first coat of paint after the primer is automotive enamel. That was scuffed with sandpaper and has hundreds of layers of hand painted latex paint applied. In the summer and fall we never know what colour the truck will be - it depends on what colour suits his fancy that day and what he finds in the mis-mixed bin at the local hardware store. It is possible that the guys at the paint store mix a few of their choices and put them in the bin just to see if he chooses them. My understanding is that he eventually going to let the paint fade / wear on it's own.