PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff Joe at it again...

Arizona Bay
01-25-2014, 05:02 PM
This guy needs to spend some time wearing the pink underwear in his tent city jail in the desert.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio: 38 Arizona inmates to eat only bread & water for one week due to ‘unpatriotic’ acts

January 25, 2014
By Anomaly (http://freakoutnation.com/author/anomaly100/)
Sheriff Joe Arpaio is doling out a harsh punishment to 38 prisoners who he considers ‘unpatriotic’ because they allegedly defaced American flags which were placed in their cells. Arpaio is putting them on a diet of bread and water for one week.
For their alleged unpatriotic acts, Arpaio said, they will be given just bread and water for sustenance.
Arpaio said (http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/24/justice/arizona-inmates-bread-water/), “These inmates have destroyed the American flag that was placed in their cells. Tearing them, writing on them, stepping on them, throwing them in the toilet, trash or wherever they feel. It’s a disgrace … this is government property that they are destroying, and we will take action against those who act this way.”

CNN reports, “The flags are part of a push for patriotism in county jail cells that includes listening to the “Star-Spangled Banner” every morning and “God Bless America” every night over the intercom system.”
Christopher Hegstrom, a spokesman for the Sheriff’s office said, “Sheriff Arpaio is a Korean War veteran and a big patriot.”

And Arpaio probably placed the flags in the prisoners’ cells knowing this would happen.

Paul Pless
01-25-2014, 05:07 PM
nutriloaf, so its legal. . .

dude's a piece of ****

Bobby of Tulsa
01-25-2014, 05:18 PM
nutriloaf, so its legal. . .

dude's a piece of **** Man, That guy needs to wake up with a mackerel can by his bed. How has he lived this long?

Arizona Bay
01-25-2014, 05:21 PM
His county loves him, and he has a volunteer armed posse to look after him... Karma will be a biach though.

Bobby of Tulsa
01-25-2014, 05:30 PM
His county loves him, and he has a volunteer armed posse to look after him... Karma will be a biach though. If he keeps on it wont be Karma that gets him.

Phillip Allen
01-25-2014, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't want that flag or any other flag stuffed down my throat either

Ian McColgin
01-25-2014, 09:10 PM
"“Sheriff Arpaio is a Korean War veteran and a big patriot.”" [From OP]

This is untrue. Arpaio is a Korean War era vet but he was stateside till a year after the war, when he was in France. And Arpaio knows that his, like most of his law enforcement claims, is a lie.

bobbys
01-25-2014, 09:27 PM
one winter some bum stole my raingear and tools from my truck making it very difficult to work and feed my family.

If I had caught that thief he never would have made it to sheriff joes..

OK I'm a bad guy I know"..

Waddie
01-25-2014, 11:59 PM
I love that guy. Pink underwear so they won't want to steal it. Sandwiches to save money. Don't screw with the flags - it seems easy enough. You don't have to interact with him at all if you don't want to. Just don't commit a crime.

regards,
Waddie

Glen Longino
01-26-2014, 03:19 AM
I wouldn't want that flag or any other flag stuffed down my throat either

Me neither!
Sheriff Joe must go!
Call me a poet!

Glen Longino
01-26-2014, 03:25 AM
I love that guy. Pink underwear so they won't want to steal it. Sandwiches to save money. Don't screw with the flags - it seems easy enough. You don't have to interact with him at all if you don't want to. Just don't commit a crime.

regards,
Waddie

I don't believe you!
I believe you have more sense than you display in this instance!
Don't expect me to believe that you admire this POS bully, self-serving Troglodyte.

Soundbounder
01-26-2014, 03:50 AM

What crime did this guy commit?

Taxpayers spent $1,102,528.50 this year to settle another of Sheriff Joe Arpaio's lawsuits,New Times has learned through a public records request. The suit was brought by a man whom Arpaio framed in 1999 in a staged murder plot against the sheriff.The payout, nine years after the wrongful arrest, is an indicaton that the aging lawman's publicity-driven, unsavory antics may keep costing taxpayers big money well into the future. The county is already struggling with a huge budget deficit, and the excessive costs of Arpaio's operation isn't helping matters.

In 2004, victim James Saville’s family sued Arpaio for $10 million, after Saville was found not guilty of attempting to kill the sheriff. The county recently settled with Saville for an undisclosed amount. It only had to pay the above amount out of public coffers; its insurance policy covered the rest.

Before you wish that you could collect $1 million by getting framed for Arpaio's murder, consider that Saville spent four years in county jail, awaiting trial as a result of the made-up crime.
In 1999, Arpaio's staff rigged the entire fake assassination plot – just so he could get his mug on TV (http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2004-06-24/news/in-the-crosshairs/).
News cameras were already rolling when deputies arrested Saville. Gullible TV reporters gobbled up Arpaio’s story about a local Unabomber who was plotting to kill America’s “toughest” sheriff.

In 2004, a jury found Saville innocent of all charges. Not only that, but it ruled that Arpaio’s minions helped buy the bomb parts themselves and “entrapped” Saville in a TV-ready murder plot.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2008/10/arpaios_phony_murder_plot_cost.php

Arizona Bay
01-26-2014, 11:11 AM
You don't have to interact with him at all if you don't want to. Just don't commit a crime.

regards,
Waddie

...or be Mexican, or non-white, non-republican, non-Christian, female, poor, liberal, look at him funny, or say or do anything he doesn't like.

To be fair, he has established a no kill animal shelter in Maricopa County, and spends a lot of time and energy working to stop animal abuse.

bobbys
01-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Me neither!
Sheriff Joe must go!
Call me a poet!
the last time you threw down any good poetry was when Walter Brennan had all his teeth,!

Phillip Allen
01-26-2014, 05:38 PM
the guy's a nut case... seems to appeal to his constituancy

jclays
01-27-2014, 07:32 PM
I like what he is doing. Maybe criminals will would think twice if they were all treated this way instead of being given more in jail than they have on the streets.
Go Sheriff Joe.

Ian McColgin
01-27-2014, 08:20 PM
I can't believe anyone has the gall to defend Arpaio. In his years crime in Maricopa County has been rising while the rest of Arizona has a decline. Police time to 911 has grown longer. Cases are falsely cleared with no real results. Things could not be better for drug thugs if they had Arpaio on their payroll.