PDA

View Full Version : A rational Fukushima article

Gerarddm
01-24-2014, 12:26 PM
http://realitysandwich.com/215777/an-overview-of-fukushima-and-a-call-for-meaningful-international-collaboration/

Full Tilt
01-24-2014, 12:47 PM
"possible" melt through??

That's rational to you?

This article minimizes the damage which is very soothing, if one is so naive as to believe it.

There will be many more "rational" articles like this one in the future, as Japan, it's allies, the UN and it's subsidiaries bring to bear the full effect of their propaganda machine to deceive and conceal the truth.

That's what Japan's official secrets law is all about.

Mike

Peerie Maa
01-24-2014, 12:48 PM
I was sceptical of the GE design of boiling water reactors when Fukushima first hit the news, this does not make iy any better:

One important thing to realize is that there are 23 reactors of the same GE Series 1 design as at Fukushima Daiichi operating in the United States today. The design flaws of the GE Series 1 reactors have long been known about. Indeed thirty-five years ago, Dale G. Bridenbaugh and two colleagues at General Electric resigned from their jobs after becoming increasingly convinced that the Series 1 reactor was so flawed it could lead to a devastating accident. The Series 1 reactors have since been retrofitted to improve their resilience to serious accidents, but concerns remain. According to Paul Gunther from Beyond Nuclear, ’These reactors, share the same inherently dangerous flaws: a containment system long known to be vulnerable to failure during a severe accident that is then further compromised by an experimental venting system that violates the original licensing contract for an “essentially leak tight containment;” and no emergency backup power for cooling densely packed rooftop nuclear waste storage pools.’

Steve McMahon
01-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Thanks for posting it. I have bookmarked it so I can read it again when I have more time.