PDA

View Full Version : grand rapids airport authority has shot nine snowy owls in the last month

Paul Pless
01-23-2014, 02:08 PM
During the same time Detroit Wayne Airport has captured and relocated seventeen snowy owls.

Public safety is number one in Grand Rapids. . .

bogdog
01-23-2014, 02:15 PM
During the same time Detroit Wayne Airport has captured and relocated seventeen snowy owls.

Public safety is number one in Grand Rapids. . .Don't forget the ones shot at Kennedy in NY...

Steve McMahon
01-23-2014, 06:49 PM

Public safety is number one in Grand Rapids. . .

That really sucks. I've seen only 3 Snowy Owls in my life, each one shortly after the death of a loved one - weird I know. In today's world of knowledge you would think they would have a way of discouraging the owls from frequenting the airport without needing to shoot them. I am not a wildlife biologist so I can only speculate.

Paul Pless
01-23-2014, 06:57 PM
That really sucks. I've seen only 3 Snowy Owls in my life, each one shortly after the death of a loved one - weird I know. In today's world of knowledge you would think they would have a way of discouraging the owls from frequenting the airport without needing to shoot them. I am not a wildlife biologist so I can only speculate.DTW employs a full time biologist that works with the federal fish and wildlife service to discourage and trap and relocate a avriety of species of birds from around the airport. The Grand Rapids airport utilizes the services of an independent nuisance bird trapper one day per month. . .