PDA

View Full Version : Where's the rain?

Dave Gray
01-23-2014, 12:10 AM
Week after week of chilly, sunny weather, sometimes freezing at night. What is a true webfoot to do? Have I suddenly been transported to a different place?

David G
01-23-2014, 10:36 AM
What's rain? And do you have any pointers about scraping ice off of a windshield?

birlinn
01-23-2014, 10:40 AM
It's here!
Rained every day for the last two months.
Raining as I type.

Andrew Craig-Bennett
01-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Have some of mine; buyer collects.

Gerarddm
01-23-2014, 11:32 AM
Putting Rain-X on your windshield makes it somewhat easier to get nice off.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
01-23-2014, 12:31 PM
We here have lots of surplus rain - free to a good home.

Ted Hoppe
01-23-2014, 12:50 PM
We are really worried here in San Francisco. Reservoirs are down by 30 percent already. Mountains and hills are still summer brown. wild fires are gonna burn much this winter and be hellish in summer. Food prices are going to rise by at least 25 percent. Wine growers will suffer. Cars will be illegal to wash. No skiing or other winter sports after February.We are going to be down to 30 second showers by Fall. It goes on and on...

Upside we have had summer sailing all January. Nice but soooo scary.

jonboy
01-23-2014, 01:02 PM
Give me chilly , sunny weather, freezing sometimes at night, anyday, you can always put another sweater on... but prolonged rain is, to me, the pits... inconvenient in a million ways, and somehow depressing... dirt and damp, the hounds , when they come inside, will shake over everything, slippery mud , relative humidity high enough for stuff inside the shed to rust a bit at least.... the 'road' is beaten earth, the paths to the veggy plot are the same, washing draped all over the house...It is only for a couple of months a year, but one gets used to the ideal climate and If I move from here its going to be the most arid place I can find within reason.....

Dave Gray
01-23-2014, 01:53 PM
We usually get about 40 to 45 inches of rain a year. The water year starts in September and it is down by 10 inches. Our wettest months have been dry. No rain, no water in rivers and lakes in which to sail, and how will the sailors, er, salmon, get upstream to spawn?

Bobcat
01-23-2014, 02:30 PM
I am not as concerned about the rain as the lack of snow in the mountains. We were at Paradise on Mt. Rainier this weekend and the marker showing the snow pack was 'way under even the "low snow" mark.

Next summer we will no lawn watering or car washing. Not that I do either <g>

Mad Scientist
01-23-2014, 07:32 PM
...Cars will be illegal to wash...

That's too bad, because car-washing is a sure-fire way to bring rain.;)

Tom