PDA

View Full Version : Sarah channels one of our forums own...

Durnik
01-20-2014, 08:05 PM
A direct quote from Sarah Palin's official, real-life Facebook page: "Mr President, in honor of Martin Luther King Jr and all who commit to ending any racial divide, no more playing the race card."

YCMTSU (http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/20/martin-luther-king-day-provided-social-media-flunks)

enjoy
bobby

eta: a slight change of title to conform to forum etiquette..

Chris Coose
01-20-2014, 08:18 PM
That's right, any liberal black person who mentions their race is targeted as a racist in the eyes of a bagger.

David G
01-20-2014, 08:27 PM
Yup... perfectly authentic dingbattery.

Durnik
01-20-2014, 08:39 PM
...in the eyes of a bagger

(rhetorical) are they _really_ that blind?

perfectly authentic dingbattery.

y'all ought to copyright that one.. ;-)

enjoy
bobby

bobbys
01-20-2014, 08:42 PM
yeah I saw my name on your thread, not surprising you resort to this.

Durnik
01-20-2014, 08:57 PM
...not surprising you resort to this.

Hmmm.. So tell us, are you also not surprised Sarah resorts to that?

btw, the original reference to you was meant in a humorous way knowing of the ongoing back-n-forth over you & she. On reflection, I realized the subject over-rode the humor & I changed the title.

eta: cross post with oz who also recognized the salient point.

peace
bobby

LeeG
01-20-2014, 10:23 PM
Oh Sarah

Gerarddm
01-20-2014, 11:41 PM
Sarah Who?

I hear she going to get cast in a lead role in the new re-boot of the film CLUELESS.

Mrleft8
01-21-2014, 12:34 AM
The gift that keeps on giving....... and being returned for store credit.

LeeG
01-21-2014, 02:27 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Red3R17FlUQ

slug
01-21-2014, 03:08 AM
Who is the prominent Black political leader that could be the next president ?

Soundbounder
01-21-2014, 08:48 AM
Palin attempting to kick up dust and stir the pot. What else is new?

pefjr
01-21-2014, 08:58 AM
Interesting how a few bilge haters can turn MLK day into a Sarah bashing. For MLK, hate was too much a burden. Carry on.

Peerie Maa
01-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Interesting how a few bilge haters can turn MLK day into a Sarah bashing. For MLK, hate was too much a burden. Carry on.Do you continue to think about MLK's message, the day after MLK Day? Or does life go back to normal?

pefjr
01-21-2014, 09:16 AM
Do you continue to think about MLK's message, the day after MLK Day? Or does life go back to normal?I don't think about it at all, or on any specific day, it's instinctive. I read the link and duh! there it was. Then I thought how ironic it was that the preachers of hate are using MLK day(a man that chose LOVE over Hate) to celebrate their burden. lol

Glen Longino
01-21-2014, 09:17 AM
Interesting how a few bilge haters can turn MLK day into a Sarah bashing. For MLK, hate was too much a burden. Carry on.

As usual, Peffer mistakes "disdain" for "hatred", in an attempt to spread his own hatefulness!

TomF
01-21-2014, 09:20 AM
Were MLK alive today, I do wonder whether folks like Sarah would stand up and be a fan.

But not for very long; it's a self-answering question. I doubt SP and the TP are aware of the irony of her facebook post.

pefjr
01-21-2014, 09:22 AM
It's more interesting how Sarah Palin can turn MLK Day into a political screech.Big Surprise! lol, for you, politics rules, 24/7. What else is there.

Phillip Allen
01-21-2014, 09:30 AM
the most constantly racist people I know are lefties... the racist card is meant to trump all other 'arguments' and is trotted out at every opportunity... but don't expect them to 'get it'... let alone, 'get on with life'

TomF
01-21-2014, 09:47 AM
the most constantly racist people I know are lefties... the racist card is meant to trump all other 'arguments' and is trotted out at every opportunity... but don't expect them to 'get it'... let alone, 'get on with life'So the TP folks waving racist anti-Obama placards were all lefty "plants?"

And Obama, in observing as he did the other day that convictions (and incarceration) for pot offences are more common among lower class (who also frequently happen to be latinos and blacks) than among the middle class (who also frequently happen to be white) was actually "playing the race card" rather than describing reality?

Up here, First Nations people have far higher rates of suicide, conviction and incarceration, addictions, some types of chronic disease, etc. Inuit men living in the North are 40X (yep, forty) as likely to commit suicide as their counterparts in Canada's south.

Is it "playing the race card" for a Lefty (or a First Nations person) to compile and quote the stats? Or for a policy guy from another political persuasion to not do so?

Phillip Allen
01-21-2014, 09:48 AM
So the TP folks waving racist anti-Obama placards were all lefty "plants?"

And Obama, in observing as he did the other day that convictions (and incarceration) for pot offences are more common among lower class (who also frequently happen to be latinos and blacks) than among the middle class (who also frequently happen to be white) was actually "playing the race card" rather than describing reality?

Up here, First Nations people have far higher rates of suicide, conviction and incarceration, addictions, some types of chronic disease, etc. Inuit men living in the North are 40X as likely to commit suicide as their counterparts in Canada's south.

Is it "playing the race card" for a Lefty (or a First Nations person) to compile and quote the stats? Or for a policy guy from another political persuasion to not do so?

'either-or' or the extreams... re read my first sentence

Soundbounder
01-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Were MLK alive today, I do wonder whether folks like Sarah would stand up and be a fan.
They would treat his assassination the same way they justify the murder of Trayvon Martin.

I doubt SP and the TP are aware of the irony of her facebook post.

Nope, in their mind, Obama and his angry black wife are the "real racists"

Glen Longino
01-21-2014, 09:54 AM
..."the most constantly racist people I know are lefties"...

I seriously doubt that!

TomF
01-21-2014, 10:17 AM
'either-or' or the extreams... re read my first sentenceI did. I'm not arguing that there aren't racist Lefties - there obviously are. I'm wondering if the reason you see more Left-racism than Right-racism has more to do with confirmation bias than reality.

Palin's comment, quoted in the OP, was racist ... and was doubtless widely supported by her followers. None of whom will have recognized any racism in SP's post ... and each of whom will support her notion that Obama is constantly spewing racist "race card" garbage. Maybe he does sometimes, though I've not recognized it (my own confirmation bias?). Most of his comments touching race I've seen reported ... looking in the international media rather than US based ... are kinda like what he said the other day about pot convictions.

Which is observational, and simply true. Put enough such observations together and one sees that society has a particular structural character in which certain groups are indeed disadvantaged. Which is when people are accused of playing the "race card."

John Smith
01-21-2014, 10:21 AM
So the TP folks waving racist anti-Obama placards were all lefty "plants?"

Up here, First Nations people have far higher rates of suicide, conviction and incarceration, addictions, some types of chronic disease, etc. Inuit men living in the North are 40X (yep, forty) as likely to commit suicide as their counterparts in Canada's south.

Seems there's nothing racist about passing laws that make it hard for people of color to vote, but pointing out that those laws actually do so is racist.

bobbys
01-21-2014, 11:34 AM
It's more interesting how Sarah Palin can turn MLK Day into a political screech.
I think it's more interesting that if MLK started preaching about God at a DNC. Convention he would be shouted down.

David G
01-21-2014, 11:38 AM
I think it's more interesting that if MLK started preaching about God at a DNC. Convention he would be shouted down.

Stand fast, bbbby... don't yield to temptation! it WILL be worth more in the original packaging!!!

TomF
01-21-2014, 11:43 AM
I think it's more interesting that if MLK started preaching about God at a DNC. Convention he would be shouted down.MLK littered his speeches with Biblical allusions, and even those allusions are roundly quoted by progressives - agnostic, atheist, and believer.

But it's true, I agree that a really-and-truly sermon with all the God and Scripture references one might expect in a church ... would be strongly felt as out of place at the DNC. Even by the believers. Separation of Church and State and all that.

Are you suggesting that there'd be a different reception at at the Rep's analagous convention? Constitutionally, is that a good thing?

Soundbounder
01-21-2014, 11:54 AM
Obama didn't invoke God in his nomination speeches? :confused: And he was shouted down when he did? :confused:

Teach me more

pefjr
01-21-2014, 12:11 PM
It is true that god didn't fare too well at the DNC,.....that is until Obama stepped in and forced it on the delegates like castor oil down a child's throat. The price of votes get higher and higher every election. Some votes you can buy with more welfare, and some by invoking god. Just think for a moment, if there was a limit on gods, then gods would become a priceless commodity. It's a good thing Man can create as many gods as needed for the occasion.

bobbys
01-21-2014, 03:21 PM
It is true that god didn't fare too well at the DNC,.....that is until Obama stepped in and forced it on the delegates like castor oil down a child's throat. The price of votes get higher and higher every election. Some votes you can buy with more welfare, and some by invoking god. Just think for a moment, if there was a limit on gods, then gods would become a priceless commodity. It's a good thing Man can create as many gods as needed for the occasion.
As we get closer to the mid terms democrats in red states will suddenly find religion..

Why it's going to be like a old timely tent meeting!