PDA

View Full Version : It will be Boom or bust

Gerarddm
01-20-2014, 01:28 PM
Heard a stat yesterday post-game. There have been four Superbowl matchups between #1 defense versus #1 offense teams in NFL history. Of those four, the defense team won three of them.

Seattle's Legion of Boom won them the NFC Championship. If they can contain Peyton Manning they will go down in lore alongside the Steel Curtain and the Purple People Eaters.

If not, ooopsies.

Soundbounder
01-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Seattle's Legion of Boom won them the NFC Championship. If they can contain Peyton Manning they will go down in lore alongside the Steel Curtain and the Purple People Eaters.

Really, one Super Bowl victory will place them alongside the Steelers of the late 70's who won 4 ? Let's try to maintain some perspective.

Paul Pless
01-20-2014, 02:05 PM
If they can contain Peyton Manning they will go down in lore alongside the Steel Curtain and the Purple People Eaters.

mean joe green, dwight white, lc greenwood, and ernie holmes each have four superbowl rings

the purple peaple eaters went to four superbowls

no matter what, seattle has a ways to go to reach that type of status. . .

Gerarddm
01-20-2014, 03:23 PM
OK, OK, being overenthusiastic, sorry. The post game glow is slow to wear off. ;-)

Soundbounder
01-20-2014, 03:28 PM
OK, OK, being overenthusiastic, sorry. The post game glow is slow to wear off. ;-) Understandable.

Enjoy it!

Jim Bow
01-20-2014, 08:31 PM
But when that 23 - 17 win got them into the Superbowl, getting worked up is allowable.

Paul Girouard
01-21-2014, 12:24 AM
Of course, I watched every game of the Bears' 1985 season. Y> That, my friend, was a defense. Two shutouts during the regular season, shutouts in both playoff games, topped off with a 46-10 win in the Super Bowl.

Jeesh , you had to bring up at Pat's loss !!!! Watched that game in port on USS Ranger with a Bears fan, it was brutal! And here I thought I was over it!

GO HAWKS!