PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hoo! Pot Bowl here we come!!!

James McMullen
01-19-2014, 09:58 PM
As someone who was born in Denver, but currently lives deep in the middle of Seahawks Territory, I am somewhat conflicted over exactly whom to root for in the upcoming Super Bowl. However, the fact that both teams come from enlightened and socially progressive states is highly entertaining. Ha ha! Suck it, Red States. No matter who wins, you still lose!

Rich Jones
01-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Only in the Bilge can politics and sports be mixed together! I love it!!

I would say that you're a Broncos fan by birth. You'd have to go back to Denver and renounce your fanship before becoming a Seahawks fan. Unless you're a dual-fan. Ask Ted Cruz how to handle such a situation...

James McMullen
01-19-2014, 10:11 PM
Heh heh. Mile High City. Heh heh heh heh.

James McMullen
01-19-2014, 10:12 PM
Gray Seattle haze. Heh heh heh heh.

Rich Jones
01-19-2014, 10:26 PM
OK, James, your next project after your famous birdsmouth beer stein is a birdsmouth bong. A little more complicated, but we know you can do it.

Ted Hoppe
01-19-2014, 10:27 PM
marshawn is quite the thug. He has a career after as a bouncer at a weed house.

Paul Girouard
01-20-2014, 12:34 AM
marshawn is quite the thug. He has a career after as a bouncer at a weed house.

No way Lynch works for a plumbing company here in Seattle , and you KNOW what kind of money plumbers make, he won't need no "career after" job as a bouncer with the Plumbers pay checks he's cashing right now!

bobbys
01-20-2014, 03:21 AM
I hope Peyton smokes a bowl before the game.......

seanz
01-20-2014, 05:04 AM
OK, James, your next project after your famous birdsmouth beer stein is a birdsmouth bong. A little more complicated, but we know you can do it.

I heard it said that drugs can lead to carpentry........

Paul Pless
01-20-2014, 06:59 AM
As someone who was born in Denver, but currently lives deep in the middle of Seahawks Territory, I am somewhat conflicted over exactly whom to root for in the upcoming Super Bowl. I'm a bit surprised to learn that you are actually a football fan. . .

skipper68
01-20-2014, 07:07 AM
It seems being a mile hi would get the Sea Hawks high without the pot! You cant even "bake" right without special directions. :D

Rich Jones
01-20-2014, 08:27 AM
It seems being a mile hi would get the Sea Hawks high without the pot! You cant even "bake" right without special directions. :D All these guys are gonna be inhaling is fumes from the chemical plants in stinkin' New Jersey. They'll want some pot, though, to take their minds off the fact that they'll be playing in the nastiest, coldest SuperBowl in modern football history.

Garret
01-20-2014, 09:11 AM
I didn't think the Pats were pitiful - I think they got outplayed by a better team.

I never figured this years Pats would make it to the playoffs & am impressed with how well they did. With some stability & recovery from injuries, they should be a heck of a team next year.

oznabrag
01-20-2014, 09:59 AM
I heard it said that drugs can lead to carpentry........

Well, Jesus was a long haired carpenter, and look what they did to him!

Gerarddm
01-20-2014, 11:56 AM
"Jesus was a cross maker", sang Judee Sills.

( she then died of a heroin overdose )

stromborg
01-20-2014, 12:18 PM
... I am somewhat conflicted over exactly whom to root for in the upcoming Super Bowl....

I wait to see who has the better uniforms and root for them.

Yeadon
01-20-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm a bit surprised to learn that you are actually a football fan. . .

I too am confused by the actions of our otherwise uppity friend.

Native son
01-20-2014, 02:19 PM
shouldnt james be bothering people who don't bild boats the way he do? or maybe he should bild another snooty tern.

switters
01-20-2014, 03:55 PM
This weeks travels take me deep into enemy territory, Seattle the 23rd-26. I am purging the contents of my travel bag of anything that looks like a horse or is orange and blue. Are there any tells that might give me away? Biking Bainbridge island Saturday and cocktails downtown by Pikes market someplace.

bobbys
01-20-2014, 04:05 PM
As someone who was born in Denver, but currently lives deep in the middle of Seahawks Territory, I am somewhat conflicted over exactly whom to root for in the upcoming Super Bowl. However, the fact that both teams come from enlightened and socially progressive states is highly entertaining. Ha ha! Suck it, Red States. No matter who wins, you still lose!
it seems to me your the one who loses no matter who wins.

You were born in Denver but live in hawk vile, and are conflicted.

So your playing it safe but ignoring your own dilemma.

however props for making it political, I m sure you were going to wait to see who won to brag

now that you ventured down herewith a inane political comment I feel I can go upstairs and comment on your threads.

johnw
01-20-2014, 04:22 PM
As for being a Denver fan by birth, they can cure that now.

Thing about the Pot Bowl is, both states seem to have made laws to avoid Big Pot, so we won't see the beer ads replaced any time soon.

ron ll
01-20-2014, 06:32 PM
This weeks travels take me deep into enemy territory, Seattle the 23rd-26. I am purging the contents of my travel bag of anything that looks like a horse or is orange and blue. Are there any tells that might give me away? Biking Bainbridge island Saturday and cocktails downtown by Pikes market someplace.

Yup. BIG tell. It's not Pikes Market. It is the Pike Street Market (or Pike Place Market). NEVER Pikes Market. Only furriners say that.
(And likewise, should you happen near there, it is Hood Canal, never Hood's Canal. :) )

Gerarddm
01-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Carrying an umbrella.

johnw
01-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Yup. BIG tell. It's not Pikes Market. It is the Pike Street Market (or Pike Place Market). NEVER Pikes Market. Only furriners say that.
(And likewise, should you happen near there, it is Hood Canal, never Hood's Canal. :) )

Pike Place Market. You trying to get the guy scorned?

ron ll
01-20-2014, 08:30 PM
We're gonna need SOME way to tell there's a Bronco among us.

johnw
01-20-2014, 08:33 PM
Shoot, sorry I gave you away.

johnw
01-20-2014, 09:19 PM
I'm sure the Pot Bowl will be packed. When they fire up the game, there will be a lot of good feeling, and perhaps a hint of paranoia.

ron ll
01-20-2014, 09:34 PM
Shoot, sorry I gave you away.

I'm glad you chimed in on that one. I grew up around here always calling it the Pike Place Market. But lately I've heard Pike Street Market used so much, even by locals, that I have been corrupted. My old architecture professor, Victor Steinbrueck would probably do some serious grave rolling hearing Street instead of Place. Thanks for the correction.

Garret
01-20-2014, 09:54 PM
Sheesh - both of youz guys should know it's just "That place where the guys throw the fish".

ron ll
01-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Sheesh - both of youz guys should know it's just "That place where the guys throw the fish".
Another tourist "tell". They only throw fish for cameras and tourists, not for locals who are just buying fish. :)

seanz
01-20-2014, 10:15 PM
It's the Pike Place Street Market?

Garret
01-20-2014, 10:21 PM
Another tourist "tell". They only throw fish for cameras and tourists, not for locals who are just buying fish. :)

Yup - last time we were there, they weren't throwing. I guess we weren't acting touristy enough. Living in a tourist destination, one learns how not to act.....

James McMullen
01-20-2014, 10:26 PM
now that you ventured down herewith a inane political comment I feel I can go upstairs and comment on your threads.

Ah, bobbys! I had almost managed to completely forget that you existed. It almost makes me regret my initiative in coming down here again. At any rate, you would be entirely welcome to comment on any upstairs thread of mine if you were to actually have something clever, substantive, accurate, witty, pithy, useful, seemly, logical, well-thought-out, perceptive, shrewd, astute, insightful, on-topic, on-point, clued-in, interesting or valid to say.

So, it's kinda time to step up your game, bro. Or not. I don't actually care.

seanz
01-20-2014, 10:34 PM
Ah, bobbys! I had almost managed to completely forget that you existed. It almost makes me regret my initiative in coming down here again. At any rate, you would be entirely welcome to comment on any upstairs thread of mine if you were to actually have something clever, substantive, accurate, witty, pithy, useful, seemly, logical, well-thought-out, perceptive, shrewd, astute, insightful, on-topic, on-point, clued-in, interesting or valid to say.

Careful, he does a good impression of a fanatical zealot too........

James McMullen
01-20-2014, 10:54 PM
Careful, he does a good impression of a fanatical zealot too........

Woah, oh! Did you hear that, bobbys? Are we gonna stand up for nonsense like this from some bloke with barely more than 19,000 posts to his name?!? Maybe it's time we formed an alliance against the real enemy.

Native son
01-20-2014, 11:00 PM
James is the freindly sort. he makes this forum a better place.

seanz
01-20-2014, 11:01 PM
:D. (http://www.alternet.org/culture/8-habits-intolerant-people)

James McMullen
01-20-2014, 11:26 PM
James is the freindly sort. he makes this forum a better place.

Why thank you, Native son! I noticed that too. Why most of my favorite threads, and all but a few of my favorite posts, were either written, or directly influenced by that guy. He's the best!

James McMullen
01-20-2014, 11:26 PM
Handsome too.

Gerarddm
01-20-2014, 11:31 PM
Utterly chah-ming.

JimD
01-20-2014, 11:36 PM
Somebody please hand out some free grass to the Broncos just before game time. Go Seahawks go.

bobbys
01-21-2014, 12:16 AM

tell me your allegiance lies with the hawks and I shall withhold my superior wit against you.

seanz
01-21-2014, 01:17 AM
tell me your allegiance lies with the hawks and I shall withhold my superior wit against you.

Don't do it , James, it's a trap! Bobbys' average wit will cause you all sorts of problems and his low wit will chop you off at the knees.

Anyway, Bobbys never uses his 'superior wit', claims it's worth more if kept in the original packaging.
;)

James McMullen
01-21-2014, 01:46 AM
No fear! I am rooting for [________], of course, and plan to take full advantage of the handy <edit> function to prove that I am, and always have been, a true and ever-loyal fan of these remarkable winners.

bobbys
01-21-2014, 01:53 AM
Don't do it , James, it's a trap! Bobbys' average wit will cause you all sorts of problems and his low wit will chop you off at the knees.

Anyway, Bobbys never uses his 'superior wit', claims it's worth more if kept in the original packaging.
;)
I almost had James right where I wanted him till you blew my plan.

seanz
01-21-2014, 01:56 AM
Couldn't let you do it bobbys, James is so young......

Garret
01-21-2014, 07:47 AM
;)

This was just immortalized in Bilge's Best Quotes - appropriately enough - started by Bobbys hisself.

switters
01-21-2014, 09:47 AM

Ahhh, good to know. Thanks.

BrianW
01-21-2014, 10:29 AM
So what's the story behind the bronz(ish) pig in front of the fish throwers?

ron ll
01-21-2014, 10:38 AM
Here's a case where an extra word or so might help understanding the meaning of a headline.

"Pete Carroll says Sherman sorry rant overshadowed win"

I agree. It was a sorry rant. :D

bobbys
01-21-2014, 10:50 AM
Here's a case where an extra word or so might help understanding the meaning of a headline.

"Pete Carroll says Sherman sorry rant overshadowed win"

I agree. It was a sorry rant. :D
He is in the running for BROTM though."..

bobbys
01-21-2014, 11:32 AM
This was just immortalized in Bilge's Best Quotes - appropriately enough - started by Bobbys hisself.
Why , thank you!

bobbys
01-21-2014, 11:42 AM
As a commercial salmon fisherman the last thing I would do is throw fish, The fish would bruise.

I cleaned my fish right away and iced them right away..

All my fish went right to restaurants and they put the name of our boats on the menus.

Gerarddm
01-21-2014, 11:46 AM
It is literally a piggy bank.

Rome has the Trevi fountain and Three Coins in the Fountain and all that; Seattle has a pig.

David G
01-21-2014, 12:13 PM
;)

I had, heretofore, avoided this dangerous thread. Afraid of a contact high. But that bleepidy bleep character posted to "Best Quotes" and sent me here to admire your handiwork. And handy work it is! But... methinks you are too kind to bobbys - by citing his claims and ignoring the resounding chorus that says the item in question is completely imaginary.

Garret
01-21-2014, 12:26 PM
I had, heretofore, avoided this dangerous thread. Afraid of a contact high. But that bleepidy bleep character posted to "Best Quotes" and sent me here to admire your handiwork.

You are very welcome! Mind giving me some better idea of what might replace "bleepidy bleep"? Though I will say it has a nice ring to it just as it is... :p

David G
01-21-2014, 12:35 PM
I wasn't going to expose your misdeeds, but you've gone and outed yourself! And you'll have to use your bleepidy bleep imagination, eh? <G>

Garret
01-21-2014, 12:41 PM
I wasn't going to expose your misdeeds, but you've gone and outed yourself! And you'll have to use your bleepidy bleep imagination, eh? <G>

See post # 48....

switters
01-27-2014, 11:07 AM
Made it out of enemy territory safely, I couldn't take another day of being surrounded by the number 12 randomly posted everywhere, including lit up on buildings downtown.

bobbys
01-27-2014, 01:15 PM
Made it out of enemy territory safely, I couldn't take another day of being surrounded by the number 12 randomly posted everywhere, including lit up on buildings downtown.
I would have thought they would have had the number420 plastered everywhere.

Breakaway
01-27-2014, 01:30 PM
As a commercial salmon fisherman the last thing I would do is throw fish, The fish would bruise.

Yup. Be just like eating a road-kill deer.

Kevin

John Smith
01-27-2014, 01:32 PM
Only in the Bilge can politics and sports be mixed together! I love it!!

I would say that you're a Broncos fan by birth. You'd have to go back to Denver and renounce your fanship before becoming a Seahawks fan. Unless you're a dual-fan. Ask Ted Cruz how to handle such a situation...

When I first joined the American Postal Workers Union I heard Francis Filby, then president of the union, answer someone's question with, "You can't get the politics out of anything."

He sure got that right.