PDA

View Full Version : The man is crazy.

Mrleft8
01-18-2014, 10:29 PM
Ever since he left a face print in our yard, Keith Wilson has been....... A little...... Off.
I'd just like to let you all know that his charts, and graphs, and statistics are all pure lunacy due to his drain bramadge.
Just sayin' That's all.

Keith Wilson
01-18-2014, 10:32 PM
These fragments I have shored against my ruins
Why then Ile fit you. Hieronymo's mad againe.
Datta. Dayadhvam. Damyata.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4df39b3127ccef57047ac866100000030O00BYsmzNu4aMQ e3nwE/cC/f%3D0/ls%3D00104873621020140119025232073.JPG/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

Steve McMahon
01-18-2014, 10:32 PM
I was wondering what caused it.... he just seems so darned reasonable, I knew it had to be an act.

Keith Wilson
01-18-2014, 10:34 PM
I have nightmares about crawling around on the ground, he sang. The little dogs, Tray, Blanche, Sue, they bark at me, the little
snakes, they hiss at me, the beggars are coming to town. Then at last come the clams.

Mrleft8
01-18-2014, 10:35 PM
I was wondering what caused it.... he just seems so darned reasonable, I knew it had to be an act.

Carter and Steven and Mary Bauer took a plaster casting of the face print for evidence....

Mrleft8
01-18-2014, 10:36 PM
I have nightmares about crawling around on the ground, he sang. The little dogs, Tray, Blanche, Sue, they bark at me, the little
snakes, they hiss at me, the beggars are coming to town. Then at last come the clams.

Ah yes.... The silence of the clams..... Tell us Keith.... Do the clams talk to you still?

Arizona Bay
01-18-2014, 10:38 PM
Have you made a mold yet? I'd like Wilson mask, or a reasonable facsimile...

Mrleft8
01-18-2014, 10:40 PM
We'll have Noey fax you one. He has them on a 3-D printer I think....
BTW, I'm not really here. I'm asleep and the cat....... I mean, Um...... Never mind.....

Keith Wilson
01-18-2014, 10:40 PM
Never once, in all the incarnations, in all the cycles of samsara, in all the years of the turning world, east or west, fire or ice, late or soon, tinker to evers to chance, has a clam talked to me.

Mrleft8
01-18-2014, 10:46 PM
Never once, in all the incarnations, in all the cycles of samsara, in all the years of the turning world, east or west, fire or ice, late or soon, tinker to evers to chance, has a clam talked to me.

Hence the silence of the clams.
One must become one with the mud to hear the clams speak.... When you hear the clams, you have reached the depths of your primordial ooze...... Only then can you really be free......
Seek the words of the clams Keith....... Seek and set your ooze free....

(And now I really need to go to sleep! Nytol! :D)

Canoeyawl
01-18-2014, 10:47 PM
And he kept talking, he kept talking, and his dad kept giving him speed and all of a sudden he was talking about his history, when he was a clam and all these different situations in early Earth. And out of that came History of Man (http://www.amazon.com/Scientology-History-L-Ron-Hubbard/dp/0884043061).

oznabrag
01-18-2014, 10:49 PM

You don't know what you're missing!

Keith Wilson
01-18-2014, 10:50 PM
That's true.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
01-18-2014, 11:01 PM
I had a bearded clam talk to me once.
She said "eat me".

purri
01-19-2014, 02:10 AM
^ Was that Mrs Robinson?

TomF
01-19-2014, 08:08 AM
It's crazy to be reasonable in unreasonable times.

L.W. Baxter
01-19-2014, 11:46 AM
We need a congressional inquiry into this, this...Clamgate!

Keith Wilson
01-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Death takes what man would keep, and leaves what man would lose. Blow, wind, and crack your cheeks. I warm my hands before the fire of life and get four-way relief. Excellent well, you're a fishmonger! You're my everything, you are my sunshine, you are old and gray and full of sleep, you're my pickle-faced, consumptive Mary Jane. Your name is a golden bell hung in my heart. I would break my body to pieces to call you once by your name.

Rumpelstiltskin! Gotcha! You don't get no medal.

One, two, three O'Lairy. Not, I'll not, carrion comfort, look down that long lonesome road. For, oh, what damned minutes tells he o'er who dotes, yet doubts. Hasten, Mirth, and bring with thee a host of furious fancies whereof I am commander, which will be on sale for three days only at bargain summer prices, feeding a little life with dried tubers. Oh, the horror, the horror; aroint thee, witch, aroint thee, indeed and truly you've chosen a bad place to be lame in, willow, willow, willow. For I am a cook and a captain bold and the mate of the Nancy brig.

Oh I must take the A train. The sweet and bitter fool will presently appear. Christ, that my love were in my arms, and I in my bed once again. Over the mountains of the moon, down the Valley of the Shadow, ride, boldly ride. And I will show you something different from either your shadow at morning striding behind you, or your shadow at evening rising to meet you; I will show you fear in a handful of dust. The nymphs are departed. Sweet Thames, run softly, till I end my song.

Jim Mahan
01-19-2014, 12:37 PM
"The guy's nuts! Grab 'm!"

TomF
01-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Crackers. Erudite crackers!

If you *take* the A Train, oh ulu-befuzzled one, where are ya gonna put it?

S.V. Airlie
01-19-2014, 03:00 PM
Never once, in all the incarnations, in all the cycles of samsara, in all the years of the turning world, east or west, fire or ice, late or soon, tinker to evers to chance, has a clam talked to me.One will stick it's neck out, never fear!

LongIslandBoy
01-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Lefty, do you SEE what you started?..... Are ya happy now?:d

Mrleft8
01-19-2014, 06:09 PM
"The guy's nuts! Grab 'm!"

You grab em.... I've seen him ass over tea kettle in my yard, I ain't grabbing his nuts!

Mrleft8
01-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Lefty, do you SEE what you started?..... Are ya happy now?:d

Yes. :d

Uncle Duke
01-19-2014, 06:18 PM
The silence of the clams...
What a great name for a band!
Famous hits:
"Strip The Beard"
"Shell Be Hard As Nuts"
and the renowoned:
"Foot's Loose"...

Mrleft8
01-19-2014, 06:20 PM
What a great name for a band!
Famous hits:
"Strip The Beard"
"Shell Be Hard As Nuts"
and the renowoned:
"Foot's Loose"...

Speaking of insane..... Howzit goin' Unka Duke? :D

LongIslandBoy
01-19-2014, 06:22 PM
HEY, UNK, we missed ya!

Uncle Duke
01-19-2014, 06:29 PM
How you guys (and gals?) doing? I haven't checked in for a while, I guess...
We're still upright and normal, whatever that means... no big issues, survived the holidays. Haven't taken any face-plants worthy of being noticed here, apparently unlike Keith?
Was that at the last WBS gathering - which we missed and which we hope to not miss this year?
Probably true, we miss all the embarassing stuff (like the mysterious [later solved] "slow scrape down the driveway after the party" 2 years ago...) <grin!>

Mrleft8
01-19-2014, 06:31 PM
How you guys (and gals?) doing? I haven't checked in for a while, I guess...
We're still upright and normal, whatever that means... no big issues, survived the holidays. Haven't taken any face-plants worthy of being noticed here, apparently unlike Keith?
Was that at the last WBS gathering - which we missed and which we hope to not miss this year?
Probably true, we miss all the embarassing stuff (like the mysterious [later solved] "slow scrape down the driveway after the party" 2 years ago...) <grin!>

No..... Actually, you were here for that, last..... uh..... 2012.....

Keith Wilson
01-19-2014, 06:36 PM
. . . apparently unlike Keith?Nah. He's making it up, or at least embellishing so much as to make the original incident unrecognizable. At Lefty's EBS in the summer of 2012, one of the steps down from the porch of his shop was rotten, and collapsed as I walked on it. I dropped about 18", fell over, bruised my leg. No face plant, no more brain damage than I had before, or than could be attributed to the beverages that night. I can come up with things like #20 with no excuse at all! :D

Hwyl
01-19-2014, 06:44 PM
I was a witness to Keith's descent, and his arising.

Uncle Duke
01-19-2014, 07:15 PM
No..... Actually, you were here for that, last..... uh..... 2012.....
Yeah - "2 years ago".... well, OK. Year and a half.
You must be referring to the "break Lefty's well built steps" incident? I'm so thankful that wasn't me, I suck at apologies.. <grin>

Nah. He's making it up, or at least embellishing so much as to make the original incident unrecognizable. At Lefty's EBS in the summer of 2012, one of the steps down from the porch of his shop was rotten, and collapsed as I walked on it. I dropped about 18", fell over, bruised my leg. No face plant, no more brain damage than I had before, or than could be attributed to the beverages that night. I can come up with things like #20 with no excuse at all! http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/smilies/icon10.png
Got it! Hey - I'm a geezer. I'm known for it.
I just didn't realize that anecdotes lasted that long - I'll be really, really careful next attendance to stay sober or at least pay off any witnesses!
[edited to add] I'll start saving money now....

Keith Wilson
01-19-2014, 07:19 PM
. . . the "break Lefty's well built steps" incident?:D That's it.

S/V Laura Ellen
01-19-2014, 07:37 PM
There is a very 'bent' side to Keith. In Keith's defense, I did form this opinion during a conversation at the S&P Oyster Company, in Mystic, during a dinner (after he landed on his head). They say that there is 'method in madness' or is it 'madness in method'. Keith shows the method side in most of his posts, but there is a madness bubbling away in there just under the surface. I think Keith uses charts and graphs as a crutch to hide the madness. A very interesting fellow.

Keith Wilson
01-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Nah, I use the madness as a crutch to hide the fact that I'm just a nerd. :D Or maybe it's all one.

(And FWIW, I didn't land on my head; I landed on my shinbone.)

Mrleft8
01-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Nah, I use the madness as a crutch to hide the fact that I'm just a nerd. :D Or maybe it's all one.

(And FWIW, I didn't land on my head; I landed on my shinbone.)

Same thing. We've already determined that you're crazy.

Mrleft8
01-19-2014, 09:28 PM
Nah. He's making it up, or at least embellishing so much as to make the original incident unrecognizable. At Lefty's EBS in the summer of 2012, one of the steps down from the porch of his shop was rotten, and collapsed as I walked on it. I dropped about 18", fell over, bruised my leg. No face plant, no more brain damage than I had before, or than could be attributed to the beverages that night. I can come up with things like #20 with no excuse at all! :D

Excuse me, but the step did just fine for 20 years until you stepped on it....

David G
01-19-2014, 11:48 PM
Yeah... and him such a dainty character! How did he manage to break some of Lefty's finest woodwork????

S/V Laura Ellen
01-20-2014, 12:08 AM
I'll be really, really careful next attendance to stay sober ....

Now there is a way to stand out and be recognized!

johnw
01-20-2014, 08:37 PM

http://www.dododreams.com/images/funnies/bc.jpg

Keith Wilson
01-20-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm kind of surprised that nobody has yet recognized the literary source of my ravings (well, most of them). You don't think I could make all that stuff up, do you?

Keith Wilson
01-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Only some of it. The rest of it is from a less exalted source, although it's actually quotes from other works tossed in the blender.

johnw
01-20-2014, 09:13 PM
Well, a bit came from here:

John Kinsella's Lament for Mrs Mary Moore.A bloody and a sudden end,
Gunshot or a noose,
For Death who takes what man would keep,
Leaves what man would lose,
He might have had my sister,
My cousins by the score,
But nothing satisfied the fool
But my dear Mary Moore,
None other knows what pleasures man
At table or in bed.
What shall I do for pretty girls
Now my old bawd is dead?

Though stiff to strike a bargain
Like an old Jew man,
Her bargain stuck we laughed and talked
And emptied many a can;
And O! but she had stories,
Though not for the priest's ear,
To keep the soul of man alive,
Banish age and care,
And being old she put a skin
On everything she said.
Now my old bawd is dead?

The priests have got a book that says
But for Adam's sin
Eden's Garden would be there
And I there within.
No expectation fails there,
No pleasing habit ends,
No man grows old, no girl grows cold,
But friends walk by friends.
Who quarrels over halfpennies
That plucks the trees for bread?
Now my old bawd is dead?

-- Yeats

Mrleft8
01-21-2014, 12:04 AM
And The rumor being circulated by Keith that it was his shin that took the brunt of the insult is pure horse pucky.
Just take a look at that flattened in, disfigured maw, and then gaze at the shining visage of the shin, and decide for yourselves where the damage was done.
We all know his cogna....... cogni....... his cog...... His brain stuff has been iffy lately..... But his legs look almost as good as Joe (CSOH)s..... So.....
Another point in case? Or another obfuscation?

skipper68
01-21-2014, 12:21 AM
He's looking good today!http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m622/cvan6856/Rats_in_Hats___Sailor_Leena_by_ange_zps9b8eaa17.jp g (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/cvan6856/media/Rats_in_Hats___Sailor_Leena_by_ange_zps9b8eaa17.jp g.html):D I think he told you to swab the deck, or cook something. I think.
Mr Lefty, you know how I hate that whole "Blackmail" thing.. SO...I will show myself out.
(Ever notice Carter is never seen as the culprit?)
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m622/cvan6856/533736_10152614545993475_1823681861_n_zps492df745. jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/cvan6856/media/533736_10152614545993475_1823681861_n_zps492df745. jpg.html) BAM

Mrleft8
01-21-2014, 12:23 AM
I am Bumbled in your presence Skippy....

skipper68
01-21-2014, 12:29 AM
I am Bumbled in your presence Skippy.... Awww....
Who is as cute as YOU?!
The WBF is speeded up. This gives me faster choices on not WHAT to do.
I DID.
Sorry. LU Bra!!! :D
Go look!. (Evil Giggle.)

Mrleft8
01-21-2014, 12:30 AM
LU Bra?....... "Like Undetectable"?

Mrleft8
01-21-2014, 12:31 AM
Where the hell do I look? All I see is a tiarra

skipper68
01-21-2014, 12:40 AM
Where the hell do I look? Somewhere you were."Where the hell do I look?" Look in my profile. You are Pretty. OTOH, this is FUNNY! :D http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m622/cvan6856/9RNNRJ0_zps3d87df57.gif

Keith Wilson
01-21-2014, 08:13 AM
Now the video of the cat with the squid, that's funny. :d

TomF
01-21-2014, 08:34 AM
I'm kind of surprised that nobody has yet recognized the literary source of my ravings (well, most of them). You don't think I could make all that stuff up, do you?Hey there! I did note that it was erudite crackers.

Mrleft8
01-21-2014, 08:37 AM
Now the video of the cat with the squid, that's funny. :d

That's freakin' hilarious! :D

Keith Wilson
01-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Oh, why not; I'll come clean - almost the whole thing was from Peter S. Beagle's The Last Unicorn (Quite a good book BTW; if any of you haven't read Beagle, you're in for a treat - some of his short stories are truly excellent.) The title character, while trying to figure out what happened to all the other unicorns, has a conversation with a butterfly - and butterflies, possibly because of limited mental capacity, only know snatches of songs and poetry and quotes that they've heard. I quoted what the butterfly said, plus a bit of T.S. Eliot. Someday when I have too much time on my hands, I may try to identify the source of the quotes. John already found one I hadn't known about; nice work!

TomF
01-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Clearly, I must read Beagle.

BTW, I just gulped down Tigana, by Guy Gavriel Kay. Very good fun, but not quite Under Heaven.

Keith Wilson
01-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Tigana was fun; exactly the kind of book for a long plane flight. Try River of Stars.

Hey, I have couple of extra copies of Peter Beagle's books of short stories I was going to put in the Little Free Library; PM me and I'll send them to you.

TomF
01-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Will do.

Tigana was interesting in that, unlike most books in the genre, it tried to do something more than just offer a ripping good story. Explored various types of moral ambiguity, of relationship, various tellings of the same history from the perspectives of attractive characters caught up on opposing sides of the primary conflict. That focus on character is far more compelling to read than many Sword&Sorcerer type fantasies, which are a lot more solely plot-driven (hence, can get rather repetitive).

Still, while I really enjoyed the read ... I found myself drawing unfavourable comparisons with Le Guin's work ... which is even more layered, while somehow fitting it into a much more compact narrative. It's not that Kay isn't good - he's marvellous. Just that Le Guin is more marvellous.

Cris Ross said something once about Miles Davis' Kind of Blue album. That even a non-jazz lover could listen to jazz like that all day ... except that there isn't any more of it.

Keith Wilson
01-21-2014, 10:42 AM
Oh, he's not in Ursula K. LeGuin's class. Almost no one is. But he's young yet, and getting better. Peter Beagle at his very best comes close - although he's quite different, a Jewish guy who grew up in Brooklyn, with much more of a sense of humor - but IMHO he doesn't quite reach the same exalted heights.

TomF
01-21-2014, 10:49 AM
Well then, I've got to get me some Beagle. Thanks!

Shang
01-21-2014, 10:51 AM
Have you made a mold yet? I'd like Wilson mask, or a reasonable facsimile...

Why would anyone want a moldy mask?

Mrleft8
01-21-2014, 01:26 PM
Why would anyone want a moldy mask?

Spores, man....... Gotta spread the spores....