PDA

View Full Version : Partial settlement in New Mexico drug search inside suspect case.

htom
01-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Previously -- from-the-huff (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?169695-from-the-huff)

Mr. Eckert was subjected to a number of (eventually) dangerous attempts to discover illegal drugs within his person. These all failed. Now there's a partial settlement.

settlement-reached-david-eckert-anal-probing-case-new-mexico-video# (http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/settlement-reached-david-eckert-anal-probing-case-new-mexico-video#)

The video is optional and doesn't auto-run. Briefly,

Eckert filed a lawsuit against the City of Deming, Hidalgo County, the doctors, Gila Regional Medical Center and a deputy district attorney who signed off on warrants.

In December, Hidalgo County and the City of Deming reached a settlement set at $1.6 million.

"The gratifying aspect of this case is the media attention that it has gotten and the opportunity for discussions in the law enforcement and medical communities about how to deal with these opportunities and what to do with requests from law enforcement about medical exams for people in custody," Eckert's attorney Joseph Kennedy told KOB 4.

Hidalgo County will pay $650,000 and the City of Deming will pay $950,000.

There is no resolution with the hospital, its employees or the assistant district attorney, yet.

The links have details of his mistreatment. Torture might be a better word for what was done to him.

jpb54
01-15-2014, 08:27 PM
First of all ,what was done was just plain wrong . But.... why would you submit to this without being physically restrained . I can't imagine allowing these things to be done to me without putting up one hell of a fight . A very violent fight .

htom
01-15-2014, 10:57 PM
First of all ,what was done was just plain wrong . But.... why would you submit to this without being physically restrained . I can't imagine allowing these things to be done to me without putting up one hell of a fight . A very violent fight .

And then the officers would shoot you.

purri
01-16-2014, 02:54 AM
^and in their defence then claimed to be aliens...

Phillip Allen
01-16-2014, 06:26 AM
And then the officers would shoot you.

people here don't seem to understand that... or, perhaps, acknowledge it

Phillip Allen
01-16-2014, 06:36 AM
I also believe that, until it bites, cops will continue... the 'pay-off' comes from tax payers... I prefer it come from the policeman's union and benovelent funds and their personal assets (as much as possible)... it must bite on a personal level

jpb54
01-16-2014, 10:21 PM
I am not sure how to respond to that . Not saying they wouldn't ,but it would cause an even bigger lawsuit by relatives .