PDA

View Full Version : the 'class' system

Phillip Allen
01-13-2014, 09:51 AM
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-shoves-gun-teens-face-mcdonalds-drive-thru-long/

seems cops are in a separate class than mere 'civilians'. Perhaps ‘we’ need to re visit any past complaint about this cop… (and any union BA who ever got him off the hook)

Ian McColgin
01-13-2014, 09:57 AM
The story as written tells even less than the video, which managed to be viral last spring when this happened. I did not find a follow-up story so I don't know if the arrest of the cop that's mentioned in the video story resulted in a conviction. That information would be news. Given that there at least was an arrest, it's hard to see this as an example of incipient police state or anything to do with class war.

slug
01-13-2014, 10:20 AM
The story as written tells even less than the video, which managed to be viral last spring when this happened. I did not find a follow-up story so I don't know if the arrest of the cop that's mentioned in the video story resulted in a conviction. That information would be news. Given that there at least was an arrest, it's hard to see this as an example of incipient police state or anything to do with class war.

Its an indication that America is a violent society.

When Everyone is heavily armed , the police who must bring order to this madhouse morph into comicbook gunslingers.

get rid of the guns in society...then reeducate the police

Phillip Allen
01-13-2014, 10:35 AM

"3 Weeks ago, Scott Biumi plead guilty to assault. According to Forsythe News, he was sentenced to 10 years on probation for pointing a gun at teenagers in the drive-through line at a south Forsyth McDonald’s.
Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-shoves-gun-teens-face-mcdonalds-drive-thru-long/#cHDrROi4VRWPouQO.99"

Ian failed to read the article it would seem... I consider him to be defending the abuse... the cop got off easy, again... no assault with intent, no terroristic threatening, no malfeasance, there must be other charges which mere civilians would NOT have escaped... different classes

Paul Pless
01-13-2014, 10:37 AM
the cop got off easy

he copped a plea

"3 Weeks ago, Scott Biumi plead guilty to assault. According to Forsythe News, he was sentenced to 10 years on probation for pointing a gun at teenagers in the drive-through line at a south Forsyth McDonald’s.
Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-shoves-gun-teens-face-mcdonalds-drive-thru-long/#cHDrROi4VRWPouQO.99"

Ian failed to read the article it would seem... I consider him to be defending the abuse... the cop got off easy, again... no assault with intent, no terroristic threatening, no malfeasance, there must be other charges which mere civilians would NOT have escaped... different classes

that article that you are pulling that quote from does not appear in your supplied link

I consider him to be defending the abuse...

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pefjr
01-13-2014, 10:47 AM
I felt like doing the same thing to a lady a few cars in front of me just the other day in a long line. She caused the line by ordering about 30 meals through the drive thru. Idiot, and should be eliminated from my world!!!!!!! If I only had a transporter, I could thin the population around here.

Tom Montgomery
01-13-2014, 01:04 PM

There was more to his sentence than 10 years of probation:

The negotiated plea, entered this week, includes special conditions of probation that Biumi must “take all medications as directed” and prohibits him from ever possessing a firearm or working in law enforcement.

Biumi, who lives in Forsyth County, must also complete 120 hours of community service within the first year of probation.
Imagine if for some reason Phillip similarly flipped out and as a result was arrested, charged, convicted, and prohibited from possessing a firearm for the rest of his life. I wonder if he would consider that as getting off easy?

pefjr
01-13-2014, 01:45 PM
There was more to his sentence than 10 years of probation:

The negotiated plea, entered this week, includes special conditions of probation that Biumi must “take all medications as directed” and prohibits him from ever possessing a firearm or working in law enforcement.

Biumi, who lives in Forsyth County, must also complete 120 hours of community service within the first year of probation. Monty

How does this put cops in a separate class, Phillip? Hmmm.... all over a hamburger....he musta been hungry.

Ian McColgin
01-13-2014, 05:19 PM
I am glad to see that new information came along regarding the officer's punishment. I am deeply disappointed that Phillip claims I am "defending the abuse". [#4] Since he puts it as "I consider" rather than adducing any evidence, I could reasonably figure that Phillip knows that he has no basis for the silly remark.

It's interesting that this officer has such a long history and no reported charges of this sort. Either the man has been very good at hiding it, or his mental health problems are somewhat more recent. If there is follow-up, perhaps we'll find out. Meanwhile, the level of punishment might be a little on the light side but it's not completely wrong. At least he's now an ex-cop and under some level of supervision.

S.V. Airlie
01-13-2014, 07:32 PM
I'm beginning to suspect that Phillip had applied to a police academy and was rejected. He's STILL pissed at all cops.

skuthorp
01-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Then tere's the other thrad…….
http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?172533-When-going-to-the-movies-make-sure-you-pack-some-heat
??

Phillip Allen
01-13-2014, 09:03 PM
here ya go Jamie... you can be proud of this guy

the created class of cops and ex cops who will not tolerate disrespect... http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014/01/13/22292711-retired-cop-guns-down-man-for-texting-at-florida-movie-sheriff?lite