PDA

View Full Version : It wasn't a problem in November

Soundbounder
01-11-2014, 06:49 AM
Draining Pool Ices Road, Causes Three Crashes

NORWALK — A in-ground pool being drained through a hose turned a road into a sheet of ice on Thursday morning, causing three separate accidents and sending one person to a hospital, police said.
As a result, an employee of a Darien pool company was arrested, according to a news release from Lt. Paul Resnick, public information officer for the Norwalk police.

The company sent the worker to service a pool on Westview Lane at about 9 a.m., and to drain it he ran a hose from the pool out to Flax Hill Road, just uphill from an "S" turn in the road, Resnick said. The water ran down about a quarter of a mile of Flax Hill, creating a sheet of ice, before pooling at Primrose Court, he said.
According to Resnick, the first accident involved a Subaru Legacy that spun out while driving downhill on Flax Hill, turning 180 degrees before hitting a guardrail. A Jeep Liberty then spun out while braking for cars ahead, and was hit from behind by a Subaru Forester, causing the Liberty to spin again. The third accident involved a Nissan Rogue that hit the Liberty, then collided with a town public works truck that had responded to the scene to put down salt.
The Rogue's driver, a 54-year-old Norwalk woman, was taken to Norwalk Hospital for treatment of injuries, but was later released, Resnick said.
The road was so slick that responding police officers had trouble getting close to the accident scene, he said.

http://articles.courant.com/2014-01-09/news/hc-norwalk-pool-ice-crash-0110-20140109_1_resnick-norwalk-police-darien

Garret
01-11-2014, 08:20 AM
Wow. Talk about not being the sharpest tool in the shed!

Bet the company is gonna take a serious hit on their insurance!

Breakaway
01-11-2014, 08:55 AM
Idjits with pools around here often get caught draining that chlorinated water into the bay.

Kevin

elf
01-11-2014, 09:20 AM
Just doing what they told me to. If they'd thought I shouldn't drain the pool the way we always do they shoulda told me.

Vince Brennan
01-11-2014, 10:00 AM
¡No Hablamos Ingles!

varadero
01-11-2014, 12:11 PM
¡No Hablamos Ingles!

Racista!!

Old Dryfoot
01-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Odd, can't say I've never noticed an in ground pool that didn't have a drain include during construction.