PDA

View Full Version : Bareboat charter insurance? HELP!!

dknappjr@gmail.com
01-21-2006, 08:09 PM
I know wooden boat insurance is a frequently re-visited topic. However, I am more specifically trying to find coverage for a wooden boat in bareboat charter. I've had great response from places like Heritage Marine, but when I say "bareboat" the conversation stops. So, if anyone has any information on a place which will cover wooden boats in a bareboat charter fleet, PLEASE send it my way. I'll be in your debt. Thanks.

-Dave K.
Bellingham, WA

dknappjr@gmail.com
I know wooden boat insurance is a frequently re-visited topic. However, I am more specifically trying to find coverage for a wooden boat in bareboat charter. I've had great response from places like Heritage Marine, but when I say "bareboat" the conversation stops. So, if anyone has any information on a place which will cover wooden boats in a bareboat charter fleet, PLEASE send it my way. I'll be in your debt. Thanks.

-Dave K.
Bellingham, WA

dknappjr@gmail.com

-Dave K.
Bellingham, WA

cmorse
01-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Check with Anchor Marine in Seattle. They are insurance brokers and I know someone who is insured through them for wooden boat bareboat charters. I am at work so I don't have their phone number/address, other than knowing they are on Westlake Ave. While I am not engaged in bareboat chartering, they went to bat for me with INAMAR when I brought Lean-To to Seward last year. INAMAR wanted me to stop in Ketchikan and put this planked 34 foot converted troller on a barge and barge it to Seward from that point forward. Long story, short, they were great advocates to get me insured through the rest of the Inside Passage and across the Gulf of Alaska. (Rather humorous- the insurers wanted us to stop when it got dark while we were crossing the Gulf. Well, in early July, it never really gets dark, even when it is cloudy and raining. And in a non-stop trip from Yakutat to Seward, where am I going to stop??? It was a 43 hour crossing, by the way.) Anyhow, hope this helps. The Anchor Marine folks were very helpful and were willing to find another provider if INAMAR didn't come through.

cmorse
Check with Anchor Marine in Seattle. They are insurance brokers and I know someone who is insured through them for wooden boat bareboat charters. I am at work so I don't have their phone number/address, other than knowing they are on Westlake Ave. While I am not engaged in bareboat chartering, they went to bat for me with INAMAR when I brought Lean-To to Seward last year. INAMAR wanted me to stop in Ketchikan and put this planked 34 foot converted troller on a barge and barge it to Seward from that point forward. Long story, short, they were great advocates to get me insured through the rest of the Inside Passage and across the Gulf of Alaska. (Rather humorous- the insurers wanted us to stop when it got dark while we were crossing the Gulf. Well, in early July, it never really gets dark, even when it is cloudy and raining. And in a non-stop trip from Yakutat to Seward, where am I going to stop??? It was a 43 hour crossing, by the way.) Anyhow, hope this helps. The Anchor Marine folks were very helpful and were willing to find another provider if INAMAR didn't come through.

cmorse