PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual BROTM of THE YEAR ... Winner gets an Alaskan Ulu knife from me.

Spin_Drift
12-29-2013, 04:06 AM
All the BROTMs of 2013 were good. I have decided to run a poll for the BROTM OF THE YEAR. The winner will receive a beautiful, functional, Alaskan Ulu knife. These knives have been used by the Alaska Natives for over 4000 years. They have been used from skinning a seal to cutting pizza.

I plan to make this an annual event and hope that the prize at the end of the year will serve as an incentive to all future BROTMs to make it fun and lighthearted.

I will post a poll on this thread. Have fun :).

Elf
Skipper68
Bernadette
Hwyl
Bob Adams
Bobby of Tulsa
Keith Wilson
Chris Ross
Oznabrag
Syed

(I am not in the running. I already have an Alaskan Ulu. LOL.)

Bob Adams
12-29-2013, 07:19 AM
I am going to campaign in the same, wholesome, time tested fashion that brought victory in my BROTM win.....

FREE DRINKS IN THE PUB!!!!!!

Bob Adams
12-29-2013, 03:13 PM
Hwyl has none? Seems to me he was the rat who set the bar for my reign and those who followed me.

Yeadon
12-29-2013, 04:25 PM
The Bilge, where you gotta beat the worst to be the best.

bogdog
12-29-2013, 04:28 PM
So do ya have to be some sort of Pub person to get this thing?

Old Dryfoot
12-29-2013, 07:15 PM
Get your vote in before the poll closes. Support your favorite rat!

Full Tilt
12-29-2013, 07:41 PM
I see voter apathy at the voting booth!

I'll vote if I'm allowed to deliver the 'gift'.

Hwyl
12-29-2013, 07:45 PM
Vote for me, I will defend the underdog, and kiss Fred Z's grandchild.

Spin_Drift
12-30-2013, 03:54 AM
Come on Gentlemen. Lets vote, play the game and have fun.

The lack of interest and interaction on this thread is disappointing.

skipper68
12-30-2013, 06:23 AM
Come on folks- get voting!
I had 2 months- and that was MORE than enough.
I'm liking the results so far.
As for giving a knife to a Bilge Rat... Lets hope it goes to someone who is reasonable. ;)

Bob Adams
12-30-2013, 08:07 AM
So do ya have to be some sort of Pub person to get this thing?

Absolutely not....but if ya want some Grog on me, stop on in!

isla
12-30-2013, 08:12 AM

I did, 'cos you are the underdog.

Bob Adams
12-30-2013, 08:14 AM

I am amazed at your lack of votes. You were the Rat that raised the bar for all who followed!

Full Tilt
12-30-2013, 08:15 AM
It's too bad there's only one knife.

I don't know who deserves it more.

:)

Bobby of Tulsa
12-30-2013, 08:22 AM
I am amazed at your lack of votes. You were the Rat that raised the bar for all who followed! I think it might have been that Prolly thing.:):)

oznabrag
12-30-2013, 09:18 AM
It's too bad there's only one knife.

I don't know who deserves it more.

:)
Wow.

I have been banned for less.

Bob Adams
12-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Wow.

I have been banned for less.

Teflon Tilty.:p

Keith Wilson
12-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Free drinks in the pub! HAH! A penurious wretch, a paucity of imagination, wizened desiccated anorexic dreams that crawl around on the floor and burrow among the dust-bunnies and cracker crumbs under the bed rather than soaring in glory among the stars as we ought! If I am elected, our beloved bilge will be exalted far beyond the pale vague blurry mud-smeared imaginings of mortal men! It will shine brighter than a thousand suns. Celestial music of overwhelming loveliness sung by choirs of angels of radiant intoxicating beauty who all look like Scarlett Johansson and played on pipas, zithers, krumhorns, balafons, djembes, nathaswarams, charangos, mridangams, psalteries, and Fender Stratocasters will rise to all nine heavens, enchanting even the gods. The brilliance of our intellectual discourse, the profundity of our thinking, the pellucid clarity of truth, the shining eloquent spare incisive words of the finest prose will cause the wisest sages of all nations and times to gape in wonder and stupefaction. The demons of ten thousand hells, all the depths of the netherworlds, will cower in gibbering terror and flee from even the faintest rumor of the Bilge. Nobody will get fat. The pondichongros and sripundilates will fan us gently with their wings, and orthochandails and dai-jis will dance for us on the emerald-green lawns in the long twilight, by flowers cloned from DNA found in the ruins of Atlantis with a heartbreaking scent of lost innocence and childhood, under the shining river of stars. And then come the clams.

Also, free beer.

Garret
12-30-2013, 11:11 AM
I want some of whatever Keith's on!

Full Tilt
12-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Free drinks in the pub! HAH! A penurious wretch, a paucity of imagination, wizened desiccated anorexic dreams that crawl around on the floor and burrow among the dust-bunnies and cracker crumbs under the bed rather than soaring in glory among the stars as we ought! If I am elected, our beloved bilge will be exalted far beyond the pale vague blurry mud-smeared imaginings of mortal men! It will shine brighter than a thousand suns. Celestial music of overwhelming loveliness sung by choirs of angels of radiant intoxicating beauty who all look like Scarlett Johansson and played on pipas, zithers, krumhorns, balafons, djembes, nathaswarams, charangos, mridangams, psalteries, and Fender Stratocasters will rise to all nine heavens, enchanting even the gods. The brilliance of our intellectual discourse, the profundity of our thinking, the pellucid clarity of truth, the shining eloquent spare incisive words of the finest prose will cause the wisest sages of all nations and times to gape in wonder and stupefaction. The demons of ten thousand hells, all the depths of the netherworlds, will cower in gibbering terror and flee from even faintest rumor of the Bilge. Nobody will get fat. The pondichongros and sripundilates will fan us gently with their wings, and orthochandails and daijis will dance for us on the emerald-green lawns in the long twilight, by flowers cloned from DNA found in the ruins of Atlantis with a heartbreaking scent of lost innocence and childhood, under the shining river of stars. And then come the clams.

Also, free beer.

Very pretty, but Skipper68 did two ​terms!

Breakaway
12-30-2013, 11:18 AM
Before I vote, I'd like to ask whether it has been established how the BROTMOY and the BROTM will work together? Have the rights, duties and responsibilities of each title been clearly delineated?

Kevin

Spin_Drift
12-30-2013, 11:59 AM
Before I vote, I'd like to ask whether it has been established how the BROTMOY and the BROTM will work together? Have the rights, duties and responsibilities of each title been clearly delineated?

Kevin

The BROTMOY will rest on his/her laurels and play with the Ulu.

January's BROTM will think of all kinds of clever ways to excel the 2013 BROTM's and to set the bar high for all the other 2014 BROTM's that will follow. This way s/he will place high on 2014 BROTMOY when the time comes for the end of the year vote and the prize!

SO LET'S VOTE HERE AND THEN GO NOMINATE some WORTHY RATS on the Janyary BROTM nomination thread.

Bob Adams
12-30-2013, 04:29 PM
I hang my head in shame....a dejected Rat.

Spin_Drift
12-30-2013, 04:35 PM
I hang my head in shame....a dejected Rat.

No reason for that. You're the finest-kind.

Keith Wilson
12-30-2013, 04:40 PM
No reason at all. The pondichongros and sripundilates I just made up. And the rest of it I was lying about. :d

Hwyl
12-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Would someone please vote for Bernie.

Bob Adams
12-30-2013, 04:48 PM

Really.

bobbys
12-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Being as Keith is a known commie I voted for Bernie mainly cause I'm hopping to get a way cool boomerang I can throw at the guy that walks his dawg in front of my house and refuses to pick up the dawg poo

Keith Wilson
12-30-2013, 05:02 PM
Comrades! All hail the the glorious leaders of the People's Revolution Marx and Lennon!

http://fc05.deviantart.net/images/large/indyart/political/All_Hail_Marx_and_Lennon.jpg

Bob Adams
12-30-2013, 06:38 PM
My heavens, I moved up! I bet Full Tilt voted for me. Yeah, that's what happened.:p

bobbys
12-30-2013, 08:24 PM
I will not serve under Keith's regime unless I get a cow or I rule over Glenn..

Keith Wilson
12-30-2013, 08:34 PM
A cow? My friend, you think too small! Under my regime you will not only have a cow, you will have seventeen glorious milk-white cows with horns wider than you can reach, silver-plated bells around their necks that play a haunting distant melody as they come home from the fields in the golden twilight, an imposing grey-and brown bull that is the pinnacle of masculine perfection, the envy of everyone who sees him, many fat rosy cheerful healthy calves, and all the milk you can drink! :d

Also free beer.

http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/lascaux/gallery/lascaux4b.jpg

skipper68
12-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Very pretty, but Skipper68 did two ​terms!
Ha ha!. it wasn't a vote- it was a jury of my peers sentencing me!!!

Why I was hoping someone reasonable will lead us into the next year.
And FREE BEER? that is WAY ALMOST gooder!
I would have tried Tequila, but- well that didn't work today. I obviously cant be trusted with anything under the sink!.
Then there is a cow thrown in!
I'm seeing a BIG WBF BBQ!!!! :D

Steve McMahon
12-30-2013, 09:30 PM
With apologies to others I felt compelled to vote for Keith because he is just so darned reasonable, logical, and well spoken that it must be all an act.

Old Dryfoot
12-30-2013, 09:46 PM
With apologies to others I felt compelled to vote for Keith because he is just so darned reasonable, logical, and well spoken that it must be all an act.

Also, free beer.

Steve McMahon
12-30-2013, 09:50 PM
There is the free beer..... And his name is Keith. Anybody named after a famous Nova Scotia beer has got to be king rat material. http://keiths.ca (http://keiths.ca/#/)

Mrleft8
12-31-2013, 07:08 AM
A cow? My friend, you think too small! Under my regime you will not only have a cow, you will have seventeen glorious milk-white cows with horns wider than you can reach, silver-plated bells around their necks that play a haunting distant melody as they come home from the fields in the golden twilight, an imposing grey-and brown bull that is the pinnacle of masculine perfection, the envy of everyone who sees him, many fat rosy cheerful healthy calves, and all the milk you can drink! :d

Also free beer.

http://www.bradshawfoundation.com/lascaux/gallery/lascaux4b.jpg
The world's first hamburger, waiting to happen.

bobbys
12-31-2013, 12:46 PM
I hated to bring this up but rumor has it Keith was born in kenya.....

TomF
12-31-2013, 01:16 PM
Since I voted for Gareth, I hope he gives free beer too. Or at least something Welshly alcoholic and unpronounceable.

Keith Wilson
12-31-2013, 01:36 PM
I hated to bring this up but rumor has it Keith was born in Kenya.....Dude, get it right! Cuba, not Kenya! (My parents actually were in Cuba in the early '50s, before I was born, and long before Castro, but that would never stop a halfway industrious propagandist. :D)

Bobby of Tulsa
01-01-2014, 02:46 PM
Well who ever wins this will owe Skipper an apology. No one ever was bilge rat for TWO months in a row. Long Live the Queen.

Bernadette
01-01-2014, 03:41 PM
gosh! this is so sweet and yet so pathetic all at once!!!
nice to know I'm revered enough for people to beg on my behalf.:D

well i was going to vote for myself then i thought it too low. perhaps a vote for keith (as i like the fellow, fine sort that he is)…would be kinder and earn me some good forumite karma (maybe even a "saved from banishment" credit for use on a rainy day).

an in depth statistical analysis of the results thus far has me chaining my game plan….keith is too far ahead for me to do that now.

im voting for myself…bugger the rest of you.

Bobby of Tulsa
01-01-2014, 07:02 PM
That was more a case of failing her parole interview. :D Man she ran this place like the best dive in town, whatchu mean?

Spin_Drift
01-02-2014, 12:07 AM
Keith is the BROTM of The Year of 2013.

PM your mailing address to me, please.

Thanks.

bobbys
01-02-2014, 01:32 AM
Keith is the BROTM of The Year of 2013.

PM your mailing address to me, please.

Thanks.
Mr. Wilson 563 primrose lane, Astoria oregon aptno 9

Spin_Drift
01-02-2014, 02:41 AM
Thank you. I got it.

Please REMOVE addresses from this thread ASAP, as otherwise they will forever be seen on the Internet. Probably not what Keith would want.

Thanks. I will wait for the complete address from Keith, to my PM's. :)

skipper68
01-02-2014, 05:55 AM
ALL HAIL THE BROTM of the YEAR!!!!! We're not worthy!
My your reign infest the Bilge with reasonable knowledge, free beer and a cow in every pot!!. :D
Congratulations Keith.Y>http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m622/cvan6856/funny-rat-mugic-compation_zpsa2d378b8.jpg (http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/cvan6856/media/funny-rat-mugic-compation_zpsa2d378b8.jpg.html)

Spin_Drift
01-07-2014, 11:30 PM

Also free beer.

Keith, your special Ulu knife was especially selected for the beauty of the grain in the wood, and the particular animal etched on the handle. I hope it will be pleasing to your eyes and fitting in the hands of the cook. Got it in the mail today. Should be there in few days. Let me know when it arrives.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa111/Spin_Drift/Misc/65DB2B53-7709-4F13-B4BF-11867D3A00CB-2798-000001C1B68386B5_zpsbbeb2652.jpg

You did a great job as the BROTM. Well worth the honor of becoming the first Rat of The Year.

I think we should have some guidelines for what makes a worthy candidate for BROTMOTY. In the future a Rat will NOT be nominated to run for the "award winning" BROTMOTY, just because s/he held the tittle for one month. S/he has to have contributed to making it fun for all. We have some good examples from the last year.

isla
01-08-2014, 04:28 AM
Congratulations Keith, well done. Don't go cutting yourself on that Ulu, nasty dangerous sharp things.

skipper68
01-08-2014, 06:16 AM
I am waiting for a pix. :)
I have never seen one before.
Again Keith, congratulations. Hope you have a fun year.
You can wear my Too Too I wore anytime.
:D

Garret
01-08-2014, 06:35 AM
Good choice & look at all the cool stamps Keith got too!