X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m0sey
    • Mar 2000

greenheart sheathing

hello all,
    does anyone know where i can find enough green heart wood to sheath an 88' schooner for an arctic trip? also if anyone has a ballpark figure for the cost it would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    m0sey
  • m0sey
    • Mar 2000

hello all,
    does anyone know where i can find enough green heart wood to sheath an 88' schooner for an arctic trip? also if anyone has a ballpark figure for the cost it would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    m0sey

Comment

• m0sey
      • Mar 2000

hello all,
      m0sey

Comment

• TomRobb
        • Feb 2000

Are you trying to avoid being crushed or having floating ice chew up the surface of your hull? I think I'd look at steel. It's cheap and when you're back you can recycle it.

[This message has been edited by TomRobb (edited 10-18-2000).]
        No individual rain-drop thinks it\'s responsible for the flood.

Comment

• TomRobb
          • Feb 2000

Are you trying to avoid being crushed or having floating ice chew up the surface of your hull? I think I'd look at steel. It's cheap and when you're back you can recycle it.

Comment

• TomRobb
            • Feb 2000

Comment

• m0sey
              • Mar 2000

i want to prent the damage from the ice chewing up the hull. when the vessel orignally went north she had the greenheart sheathing, and wintered over a couple of times. Since she is now a national historic landmark, we need to be historically accurate

Comment

• m0sey
                • Mar 2000

i want to prent the damage from the ice chewing up the hull. when the vessel orignally went north she had the greenheart sheathing, and wintered over a couple of times. Since she is now a national historic landmark, we need to be historically accurate

Comment

• m0sey
                  • Mar 2000

Comment

• Jim Moser
                    • Sep 1999

Call John Buchanan " woods Unlimited" 510-895-5266,near the Oakland airport.He had some green heart milled for truck decking (5/4 by 8 inch T&G)Mostly he stocks purple heart and apiting for the truck and trailer trade but also has large timbers and imports all kinds of different woods.Good Prices and very cool person.

Comment

• Jim Moser
                      • Sep 1999

Call John Buchanan " woods Unlimited" 510-895-5266,near the Oakland airport.He had some green heart milled for truck decking (5/4 by 8 inch T&G)Mostly he stocks purple heart and apiting for the truck and trailer trade but also has large timbers and imports all kinds of different woods.Good Prices and very cool person.

Comment

• Jim Moser
                        • Sep 1999

Comment

• Dale Harvey

Takeing any vessel into Artic waters is a crapshoot at best. I belive that takeing a historic vessel up there constitutes an irresponsible act.

Comment

• Dale Harvey

Takeing any vessel into Artic waters is a crapshoot at best. I belive that takeing a historic vessel up there constitutes an irresponsible act.

Comment

• Dale Harvey

Comment

Working...