PDA

View Full Version : How are them there eagles Mr. President?

S.V. Airlie
12-18-2013, 08:25 AM
President Obama is going to let wind farms off the hook. If the turbines kill any eagles in three years, the company responsible is off the hook for. Not sure about the est. 600,000 bats that are killed annually.

Rich Jones
12-18-2013, 09:04 AM
I'll trade a handful of birds for clean energy any day. How many birds have died from oil spills?

Mrleft8
12-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Any bird that flies into a wind turbine probably wouldn't improve the species much anyway..... Survival of the fittest, and all that stuff.....

Jim Bow
12-18-2013, 09:20 AM
Dead birds compared to removing entire mountains to get at coal.

Nicholas Scheuer
12-18-2013, 09:20 AM
Knock Obama and defend Sarah Palin; continually; strange.

LeeG
12-18-2013, 09:33 AM
Jamie, we did this topic already. people with guns kill more birds, cars, cats, windows and buildings, waste ponds.etc

Captain Intrepid
12-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Yep. You're a couple weeks late with this one.

Anyways, what about the person that dies with respiratory disease for every 67 gigawatt hours of electrify generated by coal in the USA?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2012/06/10/energys-deathprint-a-price-always-paid/

Mrleft8
12-18-2013, 09:49 AM
Obamas just doing what he can to minimize the risk of bird flu being spread by those diseased eagles....

Keith Wilson
12-18-2013, 10:10 AM
It's kind of amusing, in a really sick way, how the US right wing is now all bent out of shape about birds killed by wind turbines, yet for as long as I can remember has been utterly contemptuous of any argument against doing anything because it would harm wildlife, no matter how destructive.

Captain Intrepid
12-18-2013, 10:11 AM
The problem is, people don't like wind turbines, because they aren't confined to the dirty, smelly, poor, industrial areas.

Osborne Russell
12-18-2013, 11:33 AM
It's kind of amusing, in a really sick way, how the US right wing is now all bent out of shape about birds killed by wind turbines, yet for as long as I can remember has been utterly contemptuous of any argument against doing anything because it would harm wildlife, no matter how destructive.

Hypocrisy is a traditional value, it seems.

Glen Beck leading a civil rights march to honor Martin Luther King the Republican.

S.V. Airlie
12-18-2013, 11:56 AM
Maybe you should get rid of all your electric can openers, electric drills, electric tooth brushes, your electric socks, your electric toys instead. Decrease electricity usage that way. Try doing without your toys which only make your life easier.If you're cold, put a coat on, not turn up the heat.

TomF
12-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Maybe you should get rid of all your electric can openers, electric drills, electric tooth brushes, your electric socks, your electric toys instead. Decrease electricity usage that way. Try doing without your toys which only make your life easier.Mostly done that, Jamie. I still have an electric drill, but mostly use an old eggbeater type. None of the other things you mention.

'Course, if you'd have said "computer," well, now we're talkin'.

BrianW
12-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Actually, when I brought the topic up, my point was more about the bypassing of environmental impact studies than the killing of eagles. This conservative likes wind power and finds the turbines fascinating.

Osborne Russell
12-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Maybe you should get rid of all your electric can openers, electric drills, electric tooth brushes, your electric socks, your electric toys instead. Decrease electricity usage that way. Try doing without your toys which only make your life easier.If you're cold, put a coat on, not turn up the heat.

Why should I? Reduce the population. Decrease electricity usage that way.

bogdog
12-18-2013, 12:22 PM
I'd put up with the windmills if we controlled the cats, I'm doing my part I trap about three a week, don't know why the incinerator that gets them doesn't generate power too.

Flying Orca
12-18-2013, 12:25 PM

But, but, these are eagles, not some dumb spotted owl! Why do you hate a Murrica?

Gerarddm
12-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Sell your schooner yet? Now there is a REAL topic.