PDA

View Full Version : WB #236 PDF version pictures now perfect in Goodreader on iPad

bnaboatbuilder
12-11-2013, 06:49 PM
I read WB as PDFs on my iPad via Goodreader app for some time now. It's how I read a lot of publications (other than through Zinio and Next Issue).

I have the entire WB thumb drive of PDFs and none have shown perfectly on the iPad. Images would show dark, over contrast, some would be scrambled like tv snow in color.

But the first thing I noticed after downloading #236 and putting it on my iPad is that the colors are perfect, images are properly displayed and no images I can find are scrambled. Some really pretty boats in this issue. Love the Fenwick Williams cat. There's a cat I always drool over in Nantucket when visiting.

As a pro photographer of 15 years, I know a few things about photos, publishing, Quark Xpress, Indesign and converting to PDF. Whatever change has been made in converting the magazine to PDF has worked beautifully this time. Thanks!

Tom Jackson
12-12-2013, 08:41 AM
That's great to hear! Thanks for posting.

Scot
12-12-2013, 08:52 AM
The cure for scrambled pages on an iPad with older past issues of WB: view in the free Acrobat Reader App. Same thing can happen on a lappytop: Preview can scramble, but viewing in Acrobat Reader doesn't scramble.

-Scot

bnaboatbuilder
12-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Scot,

Thanks for the suggestion on Acrobat Reader app. Just installed the app and it works great with the previous WB PDFs. I wish the display problem could be solved in Goodreader, but oh well. Acceptable workaround. Thanks.

I had an original iPad and recently upgraded to the iPad Air. The magazines look absolutely beautiful on these high res screens.