PDA

View Full Version : cellphone info

jonboy
11-24-2013, 09:03 AM
just changed server and had to get a new basic phone.... reception is very poor, never was much cop in a house with 3ft thick stone walls, so always had to go and stand outside to talk anyway..... but actually seems a bit worse now.
Is there any way to rig an antenna, aerial, whatever, or boost the signal like you can get tv amplifiers and router amplifiers...
I can see the nearest mast, maybe 3 kms away and weather or other variables don't seem an issue...

The cellphone server say no, but ...just maybe....????

Captain Intrepid
11-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Never used one so I can't give you specific advice, but google "cell phone booster" and you'll find a number of units. A starting point if nothing else.

Shang
11-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Yes, cell phone signal-boosters do exist, and yes, they work in your home.
I bought one for our place because I got tired of walking out onto the deck in the rain to conduct a conversation.
Google "cell phone booster," there are lots of them on the market.
Note that they are relatively expensive--ours was in the $150+ price range (sorry I can't provide the brand name of ours, but I'm not there right now).

jonboy
11-24-2013, 12:32 PM
thanx guys i've been checking 'em out always thought there must be somesuch gizmo....

so why does the server deny all knowledge of such a thing....?.maybe they don't make or sell them, but at the end of the day if I am making more calls because I can, with this bit of kit, they are going to be better off , ? no ? can't get my head round the mentality of some of these corporations