PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on the West Coast?

Ariane
12-14-2001, 08:43 PM
If so, please help me spread the word in So. Calif and up in Seattle, Puget Sound, etc. If there are any classic wood sailboat owners that want to have a little fun this Spring/Summer and need to stretch their keel (as in legs) with a cruise, we'd be very welcoming in San Francisco Bay for them to participate in our annual Master Mariners Regatta on May 25 and Wooden Boat Show on June 23. In fact we'd try to arrange free berthing during their stay between the two events. I'm going to start emailing yacht clubs in those areas, but please help spread the word. Membership fee is waived for boats coming from over 200 miles away. And we have a great time the entire Memorial weekend.
THANKS!
www.mastermariners.org (http://www.mastermariners.org)

RGM
12-16-2001, 05:40 PM
I'll spread the word around up here, Puget Sound, Lake Union, etc. I don't think that many of the boats could make it. Most or all are heavily involved/dependent on charters/enviro education/sailing lessons for their survival and I doubt that they can break away from it at that time of the season. However, I will personally attempt to contact the following vessels: ZODIAC, AVENTURESS, MARTHA, RED JACKET, GLORY OF THE SEAS, ALCYONE, CIRCE and any others that may be interested. I'll let you know how it goes.

[This message has been edited by RGM (edited 12-16-2001).]

Nicholas Carey
12-17-2001, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by RGM:
However, I will personally attempt to contact the following vessels: ZODIAC, AVENTURESS, MARTHA, RED JACKET, GLORY OF THE SEAS, ALCYONE, CIRCE and any others that may be interested. I'll let you know how it goes.

ALCYONE is out of the office, so to speak. As of last spring she was in Antigua during the classics Race Week last spring, heading for Ireland/Europe. Not sure where she is now.

Gary Bergman
12-24-2001, 10:26 AM
Arianne, On a slightly different note, did you sail in marconi 1 in the Jessica Cup? We are still very curious as to why we were the only boat to sail course J as flown on the St. Francis halyard. Gary

Ariane
12-24-2001, 01:12 PM
Gary, I don't know the flag letter for the course as someone else in my crew handled that. I'll have to ask Peter English. I didn't see your boat, but later someone said they saw you start with the gaffs so possibly you saw their course flag rather than the marconis. We can discuss in Richmond next week.

Gary Bergman
12-24-2001, 05:39 PM
Yeah whatever. It looked to us like everyone in marconi 2 followed marconi 1. Dunno if it matters much in the scheme of wood boats. Richmond will do, although it sure seems a millionb years off as this blizzard progresses. strong winds and frozen seas....