PDA

View Full Version : Media Map

Breakaway
11-18-2013, 03:49 PM
This map shows the most popular web media outlets by US State. You can select magazine, newspaper and more. I found it interesting.

https://bitly.com/a/media_map

Kevin

Soundbounder
11-18-2013, 04:17 PM
Unless I am reading this wrong, I have a hard time believing the Guardian is the most popular web media newspaper site in New York (and six other states)

Breakaway
11-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Unless I am reading this wrong, I have a hard time believing the Guardian is the most popular web media newspaper site in New York (and six other states)

Well its the most popular..

A) at the moment you are viewing the map, because its live data

B) ..content being viewed that used bitly as a shortlink. ( Bitly is one of the most popular, if not the most commonly used service that creators use to make shortlinks for web content.

Kevin

David W Pratt
11-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Interestingly, The Providence Journal, our state daily, does not make the list for RI. Makes me suspicious

MiddleAgesMan
11-20-2013, 09:31 AM

The Guardian is free--no pay wall. I have a feeling that plays a big role in popularity; it's the most popular in several states including Texas.