PDA

View Full Version : OW! Goddammit &%#@&**!!!

Figment
11-14-2013, 10:30 AM
I have this nagging heel spur inflamed Achilles thing going on for months now. For the most part it's ok. Mildly aggravated by running or jumping excessively, but mostly ok, UNLESS I WHACK IT WITH SOMETHING.

Lately, with increasing regularity, that something has been the wheeled-leg of my desk chair. I sit down, the chair scoots forward right into my heel.

SUMBEEEECH! now it's going to bug me for the rest of the day.

Mrleft8
11-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Pencil pusher's get worker's comp too, don't they?

bogdog
11-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Use an arrow to remove the spur or use stretching exercises, ice, and anti-inflammatories.

Canoez
11-14-2013, 10:44 AM
*WHEW!* I thought you tried to catch a falling X-Acto knife.

Paul Pless
11-14-2013, 11:05 AM
your desk chair wheel?

dude, htfu. . .

Figment
11-14-2013, 11:25 AM
:) it's a sweet herman miller aeron in big-guy size. I wore out the old wheels and replaced them about a month ago. The new wheels are sooooo nice and smooth.

Mrleft8
11-14-2013, 12:03 PM
X-acto knife juggling........... :D
Learned that trick back when my father's office was still on Whitney Ave..... :D
Best Test rubber cement makes excellent faux boogers too...... :D

David G
11-14-2013, 12:30 PM
With a tender Achilles tendon... all you have to do is breath on it for it to zing ya. I wrenched mine skiing... and even in my 30's it took a damnably long time to heal.

bogdog
11-14-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm fairly well heeled myself...'cept for the plantar fasciitis.

Chris Coose
11-14-2013, 01:31 PM
Driving home Saturday night after a day of putting the Gut house and boat to bed for winter, I got attacked by the osteoarthritic joint in my left thumb.

Fingers went numb and tingly, swole up quickly, wicked pain. This joint has been kind of dormant, but winkin at me pretty regularly for the past month or so.
I had successful reconstructive surgery on the right thumb this past January.
Since Monday I have been scurrying around to get in for surgery by the end of the year to take advantage of the paid up deductable.
Got a splint for it today.

3 months no use, post surgery.

Ageing is a challenge but for the most part I like working with what I DO got.

John Smith
11-14-2013, 01:45 PM
I feel for you. If I forget to be careful, I'll twist a toe, and it hurts like hell. I don't know if your injury acts the same, but the toe's natural response is to swell, which put more pressure on what causes the pain in the first place.