Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jefferson
    • Oct 2013

Smoke em if ya got em!

So, any cigar smokers in this joint? I'm burning a Party D-4 and swilling a glass of Evan Williams. Certainly not top drawer, but it worked as I watched St Louis detonate Indy.

And you?

Rick
  • Lew Barrett
    Landlocked
    • Dec 2005

Re: Smoke em if ya got em!

I was rather famously a cigar smoker and still would be if I wasn't ordered off of them. I still have a nice collection of smokes sourced from the same place your D4 comes from. I keep them carefully but alas, they are no longer subject to my personal combustion.

I'm partial to Punch Punch(es) if they're good, RA Special Selected, D4s are always good, certain Trinidads, the Sieglos in certain sizes and in more available smokes, products from Illusione, certain Davidoffs, and would never turn down a good Pepin (My Fathers are good, there are others) or a 1964. In products from the unholy land, I generally like nothing larger than a corona gorda, with an exception for robusto sizes.

There is a lot of great product on the market from all over. I no longer can keep up with all the new releases.
    By the way, I own a commercial building with tenants that include a high end cigar shop and a private men's smoking club!
    Last edited by Lew Barrett; 11-10-2013, 03:53 PM.
    One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Comment

• Jefferson
      • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Lew Barrett
      I was rather famously a cigar smoker and still would be if I wasn't ordered off of them. I still have a nice collection of smokes sourced from the same place your D4 comes from. I keep them carefully but alas, they are no longer subject to my personal combustion.
      Thats a shame, Lou, but it is what it is. Did you procure yours from Canada? I shop in Switzerland and Australia.

These days I'm really enjoying the Monte Cristo, Edmundo's and the Hoyo, Epicure #2's.

Rick

Comment

• Lew Barrett
        Landlocked
        • Dec 2005

Should we say so openly? I don't engage anymore so what's the harm?
        The Canary Islands were once a good spot to get them. Spain is the biggest consumer and has the best prices and selection in the world, better than the Island some say. Amsterdam is well equipped too. Switzerland, "Pere et Fils", was a great source but got too expensive. When in London, it's worth hitting some of the shops. The quality of English product is usually superb. I got them from all over, I guess. Buying in Canada is just too expensive, but when in certain towns, I'd stop in and buy one for local consumption.

When I hit eighty, I'll celebrate with a nice Sieglo VI. They should be incredible by then, maybe even legal!
        One of the most enduring qualities of an old wooden boat is the smell it imparts to your clothing.

Comment

• bogdog
          • Aug 2012

I love smoked bluefish, eel, salmon, chub, whitefish, herring... Annie Oakley knew what to do with cigars.

Comment

• Paul Pless
            pinko commie tree hugger
            • Oct 2003

Oliva V and two fingers of Ron Zacapa by the fire last night.

Punches and Fuentes in the box. . .
            Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• TomF
              Recalcitrant Heretic
              • Jun 2003

For me, cigars were never the thing. Never liked the smell enough, and the nicotine hit was like a baseball bat.

A pipe, now. I'll start smoking a pipe again in a few years - smoke like perfume, something to fiddle with. Enormous variety in tobacco. Only thing I didn't like was the taste the next day.

When something else will kill me first, i'm gonna pick up the pipe again.
              If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• Jim Bow
                Normcore
                • Jul 2008

This time next weekend I'll be in Key West. I love this place: http://www.rodriguezcigarskeywest.com/
                It's currently run by the grandson of the founder.

When not in Key West I enjoy and occasional Fuente Short Story.
                “Come, come, my conservative friend, wipe the dew off your spectacles and see the world is moving" - Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Comment

• ccmanuals
                  Son of a Guineaman
                  • Dec 2001

Fuente but when in Tampa I always stop in Ybor City to get a fresh hand rolled.
                  Tom

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis"

Comment

Working...