PDA

View Full Version : Lazy frikken teenagers.....sheesh

Steve McMahon
10-31-2013, 10:07 PM
What's wrong with kids today? 5 years ago we'd have 10 or 15 calls by midnight: tire fires under overpasses, bales of hay on fire in the road, dumpsters on fire, sometimes if we were lucky a junked car on fire. The last few years nothing! How the heck are we supposed to stay in practice? Are kids that lazy now that they can't go out and have some good clean fun on Halloween?

Full Tilt
10-31-2013, 10:18 PM
Yes. Two friends are Prof's. They tell me it's chronic.

David G
10-31-2013, 10:21 PM
We never set anything on fire... but we did make up water balloons full of fake blood several years. Then there was the time we stuffed a dummy with straw and dropped him in front of passing cars... THAT was exciting! But starting fires? Nope... not in our town. Guess WE were just lazy!

Full Tilt
10-31-2013, 10:25 PM
What about those paper bags of dog poop?

Ian McColgin
10-31-2013, 10:31 PM
My favorite Halloween prank was on a local protestant and very religious secondary school. It seems in the early fall some kids were getting into board divination, to the point where the chaplain gathered up the paraphenalia and burned it all quite ceremoneously.

So on Halloween I got out my trusty gas can and spelled OUIJA in very large letters on the main lawn. And then the match. Very few things are as amusing as seriously disturbed evangelicals.

oznabrag
10-31-2013, 10:38 PM
My favorite Halloween prank was on a local protestant and very religious secondary school. It seems in the early fall some kids were getting into board divination, to the point where the chaplain gathered up the paraphenalia and burned it all quite ceremoneously.

So on Halloween I got out my trusty gas can and spelled OUIJA in very large letters on the main lawn. And then the match. Very few things are as amusing as seriously disturbed evangelicals.

Well that is funny, Ian, but I am not quite certain that I have ever met an evangelical who was not seriously disturbed! :p

Steve McMahon
10-31-2013, 10:39 PM
Just to be clear - I'm not talking about fires that endanger anyone or anything. Just your run of the mill Halloween fires on a dirt road or in a field. Nothing close to buildings or vehicles.

wizbang 13
10-31-2013, 10:56 PM
I wanted to , but did not , put a big sign about "best candy! full size bars! "with an arrow , pointing to my bad neighbor house,( the Jehovah Witness), who's house is all dark and quiet tonight.

Waddie
11-01-2013, 02:10 AM
Back about ten years ago when my oldest son was a police officer he rounded up some young teens who had been setting off some fireworks on Halloween near an old shed on an abandoned property. He wanted to just take the kids home and tell their parents but his patrol sergeant insisted they be taken downtown to juvi and charged with (I think he called it) "igniting explosive ordnance" or something like that. My son saw no reason to put paper (official criminal record) on these boys so he went ahead and took them home (a block away). His sergeant really chewed him out, but my son said, "Oh, well". My point is, the police take these things (like setting stuff on fire) pretty seriously these days, and it's not too hard for a mischievous young person to get a record.

regards,
Waddie

S.V. Airlie
11-01-2013, 08:09 AM
I have an 18 page letter (pamphlet) from a minister to his diocess complaning that the kids are lazy, don't work, are fuffians,neardoells, useless to society, are rude, (long list over 18 pages). I read it with great interest and thought that it had been written recently as I emphasized with the minister. I felt the same way about our "modern" kids! However, the date on the last page, threw me in a loop; Feb.27,1691! Not much has changed! The world hasn't ended, kids grow up maybe but, many do.

Paul Pless
11-01-2013, 08:20 AM
we that live near detroit actually prefer the new lazy

Mrleft8
11-01-2013, 08:22 AM
There's an APP for that.

Michael D. Storey
11-01-2013, 08:25 AM
1960: No such a thing as 'personal storage lockers' Today: over 2 billion square feet devoted to 'personal storage lockers'. Must mean something.
BTW: In 15 years, NOT ONE kid at the door.

S.V. Airlie
11-01-2013, 08:50 AM
No kids came last night! It was raining! Heaven forbid!!

Paul Pless
11-01-2013, 08:54 AM
1960: No such a thing as 'personal storage lockers' Today: over 2 billion square feet devoted to 'personal storage lockers'. Must mean something.
BTW: In 15 years, NOT ONE kid at the door.

same here. of course my home in alabama had more than fifty rottweilers, and my home in hell has the driveway from hell

Gerarddm
11-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Had a decent Halloween turnout. The young kids were cute, and polite. Had my share of high schoolers still making the run, pretty amusing.

Bobby of Tulsa
11-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Well at least no one moved the outhouse this year.:):)

CWSmith
11-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Had a decent Halloween turnout. The young kids were cute, and polite. Had my share of high schoolers still making the run, pretty amusing.

We had 80 kids and most were GREAT. Just a few were obnoxious. I don't know where they get it. Three little girls came back for seconds. Hard not to laugh. They even admitted it.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
11-01-2013, 03:25 PM
There is nothing new under the sun.

What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?

Jim Bow
11-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Any old time Vashon Islanders here?
There used to be the Vashon Island Transit Company. Old beater bus would take a load of passengers onto the ferry in the morning and drop them off in down town Seattle. Then he would pick up a load of bread and milk for the island grocers.

Return trip in the afternoon.

Every Halloween, he'd hide the bus, and the high schoolers would find it and paint it orange.

Osborne Russell
11-01-2013, 03:52 PM
We stole a jack o' lantern and put it in the middle of the street with four M-80's in it. Made a kind of pastel orange mandala from curb to curb.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
11-02-2013, 06:08 PM
We have a tradition in my town.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS50vCjyXDFPG_dQOqywhyXNMAksNI89 yUYSbem8bKhvilLQAKAfw

Osborne Russell
11-05-2013, 10:04 AM
I like it. Channels the destructive urge.

Ted Hoppe
11-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Deleted the post. I would hate other think of me so poorly.;)