PDA

View Full Version : Would whichever one of you punks do your job, please, before Lefty bursts a vessel?

oznabrag
10-31-2013, 06:30 PM
Well?

I am reminded of being in a bar, late afternoon, while the band did a remarkably tedious and incompetent 'sound check'.

The guy was at the microphone saying 'check', 'check', 'check', for nearly 30 minutes until I (having paid up my tab), finally stood up and in a very loud and surly voice demanded "Would someone please bring this barstid his check??!!?"

I managed to leave before having that awkward conversation with the day manager. :D

Paul Pless
10-31-2013, 06:41 PM
I managed to leave before having that awkward conversation with the day manager. :Dlmao

Chip-skiff
10-31-2013, 07:04 PM
Having served in an acclaimed local band (no roadies or sound man) and done the mixing from the stage and the setup as well, a comment.

After we'd set up the gear, I played our demo tapes through the PA system, while roaming the house with dB meter. Adjusted the position of the speakers and the EQ accordingly.

The check, check, check crap accomplishes nothing besides confirming that the microphones are plugged in.

oznabrag
10-31-2013, 07:14 PM
... the band did a remarkably tedious and incompetent 'sound check'.

The check, check, check crap accomplishes nothing besides confirming that the microphones are plugged in.

Garret
10-31-2013, 07:59 PM
Anyone able to fill me in on just what he's going on about? I'm worried about his meds....

oznabrag
02-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Anyone able to fill me in on just what he's going on about? I'm worried about his meds....
I'm hoping he'll SHARE them.

seanz
02-02-2014, 03:39 PM
Vote for Lefty! BROTM Feb 2014.

bobbys
02-02-2014, 05:44 PM
don't be waiting for glenn to pick up the check.

Cheap SOB.....