OMG!! The police were here at work this morning!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Dupere
    Elder Statesman #1941
    • Jun 2000

OMG!! The police were here at work this morning!

When I came in there was a sheriff's cruiser in front of the building. Apparently the alarm went off, and a deputy came by to check it out. After he checked out the building, he gave us the all clear. He was very professional, nobody got roughed up, manhandled or shot. In fact, as near as I could tell, he didn't even seem to be the least bit edgy, didn't seem to think we were the enemy. He was just calmly doing his job.

Based on what some here say is the standard for the police, it was not at all what I was expecting. Somehow, I doubt this will make the national news.
    Joe, FFPoP

(http://www.sunnywoodfarm-maine.com/)
  • Willin'
    Yeah well, Dedood abides!
    • Jun 2002

Re: OMG!! The police were here at work this morning!

Better check your donut locker, Joe!
    Plures Naves Quam Mentes!

More Boats Than Brains!

Comment

• Bob Adams
      • Sep 2000

Thank you Joe, MOST police are competent, honest and caring. But like a someone using a gun sucessfully in defense, you will never see it on the news.
      You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
      Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• wardd
        • Sep 2009

are you sure nobody was shot?

Comment

• David G
          • Dec 2003

So... he never caught sight of you, eh? And no one happened to mention that you knew a certain Phillipe Allen? No wonder it all stayed calm <G>
          David G
          Harbor Woodworks
          https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Comment

• John Smith
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bob Adams
            Thank you Joe, MOST police are competent, honest and caring. But like a someone using a gun sucessfully in defense, you will never see it on the news.
            I seem to recall an incident or two over the years where someone used a gun successfully in self defense and it was reported. I fear you think that all additional guns usually bring good results. The truth, I suspect, is quite different.
            "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Comment

• mikefrommontana
              • Sep 2010

Was chatting with my sister's boyfriend (ex-cop, now drug investigator):

"Everybody loves the Fire Department"

Summed it up pretty good. The police get stuck enforcing whatever practical (or worse, impractical) laws we come up with. All firemen have to do is put out fires. No fun being a cop. The fact that they do as much as they do without screwing up is pretty impressive.

Comment

Working...