PDA

View Full Version : "All the animals are equal...

GregH
10-20-2013, 07:08 PM
..but some are more equal than others". This would be refering to members of congress, of course. I just watched this evening's segment of 60 Minutes that dealt with something called "Leadership Pacts". Essentially this allows members of congress to channel some of their campaign contributions into these "funds" thus providing a legal - though certainly not ethical - means of using campaign funds for personal use. Now while I'm certainly not a political expert like some on this forum, but I am a citizen who becomes outrages when I learn of these outrageous ploys that our congress members use to enrich themselves. So I'm just tossing this out to the members who are more into politics for their amusement and comment.

Cuyahoga Chuck
10-20-2013, 07:24 PM
However much money is involved in these pacs it is chump change compared to the $25 billion, or so, lost to our economy over a period of 2 weeks by the Teaparty campaign to close down the government and foster the presidential aspertions of one Rafael Edward (Ted) Cruz (sic) who represents the state of TEXAS.

bogdog
10-20-2013, 07:28 PM
TexAss

GregH
10-20-2013, 07:31 PM
However much money is involved in these pacs it is chump change compared to the $25 billion, or so, lost to our economy over a period of 2 weeks by the Teaparty campaign to close down the government and foster the presidential aspertions of one Rafael Edward (Ted) Cruz (sic) who represents the state of TEXAS.

I totally agree- BTW, for the record, while I do love living in Texas, having retired here 5 years ago, I am NOT a native Texan!!! Actually, I'm a native of Illinois- where most of our living former living governors are in prison...... don'cha just love politics???

bogdog
10-20-2013, 07:43 PM
... Actually, I'm a native of Illinois- where most of our living former living governors are in prison...... don'cha just love politics???Is that why they're called FIBs?