PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful front doors.

Reynard38
10-16-2013, 05:06 PM
On one of the episodes of Baltic Coasts, a series on Axs TV, there was an interview with 2 brothers that make hand carved front doors. Many with a nautical theme.
Beautiful work.
Found their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/KunsttischlereiRoloff?ref=stream

David G
10-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Very enjoyable. Very cheerful. Thanks! I've made a few front doors in my career, and while these are not my style, I can fully appreciate both the artistry and the craftsmanship!

Kunsttischlerei_Roloff
10-31-2013, 02:02 PM
Greetings from Germany,

Thank you Reynard38 for your nice comment on our work. Indeed we have several nautical designs in our portfolio. We are proud of 180 years of family tradition in working with wood. We are updating our facebook page on a regular basis so please pass by from time to time to see our newest works.

I'm not sure if its allowed to write something like this in your forum but in case somebody is interested in more information we are always happy to send details and to make an individual offer. So don't hesitate to contact us.

Wishing you all a great day!

P.S. really nice forum with interesting stories and amazing pictures about your boats and restorations!

Raphael
Kunsttischlerei Rene & Dirk Roloff

Full Tilt
10-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Beautiful designs and execution Raphael!

I was wondering why so much of your work has a nautical theme?

Mike

Paul Pless
11-01-2013, 05:24 AM
Greetings from Germany,

Thank you Reynard38 for your nice comment on our work. Indeed we have several nautical designs in our portfolio. We are proud of 180 years of family tradition in working with wood. We are updating our facebook page on a regular basis so please pass by from time to time to see our newest works.

I'm not sure if its allowed to write something like this in your forum but in case somebody is interested in more information we are always happy to send details and to make an individual offer. So don't hesitate to contact us.

P.S. really nice forum with interesting stories and amazing pictures about your boats and restorations!

Raphael

how cool is that?

seanz
11-01-2013, 02:07 PM
how cool is that?

The interwebs, still cool after all these years.......:)

Brilliant work. Always good to see traditional craft and techniques being used.

Kunsttischlerei_Roloff
11-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Beautiful designs and execution Raphael!

I was wondering why so much of your work has a nautical theme?

Mike

Hey Mike,

thats easily explained with the history of Prerow (the small village at the baltic sea where everything started back in 1832). Prerow developed as a maritime village and especially the wealthy captains wanted to "show off". Many designs are therefore related to a maritime/nautical theme. With the time these themes became popular and we are still doing them in the same way with the same tools like 180 years ago.

I hope I answered your question

Raphael

Kunsttischlerei_Roloff
11-01-2013, 03:06 PM
The interwebs, still cool after all these years.......:)

Brilliant work. Always good to see traditional craft and techniques being used.

Thank you so much! We are doing our best to keep on working in the traditional way with traditional tools and even old models are used.

Full Tilt
11-01-2013, 03:31 PM
I hope I answered your question

Yes, thank you.

I looked up Prerow online. It reminds me very much of New England, but with a better beaches.

You have also opened my eyes to the Zeesenboot or Zees boat for which I am also indebted.

Many thanks,

Mike

Reynard38
11-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Greetings from Germany,

Raphael

Raphael,

Wow, small world isn't it? I guess our interests are similar.
My wife has commented when we build our next house down on the South Carolina coast she wants to have one of your doors. Beautiful work.
I hope to be in Germany sometime next year. We are ordering a BMW wagon and thinking of doing Euro delivery. As we will be in Germany for at least a week we might have to make it up your way.

Kunsttischlerei_Roloff
11-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Raphael,

Wow, small world isn't it? I guess our interests are similar.
My wife has commented when we build our next house down on the South Carolina coast she wants to have one of your doors. Beautiful work.
I hope to be in Germany sometime next year. We are ordering a BMW wagon and thinking of doing Euro delivery. As we will be in Germany for at least a week we might have to make it up your way.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your wife and show you around our workshop! Please let me know in case you need any assistance for your stay in Germany!