PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz and Joe McCarthy

Jim Bow
10-02-2013, 11:27 PM
I thought that Ted Cruz looks like Joe McCarthy, so I googled the two names together.
Evidently I'm not alone.

Arizona Bay
10-03-2013, 01:11 AM
http://homebrewedtheology.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mccarthy-cruz-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg
When the commies took over, Joe McCarthy faked his death and returned to Cuba, there he fathered a son... now (by way of Canada) Mr 'Cruz' has come to continue his fathers work of ridding the red menace from this Gawd fearing land.

Roger Cumming
10-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Most people alive in the US today have no firsthand knowledge of McCarthy. What is known about him is from history books. My recollection of McCarthy was seeing him on TV when I was very young. I had no ability to see what was freaking out the grown-ups, my father especially who was a strong union man. He would lose it whenever McCarthy started talking. I do remember the glibness of McCarthy and the absurdity of his claiming the government was full of communists. As the absurdity of McCarthy's attacks began to sink in, the fear that he engendered in other politicians changed to revulsion. He became an object of ridicule. Senator Cruz does look like McCarthy but it is his tactics that make such a convincing resemblance. He is glib. He speaks well. But he does not make outrageous accusations like McCarthy did about communists. Instead he makes passing references to the "disaster" of Obamacare, as if it is an established fact. He is manipulative, like a confidence man. It is no surprise that the dimmer members of the Republican right wing find him so appealing. But it is hard to envision Cruz attaining higher political office with his current mode of operating. McCarthy could not advance his crusade against communists because there simply weren't communists where he said there were. Cruz's warning about the calamity of Obamacare will almost surely prove to be false. Like McCarthy, he specializes in the big lie. It is a very long shot to succeed in fooling most of the people most of the time. Goldwater, in 1964, didn't even come close to the presidency and he had none of Cruz's negatives.

bobbys
10-03-2013, 02:16 AM
I thought that Ted Cruz looks like Joe McCarthy, so I googled the two names together.
Evidently I'm not alone..

Have you reported this to the proper authorities yet?.

I think the Obama hot line is still open