PDA

View Full Version : Rush.

Reynard38
10-01-2013, 05:52 PM
My wife and I just got back from seeing the movie Rush. We both really enjoyed it. Ron Howard did a fantastic job with this one, and whoever did the casting deserves an award. You don't have to be an F1 fan to enjoy this one.

Jim Bow
10-01-2013, 06:27 PM
I'm seeing it this weekend. "Gravity" is high on my list after the fantastic review on CBS Sunday Morning.

skuthorp
10-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Oh, THAT Rush………………..

Gerarddm
10-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Yeh, not the band ( ugh ).

Haven't been to a big screen in a while, but I will for both Rush and Gravity. Remember the movie Grand Prix? It would be interesting to compare.

Full Tilt
10-02-2013, 12:37 AM
My wife and I just got back from seeing the movie Rush. We both really enjoyed it. Ron Howard did a fantastic job with this one, and whoever did the casting deserves an award. You don't have to be an F1 fan to enjoy this one.

Ya, I saw it tonight too and enjoyed it quite a bit, despite being an F1 junky.

There is no doubt 'Rush' wears the crown as best automobile racing movie of all time, far surpassing 'Grand Prix' and 'Le Mans'.

Daniel Bruhl, who played Niki Lauda, spent a lot of time hanging out with the real Lauda in preparation for his performance and it showed.

If by "great casting" you mean Hemsworth (Thor) and Bruhl really look like Hunt and Lauda, I have to add great make-up, including dental prosthesis and latex scar tissue and great actors who not only studied very hard to become as believable as possible, but were accomplished performers to begin with.

I have to admit to being pretty choked up a couple times.

Mike

Full Tilt
10-02-2013, 12:42 AM
I'm seeing it this weekend. "Gravity" is high on my list after the fantastic review on CBS Sunday Morning.

'Gravity' got 4 stars and 'Rush' 4 1/2 on 'Rotten Tomatoes. They're both 'must sees'.

Full Tilt
10-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Yeh, not the band ( ugh ).

Remember the movie Grand Prix? It would be interesting to compare.

One huge difference is 'Rush' can be viewed on AVX, enhanced sound and picture in a reclining seat, mega stage.

moTthediesel
10-02-2013, 08:02 AM
I'm so looking forward to seeing this -- I saw them race at Watkins Glen and at Mosport back in the day -- great and terrible years for F1.

Tom

Full Tilt
10-02-2013, 08:13 AM
I'm so looking forward to seeing this -- I saw them race at Watkins Glen and at Mosport back in the day -- great and terrible years for F1.

Tom

The movie goes to a Watkins Glen race. You will not be disappointed.

moTthediesel
10-13-2013, 11:49 PM
See 'Rush' yet, Tom?

Mike

Just got back from seeing it with my wife, son, and his GF -- we all loved it. My wife cares nothing for racing, but is quite taken with Chris Hemsworth, so I didn't have to twist her arm to get her to go.

I was particularly chilled by the scene, early in the movie, of Francois Cevert's fatal crash at the Glen. It was the first GP I attended, and the horror of it stays with me still. I was a big fan of Jackie Stewart, and was disappointed when the "Wee Scott" (rightly) withdrew from the race, but at least I got to see him run in practice. That, and hearing the screaming Matra at full song on the long straight are my best memories of that otherwise tragic weekend.

Tom

Dan McCosh
10-14-2013, 07:25 AM
Saw it a couple of weeks ago. It was good drama, great acting, but I don't think the racing scenes were up to Grand Prix, which will never be equaled, as they will never let a camera car into a real race again.

Stiletto
10-14-2013, 10:27 PM
Saw it a couple of weeks ago. It was good drama, great acting, but I don't think the racing scenes were up to Grand Prix, which will never be equaled, as they will never let a camera car into a real race again.

Today's cameras are about the size of a matchbox, at the time Grand Prix was made they were bigger than a football.

Jim Bow
10-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Today's cameras are about the size of a matchbox, at the time Grand Prix was made they were bigger than a football. And each car is carrying 6 of them already.

Paul Pless
10-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Excellent movie.

Was this the first Ron Howard movie with nudity and sex scenes? Usually his stuff is pretty g or pg

Paul Pless
10-24-2013, 09:13 PM
There is no doubt 'Rush' wears the crown as best automobile racing movie of all timebetter than Stroker Ace? The Cannonball Run?? The Canonball Run II???