PDA

View Full Version : Cruze Pledges His Salary to Charity If the Government Shuts Down

Cuyahoga Chuck
09-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Big Deal!
His wife is a regional director for GOLDMAN SACHS.
Cruz (sic) does not have a federal health insurance plan either. Goldman Sachs supposedly shells out $40,000 or more annually for each of the plantinum-grade health care plans their executives enjoy.

Donn
09-30-2013, 09:47 PM
His name is Cruz.

pumpkin
09-30-2013, 09:52 PM
His name is Cruz. Actually it's Cruzeh. Eh is the Canadian in him.

hanleyclifford
09-30-2013, 09:55 PM
I've got just the charity in mind...

Ian McColgin
09-30-2013, 09:59 PM
A gesture even more pointless and insulting than his pseudo filibuster.

hanleyclifford
09-30-2013, 10:03 PM
A gesture even more pointless and insulting than his pseudo filibuster. He's just trying to buy votes....wait a minute...do Republicans do that?

Jim Bow
09-30-2013, 10:05 PM
According to this report, Mrs. Cruz earns more than $1,000 a year. (http://www.opensecrets.org/pfds/CIDsummary.php?CID=N00033085&year=2011) Click on the "Income: 4 totaling $1,575,043" link.

Osborne Russell
09-30-2013, 10:13 PM
Captured by the siren song.

Wed like to believe that the GOP establishment would applaud the way these bold leaders have rallied the grassroots to their cause. But, no, such praise would require a commensurate level of guts and leadership, and the permanent political class in D.C. is nothing if not gutless and rudderless.

The same people have been denouncing conservatives like me for years (right after they ask for help fundraising for themselves or endorsing the latest candidate theyve suckered into paying their exorbitant consulting fees).

Republicans in Congress support funding the government. If the Democrats block these funding measures, a government shutdown is on them.

But heres the important thing that none of these establishment backstabbers understand. Its not the messenger that matters. Its the message. You can try to take out someone like Ted Cruz, but that wont stop the message from catching fire. The message is liberty, and its been resounding ever since a band of patriots dumped tea in Boston harbor.

Oh, and a little reminder to Republican senators up for re-election in 2014: Moose season ends soon, allowing more time on ones hands. So, well be watching your votes very carefully this week.

-- Sarah "You can see Russia from Alaska" Palin

Cuyahoga Chuck
09-30-2013, 10:20 PM
His name is Cruz.

Izatso! Them foreigners sure do spell funny. Well, it seems everyone knew who I was refering to.

How's my punctutation?

Cuba Libre!

Ian McColgin
09-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Adding that rider to allow employers to deny birth control coverage to their latest offer is proof, were more needed, that the Republicans have decided to end our feeble economic recovery and demolish our government's credibility.

Gerarddm
10-01-2013, 01:57 AM
War on Women, yet again.

Osborne Russell
10-01-2013, 01:03 PM
. . . rider to allow employers to deny birth control coverage . . .

Are you kidding?

Ian McColgin
10-01-2013, 01:20 PM
No bull. The Republicans put that in just to emphasize that no matter what, they will not compromise, only escalate.

John of Phoenix
10-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Cruze Pledges His Salary to Charity If the Government Shuts DownBut only IF the government shuts down. Cruz has been fighting for this for this shut down for months yet I keep hearing a number of TP reds saying they don't want to shut the government down.

Is there an ideological battle brewing, not just in the republican party but, within the TP itself? Delightful!

Hugh Conway
10-01-2013, 01:52 PM
How do the US's elite institutions churn out so many lightweight losers these days?

John Smith
10-01-2013, 02:08 PM
But only IF the government shuts down. Cruz has been fighting for this for this shut down for months yet I keep hearing a number of TP reds saying they don't want to shut the government down.

Is there an ideological battle brewing, not just in the republican party but, within the TP itself? Delightful!

I saw a clip of Bachmann and a few others this morning. They looked positively giddy.

LeeG
10-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Are you kidding?

it's what Jesus and the GOP want.