PDA

View Full Version : Karma: Tales of a child support worker2

Minnesnowtan
09-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Someone asked for a doozey about a dead beat Dad, and just so happens one came to conclusion on Friday.

I have been involved in this one since day one.

Mom and Dad are living together, Dad is divorced with one other child and has custody of the child.

Mom is divorced with one other child and sharing joint custody with the other parent.

They get pregnant and have a baby.

Dad decides they need to go to court, sign an adjudication of parentage and have joint custody even though they are living together. I was like wow, you don't see this very often, this is going to be a non-event. Boy was I wrong.

Dad cheats on Mom. Dad cheats on Mom with MULTIPLE women.

Mom is working 2 full time jobs and Dad is working part time as a farm hand. Couple lives in trailer on farm next to farmers house. Farmer and farm hand are really close.

While Mom is at work Dad basically has another woman living there, cleaning and taking care of the kids. Mom comes home from work early one day sick and the caper is up.

Mom moves out and takes kid with her. Dad still tries to keep her and play all the women.

Meanwhile Mom is still letting Dad have child every other week since they only live 20 minutes apart now. Things get a bit out of hand and Dad threatens Mom. Mom files order for protection, it is granted and they are allowed 3 text messages a day to communicated about child. They still share every other week.

Dad goes in and files for Medical Assistance for the child and child support. We have a hearing, decide Mom can pay ~30 a month for the medical assistance, no child support they share the child.

OFP expires, time for the child to start kindergarten. Dad wants child in his school, Mom wants her in hers. Mom is working 8am to 4:30pm M-F. Dad works 9:30am to 7:00pm with Thu and Sat off.

This goes to court, court decides that Mom gets the child because of the OFP and her work schedule. Dad has maintained from day 1 he would never pay her child support.

So it goes to support. Dad says he only makes $10/hr. I do my thing, facebook, yadda yadda yadda, nope Dad makes $20/hr.

He only works 10 hrs a week, nope, he works 40+ hours a week. So I subpeona income records from the farmer. Yep, records say 10 hours a week $10 an hour. Are you smelling something rotten here?

Get to court, and he does the song and dance. I stand up and present what I have found. Child support is ordered based on imputed income of 20/hr at 40hr week.

another excrement hitting the fan. This balloons into a full audit of the farmer, and the farm hand.

Farm hand has had rent for the trailer included in his pay, car payments, etc etc. on top of this he has been getting "cow checks" written out to him from the sale barn instead of to the farmer. Also he has been butcher the steers and selling meat of the farm freezers for cash, all with the knowledge of the farmer.

So the farmer was prosecuted for tax fraud, employment fraud, etc etc. Our Farm hand Dad, just spent 5 days in jail because he refuses to pay child support and next the farmer gets to spend some time in jail because he refuses to do income with holding.

Paul Pless
09-30-2013, 01:04 PM
you should be given a medal or something

Bobby of Tulsa
09-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Are you on break or stealing tax payer dollars while you post on the forum????

Minnesnowtan
09-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Bobby,

I work from home some days when I do not need to be in the office, especially since some of this stuff is done after hours like calling places of employment that are not available during the day.

Every heard of exempt salaried?

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
09-30-2013, 02:54 PM
You wouldn't be the only one posting from work while on the clock.
Just sayin.

S.V. Airlie
09-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Someone asked for a doozey about a dead beat Dad, and just so happens one came to conclusion on Friday.

I have been involved in this one since day one.

Mom and Dad are living together, Dad is divorced with one other child and has custody of the child.

Mom is divorced with one other child and sharing joint custody with the other parent.

They get pregnant and have a baby.

Dad decides they need to go to court, sign an adjudication of parentage and have joint custody even though they are living together. I was like wow, you don't see this very often, this is going to be a non-event. Boy was I wrong.

Dad cheats on Mom. Dad cheats on Mom with MULTIPLE women.

Mom is working 2 full time jobs and Dad is working part time as a farm hand. Couple lives in trailer on farm next to farmers house. Farmer and farm hand are really close.

While Mom is at work Dad basically has another woman living there, cleaning and taking care of the kids. Mom comes home from work early one day sick and the caper is up.

Mom moves out and takes kid with her. Dad still tries to keep her and play all the women.

Meanwhile Mom is still letting Dad have child every other week since they only live 20 minutes apart now. Things get a bit out of hand and Dad threatens Mom. Mom files order for protection, it is granted and they are allowed 3 text messages a day to communicated about child. They still share every other week.

Dad goes in and files for Medical Assistance for the child and child support. We have a hearing, decide Mom can pay ~30 a month for the medical assistance, no child support they share the child.

OFP expires, time for the child to start kindergarten. Dad wants child in his school, Mom wants her in hers. Mom is working 8am to 4:30pm M-F. Dad works 9:30am to 7:00pm with Thu and Sat off.

This goes to court, court decides that Mom gets the child because of the OFP and her work schedule. Dad has maintained from day 1 he would never pay her child support.

So it goes to support. Dad says he only makes $10/hr. I do my thing, facebook, yadda yadda yadda, nope Dad makes $20/hr.

He only works 10 hrs a week, nope, he works 40+ hours a week. So I subpeona income records from the farmer. Yep, records say 10 hours a week $10 an hour. Are you smelling something rotten here?

Get to court, and he does the song and dance. I stand up and present what I have found. Child support is ordered based on imputed income of 20/hr at 40hr week.

another excrement hitting the fan. This balloons into a full audit of the farmer, and the farm hand.

Farm hand has had rent for the trailer included in his pay, car payments, etc etc. on top of this he has been getting "cow checks" written out to him from the sale barn instead of to the farmer. Also he has been butcher the steers and selling meat of the farm freezers for cash, all with the knowledge of the farmer.

So the farmer was prosecuted for tax fraud, employment fraud, etc etc. Our Farm hand Dad, just spent 5 days in jail because he refuses to pay child support and next the farmer gets to spend some time in jail because he refuses to do income with holding.WOW! I'm just glad I have no kids and no attachments.:)

Minnesnowtan
09-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Jaime,

It is not so bad if there are two responsible reliable people involved. I frequently tell them that hey, you can have a good relationship here co-parenting. There is no need for "full" child support, you can agree by stipulation.

about 30% of people do that. If they are reasonably sane and not insane with anger and rage . . . . I can usually get them both in a room with their attorneys and explain the situation to them.

The problem are the ones that feel a sense of entitlement or trying to get one over instead of putting the child(ren) as the priority.

S.V. Airlie
09-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Minn. There are cases in my neighborhood right now where it just doesn't work like that. I'm sure there are.those sim. to who you refer to but, they are under the radar.

Bobby of Tulsa
09-30-2013, 03:13 PM
Bobby,

I work from home some days when I do not need to be in the office, especially since some of this stuff is done after hours like calling places of employment that are not available during the day.

Every heard of exempt salaried?Well on that other thread you were in you office and you and your boss was reading the forum, or so you said.

Minnesnowtan
09-30-2013, 03:16 PM
Well on that other thread you were in you office and you and your boss was reading the forum, or so you said.

Yep, last Friday. I do not have to be in the office every day. Thursday is usually my court day, as the child support magistrates are here. Then I need to be in the office to access some secure databases when doing employment verifications and searches, but once I have that info, I can work from home to prepare all the documentation, call clients, talk with the the asst. county attorney, receive my case files, etc etc. Really I only need to be in the office one day a week other then when I have a case scheduled.

Well this one got interesting last Friday. It was 8:15 and Fridays are either really really busy, or like watching paint dry. I was cleaning the espresso machine when the intake social worker comes in and says I have some clients in the waiting room that want to talk to me.

S.V. Airlie
09-30-2013, 03:17 PM
So, Norman supposedly works but, he has a heck of a lot of time to read all the articles, find Rep DIRT, weed through them, and post on the forum.No one seems to complain here!

S.V. Airlie
09-30-2013, 03:34 PM
My client doesn't complain, and he pays me remarkable bucks. I guess I have enough time between bilge postings to do what he wants and needs.

Mind your own business, Jamie.You post it Norman you own it. Don't post if you don't want it repeated. Fair game!

09-30-2013, 03:51 PM
"Takin' Care Of Business"

You get up every morning
From your 'larm clock's warning
Take the 8:15 into the city
There's a whistle up above
And people pushin', people shovin'
And the girls who try to look pretty
And if your train's on time
You can get to work by nine
And start your slaving job to get your pay
If you ever get annoyed
Look at me I'm self-employed
I love to work at nothing all day
And I'll be

Taking care of business (every day)
Taking care of business (every way)
I've been taking care of business (it's all mine)
Taking care of business and working overtime
Work out

If it were easy as fishin'
You could be a musician
If you could make sounds loud or mellow
Get a second-hand guitar
Chances are you'll go far
If you get in with the right bunch of fellows
People see you having fun
Just a-lying in the sun
Tell them that you like it this way
It's the work that we avoid
And we're all self-employed
We love to work at nothing all day
And we be

We be been taking care of business (it's all mine)

Mercy
Whooooo
All right

Take good care of my business
When I'm away, every day
Whoooo

You get up every morning
From your 'larm clock's warning
Take the 8:15 into the city
There's a whistle up above
And people pushin', people shovin'
And the girls who try to look pretty
And if your train's on time
You can get to work by nine
And start your slaving job to get your pay
If you ever get annoyed
Look at me I'm self-employed
I love to work at nothing all day
And I'll be

I've been taking care of business (it's all mine)

Takin' care of business, whoo
Takin' care of business
Takin' care of business
Takin' care of business
Takin' care of business (every day)
Takin' care of business (every way)
Takin' care of business (it's all mine)
Takin' care of business
And working overtime
Whoooo
Takin' care of business
Takin' care of business
Takin' care of business
We be Takin' care of business
We be Takin' care of business
Takin' care of business
Takin' care of business

Minnesnowtan
09-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Watch it Domesticated, this bunch might just report you for copyright infringement!

LOL!

09-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Maybe I should post the video eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybtl9qVFAjc

Mrleft8
09-30-2013, 04:20 PM
Your tax dollars at work. :rolleyes:

Minnesnowtan
09-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Your tax dollars at work. :rolleyes:

Do I need to link you to the explanation of EXEMPT SALARIED pay? Or to the fact that I work from home some days? Or to the fact that some times especially with farmers and contractors I am on the phone and working while you and your family are sitting in front of the TV eating chunky monkey ice cream and having family time watching the newest episode of a prime time sitcom?

Nope, you don't want your utopian view of those poor innocent fraudsters shattered so instead you want to attack the messenger. Oh well, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink.

Rum_Pirate
09-30-2013, 04:51 PM
My client doesn't complain, and he pays me remarkable bucks. I guess I have enough time between bilge postings to do what he wants and needs.

Mind your own business, Jamie. If you take that attitude, what do you describe you do in digging into business of others eg various politicians, is that minding your own business? |;)

S.V. Airlie
09-30-2013, 06:01 PM
"Fair game" works from either end of the rope.

Minnesnowtan
05-22-2014, 10:36 AM
UPDATE:

The farmer has now been indicted for using illegal aliens for farm work.

The Dad, has now been ordered into anger management etc etc.

In the process of restricting his "influence" on the child because he has made the child a pawn in the disagreement with the mother. His argument, "give me custody, I will support her." All the while the previous custody case was going, he was threatening the mom that he was going to win custody and she would be paying him support.

I really hate two faced people like this.

Bobby of Tulsa
05-22-2014, 10:40 AM
Mirror, mirror on the wall

Paul Pless
05-22-2014, 10:50 AM
UPDATE:fart

Minnesnowtan
05-22-2014, 10:53 AM
fart

Bean-o or gas-x may help with your obvious chronic condition Paul.

Canoeyawl
05-22-2014, 11:24 AM
UPDATE:

The farmer has now been indicted for using illegal aliens for farm work.

The Dad, has now been ordered into anger management etc etc.

In the process of restricting his "influence" on the child because he has made the child a pawn in the disagreement with the mother. His argument, "give me custody, I will support her." All the while the previous custody case was going, he was threatening the mom that he was going to win custody and she would be paying him support.

I really hate two faced people like this.

Perhaps you can prompt this one to suicide also...