PDA

View Full Version : New Sub-forum Idea: Class Boats

Duncan Gibbs
09-27-2013, 07:18 PM
There are quite a few people now who have got wooden class boats (Mirrors and Dragons come to mind :D), but IRRC Mr Cramer owns a 210 and there are quite a few other classes represented by a lot of other members: Merlin Rockets, Albacores, Concordia Yawls and so on.

What about having a new sub-forum where each class has a single thread which becomes the 'go-to' place for stuff specifically related to that class?

What say ye?

bamamick
09-27-2013, 07:54 PM
Well, what are you waitin' for? :)

Mickey Lake

Duncan Gibbs
09-27-2013, 08:07 PM
Mickey, I make it 7pm in Alabama: You've gotta be home and able to view images by now. ;):D

Paul Pless
09-27-2013, 09:30 PM
i vote no, part of the working appeal of this forum is that its fairly neat and uncluttered by subdivisions

Peerie Maa
09-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Put them is Designs/Plans, as thy're all One Designs. Scott could you please sticky each one so that they don't sink?

skuthorp
09-29-2013, 08:24 AM
I had an idea for a Round Australia Mirror relay, by distance as plotted on sailing trips not in actuality of course. This could be expanded, via the mirror associations to a trans-US affair, or anywhere of course. Modern GPS enabled phones would enable distances to be tracked quite easily. Of course it could be any sort of sailboat or power boat as long as it's wooden.

Binnacle Bat
10-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Most active classes have their own pages/forums. They do tend to obsess a lot on racing, but there are folks there who know the old woodies intimately, and will answer questions gladly. I know this is true of the Thistles group on Yahoo, and I'm sure is true of other active racing classes too. Not so much in development classes, I doubt anyone one in the I-14 groups would know how to deal with hull repairs on a woody from the 40's.

My boss is a bot of an obsessive compulsive, and tends towards breaking down things into a million categories, so there are folders (computer and manila) with one document in them. I tend to to err the other way, and often don't sort out into two folders until the one is half an inch thick. The trick is to have just the right amount of granularity to find what you are looking for.

Since this forum elimimated the Bilge from the What's New listing, I think I'm good.