PDA

View Full Version : House Republicans are truly nutsburgers

Gerarddm
09-27-2013, 01:38 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/27/us/politics/house-gop-leaders-list-conditions-for-raising-debt-ceiling.html?nl=us&emc=edit_cn_20130926

All you can do is say OMG.

Seriously: next election, vote against every Republican, for every office, at every level. Be patriotic. Save the country.

Chris Coose
09-27-2013, 06:19 AM
The only good of it is the evil bastards choke themselves out.

TomF
09-27-2013, 06:37 AM
One can hope.

Responsible Conservatives seem to be rather thin on the ground; hope that changes. This has rather major global implications - and is rather a key reason why investors may start shifting their loyalties to a more diverse group of options.

Keith Wilson
09-27-2013, 07:19 AM
They essentially made a copy of Romney's platform and turned it into their ransom note. The government shutdown is small stuff; this is serious. It can only be described as legal terrorism. 'Do what we want or we'll deliberately do dreadful damage to the US economy. '

TomF
09-27-2013, 07:56 AM
With gerrymandering eliminating actual competitive elections in most House seats, will the 2014 election really mean hitting bottom? It might take crashing the global economy, and damaging US hegemony.

pefjr
09-27-2013, 08:01 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/27/us/politics/house-gop-leaders-list-conditions-for-raising-debt-ceiling.html?nl=us&emc=edit_cn_20130926

Seriously: next election, vote against every Republican, for every office, at every level. Be patriotic. Save the country.You don't trust in god anymore?

Mrleft8
09-27-2013, 08:01 AM
Is there a reason (other than that it would cause republican heads to explode) that the President can't use his executive power to just raise the debt ceiling and then let the SC decide whether he had the authority to do that, while the bills get paid, and govt. programs continue to work? (or not work, as may be the case)

Mrleft8
09-27-2013, 08:02 AM
You don't trust in god anymore?

god doesn't pay the bills.

pefjr
09-27-2013, 08:07 AM
god doesn't pay the bills.What do dims tell their wives when the credit card is maxed? "Hold up honey , let me borrow some mo money for you to waste?"

Mrleft8
09-27-2013, 08:08 AM
What do dims tell their wives when the credit card is maxed? "Hold up honey , let me borrow some mo money for you to waste?"

Do they say... "keep going honey. god will provide the cash for that when the time comes"?

pefjr
09-27-2013, 08:21 AM
With gerrymandering eliminating actual competitive elections in most House seats, will the 2014 election really mean hitting bottom? It might take crashing the global economy, and damaging US hegemony.When an economy is based on uncountable waste, and unaccountable spending of borrowed money, and uncontrollable purse strings, just how long a life would you give it?

Keith Wilson
09-27-2013, 08:22 AM
What do dims tell their wives when the credit card is maxed? You know better; the US govenment is not like that. Congress passes tax bills. Congress passes spending bills. If the revenue for the former is smaller than the authorized spending, we need to borrow. Raising the debt limit is required by previous action of Congress . Of other civilized countries only Denmark has a statutory debt limit.

This is hostage-taking, pure and simple: "We didn't get enough votes to do what we want, so we'll deliberately harm the country if you don't give in." It is not the act of anyone who should be anywhere near a position of power.

pefjr
09-27-2013, 08:26 AM
Congress passes tax bills. Congress passes spending bills. If the revenue for the former is smaller than the authorized spending, we need to borrow. Raising the debt limit is required by previous action of Congress . Of other civilized countries only Denmark has a statutory debt limit.

This is hostage-taking, pure and simple: "We didn't get enough votes to do what we want, so we'll deliberately harm the country if you don't give in." It is not the act of anyone who should be anywhere near a position of power.Dreaming? Listening to dims talking budget is like listening to your kids whining when you cut their allowance. Hilarious:D I know where 700 billion is. When will the Congress stumble up on it?

Keith Wilson
09-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Oh, I certainly agree that we spend money on stupid things. The big long-term problem is medical costs and Medicare/Medicaid over the next 30 years or so. But the way to handle this is for Congress to vote on tax and spending bills, not to threaten to crash the US economy.

Nicholas Scheuer
09-27-2013, 08:57 AM
We've got a good portion of the electorate saying, "let's throw every last one of them out and start over!" Next, they may very well start crying, "Let's just do away with Congress! They don't do anything anyway!" That might very well set the stage for some right-wing nut-job to come on the scene td "save us", all by him or herself.

TomF
09-27-2013, 09:18 AM
The 14th Amendment says that? With "shall not" language? Who knew?

Phew. I assume that the Amendment only prohibits Americans (including Congress members) from questioning the validity of the American public debt ... rather than folks like me outside your borders. :D I know you can pay your bills ... but I'm not convinced your government will any more than I'm convinced my government will pay ours!

John Smith
09-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Is there a reason (other than that it would cause republican heads to explode) that the President can't use his executive power to just raise the debt ceiling and then let the SC decide whether he had the authority to do that, while the bills get paid, and govt. programs continue to work? (or not work, as may be the case)

The 14th Amendment says, basically, legally incurred debts are not to be questioned.

I believe that gives the president the authority to keep the government open and pay our bills. Maybe he will be forced to do this and let it go to the Supreme Court

John Smith
09-27-2013, 09:35 AM
What do dims tell their wives when the credit card is maxed? "Hold up honey , let me borrow some mo money for you to waste?"

I hate to burst your bubble, but the GOP has voted for ALL the bills that have been driving up our debt. Plus, in spite of GOP rhetoric, the deficit is shrinking.

Osborne Russell
09-27-2013, 09:44 AM
A couple things I don't get about the article.

1. It talks about a double-barreled threat. One is the threat not to raise the debt limit. What's the other?
2. Why is this budget ceiling fight different from the previous five or six?

John Smith
09-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Without re-reading, this is a guess. We have two battles in the almost immediate future. First is the continuing resolution to keep the government open, which they threaten to not pass if Obamacare is funded. The seconding is the coming debt ceiling increase.

bogdog
09-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Farm state Republican congressional districts get the biggest subsides in the nation. Without them they wouldn't exist period. If we cut all those subsides and put all those people on food stamps we could save tens of billions of dollars. I'm ready to do it.

John Smith
09-27-2013, 09:53 AM
Farm state Republican congressional districts get the biggest subsides in the nation. Without them they wouldn't exist period. If we cut all those subsides and put all those people on food stamps we could save tens of billions of dollars. I'm ready to do it.

One would think these people would know that. Funny how emotion takes over and reason leaves.

Keith Wilson
09-27-2013, 09:55 AM
Why is this budget ceiling fight different from the previous five or six?This not a 'budget ceiling' fight; it's over the debt limit, borrowing that Congress has already required by voting for tax rates and spending bills.

Why is this debt ceiling fight different from the previous five or six?Because of the radicalization of the Republican party. Util 2011, debt ceiling increases were essentially formalities; although occasions for a lot of hot air and posturing, there was never any doubt they'd pass; everybody agreed it was necessary. (Detailed numbers here (http://assets.opencrs.com/rpts/RL31967_20100128.pdf)) What we're seeing now is something new. Today's Republicans are threatening to deliberately seriously damage the US economy if they don't get concessions they don't have the votes to get by normal means.

wardd
09-27-2013, 10:01 AM
republicans are like the rugged pioneers going west to settle land given to them by the government and claiming they did it all by themselves

wardd
09-27-2013, 10:03 AM
and don't forget the government provided cavalry

Boater14
09-27-2013, 10:32 AM
using the debt ceiling as blackmail oops leverage, is new. someone correct me but the ceiling was raised how many times under bush? sometines on the first note some will vote no to be heard on an issue dear to the home district. anyone remember the dems demanding repeal of No Child Left Untested or the tax cuts as a condition of raising Bush's debt ceiling? many of you simply don't know what the debt ceiling is. the debts have been incurred. people bought our bonds to fund our wars rather than raise taxes. now we have to PAY OUT DEBTS.

Keith Wilson
09-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Seven times under Bush 2, four times under Clinton, four times under Bush 1. Summary data here. (http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/federalbudgetprocess/a/US-Debt-Ceiling-History.htm)

Suicide bombers, for all it sounds hyperbolic, is actually a pretty good comparison.

CWSmith
09-27-2013, 10:53 AM
Seriously: next election, vote against every Republican, for every office, at every level. Be patriotic. Save the country.

I'm already there - W took care of that. However, let's be honest. The Democrats have to find some courage. They need to make the case and they need to stand for something. Real solutions require more than just recruiting votes with giveaway programs (and I believe in the value of those programs). They need to make things realistic and agree to fund their spending, then make the case to the people. There is a long ways to go here.

John Smith
09-27-2013, 11:01 AM
I'm already there - W took care of that. However, let's be honest. The Democrats have to find some courage. They need to make the case and they need to stand for something. Real solutions require more than just recruiting votes with giveaway programs (and I believe in the value of those programs). They need to make things realistic and agree to fund their spending, then make the case to the people. There is a long ways to go here.

Seems to me several efforts have been made to introduce JOBS bills by repairing and modernizing our infrastructure, but they can't get to the House floor.

Osborne Russell
09-27-2013, 03:06 PM
The Democrats have to find some courage. They need to make the case and they need to stand for something. Real solutions require more than just recruiting votes with giveaway programs (and I believe in the value of those programs). They need to make things realistic and agree to fund their spending, then make the case to the people. There is a long ways to go here.

I agree with the long term, but IF they found some courage, what should they do in the short term?

Osborne Russell
09-27-2013, 03:09 PM
This not a 'budget ceiling' fight; it's over the debt limit, borrowing that Congress has already required by voting for tax rates and spending bills.

Do mean these things, in addition to defaulting on bonds?

I realize that money is money but different debts have different political and moral aspects, right?

John Smith
09-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Do mean these things, in addition to defaulting on bonds?

I realize that money is money but different debts have different political and moral aspects, right?

The facts are the deficit is shrinking, in spite of Eric Cantor and others saying it's growing.

Defaulting on any of our debts is likely to be a very bad thing. Even continued threatening to do so is a very bad thing, IMO.

It may be that the Republicans will push us over the cliff; past the point of no return. That might wake the people up and they might vote next election and put dems in office in spite of gerrymandering.

If you look at a "safe" Republican district, I suspect you'll find registered Republicans who will suffer from Republican actions. They may vote for the other party.

pefjr
09-27-2013, 07:47 PM
The facts are the deficit is shrinking, in spite of Eric Cantor and others saying it's growing.

Defaulting on any of our debts is likely to be a very bad thing. Even continued threatening to do so is a very bad thing, IMO.

It may be that the Republicans will push us over the cliff; past the point of no return. That might wake the people up and they might vote next election and put dems in office in spite of gerrymandering.

If you look at a "safe" Republican district, I suspect you'll find registered Republicans who will suffer from Republican actions. They may vote for the other party.Gotta hand it to John, he is consistent. He always get me to shake my head, and reread his post thinking "Does he really believe this for the truth?"

Garret
09-27-2013, 08:01 PM
Why aren't charges of treason being placed against these people? Are we waiting to see if they'll actually do it? If so, charges should be filed.

pefjr
09-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Why aren't charges of treason being placed against these people? Are we waiting to see if they'll actually do it? If so, charges should be filed.Tell em Garret, Tell them to file charges against themselves. ROFL

hokiefan
09-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Why aren't charges of treason being placed against these people? Are we waiting to see if they'll actually do it? If so, charges should be filed.

The Constitution (Article 3, Section 3) defines treason as waging war against the US, or aiding our enemy during such a war. Pretty limited scope and the shutdown doesn't fit.

John Smith
09-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Gotta hand it to John, he is consistent. He always get me to shake my head, and reread his post thinking "Does he really believe this for the truth?"

Which part shouldn't I believe?

John Smith
09-27-2013, 08:37 PM
The Constitution (Article 3, Section 3) defines treason as waging war against the US, or aiding our enemy during such a war. Pretty limited scope and the shutdown doesn't fit.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. If it impacts our military in any way it could be construed as helping our enemy, no?

Trouble is, as Pogo once said, "I have met the enemy, and he is us."

Garret
09-27-2013, 08:49 PM

You don't think war is being waged on the US? I do.

ETA: They are trying to destroy our country from within & turn it over to the corporations. While not generally a conspiracy theorist, I find it interesting that multi-national corporations are basically calling their tune. Hasn't anyone else read Brave New World?

Osborne Russell
09-27-2013, 09:16 PM

OTOH the Constitution does provide for a way to enact and enforce the law in a routine fashion.

The Republicans have no argument that there was any irregularity in the passage of Obamacare, or unconstitutionality in its provisions; if they did, they could go to court.

They have no argument that the people feel they were betrayed by the legislature that enacted it; if they did, they could recall them.

So what could possibly justify their actions? Only the claim that the threat to the nation is so great that they have to sabotage the operation of the federal government -- without the courts, without the people, and without Congress. If things were as they say, they couldn't stop short of insurrection. Indeed, they say they will do anything and everything necessary. Of course they're gutless pukes who wouldn't fight but in theory they are only one short step from treason right now.

Seems like an excellent time to call their bluff. They wanted to be out on this limb. Enough of their extortion. Instead of the permanent Republican majority that they used to crow about, we will have a permanent Republican colon blockage.

Roger Cumming
09-27-2013, 09:34 PM

The reason is that the Republicans in the House would immediately vote to impeach Obama and drag it out for as long as possible. They could win. The SC would not have to be involved. The Republicans would not have to win the impeachment. It would be the end of anything good happening from now to 2016.

hokiefan
09-27-2013, 10:56 PM
You don't think war is being waged on the US? I do.

ETA: They are trying to destroy our country from within & turn it over to the corporations. While not generally a conspiracy theorist, I find it interesting that multi-national corporations are basically calling their tune. Hasn't anyone else read Brave New World?

While I feel like you do, I can't see the SCOTUS ruling this is treason. I'm no lawyer, but I just can't see it.

Cheers,

Bobby

Garret
09-28-2013, 05:22 AM
While I feel like you do, I can't see the SCOTUS ruling this is treason. I'm no lawyer, but I just can't see it.

Cheers,

Bobby

Oh - I don't see 'em doing it either, but I think they should.

pefjr
09-28-2013, 08:11 AM
It's the bilge lefties that are dazed and confused. Look at your threads. In this one and hundreds of other recent threads you are calling the Repubs nuts and calling for charges of treason. In another you are rooting and tooting for a gov't shutdown(just like the Tea Party you love so much) to show them who is boss. Another calls our Pres.to put those bastids in the back of the bus and use his Executive Powers. I think you should arrest Norm for Treason for all the rooting and tooting.:D Then you have others saying that the voters don't matter, they are not smart enough to know what is best for them, so p!$$ on them. Very entertaining.

Garret
09-28-2013, 08:17 AM
It's the bilge lefties that are dazed and confused. Look at your threads. In this one and hundreds of other recent threads you are calling the Repubs nuts and calling for charges of treason. In another you are rooting and tooting for a gov't shutdown(just like the Tea Party you love so much) to show them who is boss. Another calls our Pres.to put those bastids in the back of the bus and use his Executive Powers. I think you should arrest Norm for Treason for all the rooting and tooting.:D Then you have others saying that the voters don't matter, they are not smart enough to know what is best for them, so p!$$ on them. Very entertaining.

We're not elected representatives. Totally different thing - but you know that.

John Smith
09-28-2013, 08:20 AM

I think the Tea Party is like a cancer eating away at our government. That said, I am not looking forward to a government shut down.

They have had ample time to suggest changes/improvements to the ACA. Contrary to the right wing talking points, a great deal of Republican input was included in the law. Olympia Snow had input, and got much of what she wanted, but still voted against it.

Adults, who care about the country, IMO, at this point would accept the ACA as the law of the land, do what they can to help get in implemented properly, then address whatever problems or shortcomings actually appear.

pefjr
09-28-2013, 08:45 AM
We're not elected representatives. Totally different thing - but you know that.Yes, I know that you and I are two of the voters that Keith , Norm, Geralddm, and Nancy claims doesn't know enough to matter.

Gerarddm
09-28-2013, 09:53 AM
To be candid, the fact that modern KnowNothings have any impactful influence at all really does matter. Sadly. The tide of history and demographics are against them, however. We will just have to suffer the fallout until that happy, happy day when we are "free at last, free at last" of them.

oznabrag
09-28-2013, 10:49 AM
To be candid, the fact that modern KnowNothings have any impactful influence at all really does matter. Sadly. The tide of history and demographics are against them, however. We will just have to suffer the fallout until that happy, happy day when we are "free at last, free at last" of them.

Yes, it really does matter.

I believe that I am in accord with our esteemed Mr. Russell when I say that the entire Tea Party/Sarah Palin/Rush Limbaugh demagoguery is the most serious threat this Constitution has ever faced.

More serious than the whole slavery/abolition thing.

Much.

The fact that they parade around acting ridiculous is intended to disarm us and persuade us to sit around suffering the fallout until they go away.

They are not going away until they have been hanged or imprisoned by a righteous majority through legal action.

I hope Mr. Russell will weigh in on this opinion.

Osborne Russell
09-28-2013, 11:56 AM
The reason is that the Republicans in the House would immediately vote to impeach Obama and drag it out for as long as possible. They could win. The SC would not have to be involved. The Republicans would not have to win the impeachment. It would be the end of anything good happening from now to 2016.

They could do that now. They've said they'll do anything necessary.

But you're right. It would shift the debate and up the ante. For what? To establish the power of the President to raise the debt ceiling? Is that really what you want? Meanwhile giving them a gold-plated diversion?

Osborne Russell
09-28-2013, 12:09 PM

I believe that I am in accord with our esteemed Mr. Russell when I say that the entire Tea Party/Sarah Palin/Rush Limbaugh demagoguery is the most serious threat this Constitution has ever faced.

Much.

The fact that they parade around acting ridiculous is intended to disarm us and persuade us to sit around suffering the fallout until they go away.

They are not going away until they have been hanged or imprisoned by a righteous majority through legal action.

I hope Mr. Russell will weigh in on this opinion.

I agree, but I try to tamp down the hanging and imprisonment. Indulging your feelings often makes for bad policy.

Thanks again to Cuyahoga Chuck for citing the book about ratification of the constitution. The framers -- the founding fathers -- the ones the Reds are constantly pretending to honor if not revere -- very cleverly forced the issue as, constitution, yes or no; a new nation with a much more powerful federal government, yes or no.

As regards this strong federal government, the Reds of today are in a different position than the opponents of ratification, for the obvious reason that the constitution has been ratified, and can be amended. But they offer no amendments. So the only object they can have is to abolish the union. What they may want to do after that isn't as important as the fact that there would have to be a civil war first.

Back to yes or no.

oznabrag
09-28-2013, 12:23 PM
I agree, but I try to tamp down the hanging and imprisonment. Indulging your feelings often makes for bad policy.

Certainly indulging one's feelings tends to make bad for policy, but they must be stopped, and hanging or imprisonment would certainly do the trick.

Perhaps a brutal pragmatism is not appropriate, in this case, but the easiest, most certain way to keep cats from throwing up on the couch is not to let the little jerks inside the House to begin with.

Or the Senate, for that matter.

Anarchists should not be permitted to run for elected office.

But they offer no amendments. So the only object they can have is to abolish the union. What they may want to do after that isn't as important as the fact that there would have to be a civil war first.

Back to yes or no.

Soooo... We agree that 'those people' are actively out to destroy the Union and foment a civil war, but you feel that hanging and imprisonment are a tad to harsh? Too dramatic?

You call for the Democrats to discover their courage and actually DO something about these barbarians, these wreckers, these anti-liberty cretins? Are not hanging and imprisonment the prescribed sanctions against treason?

Do you not recognize that I specifically mentioned the phrase 'legal action'?

I am not recommending a mass lynching, sir, but a mass arrest and a trial and an appropriate execution. :d

Garret
09-28-2013, 12:49 PM
I am not recommending a mass lynching, sir, but a mass arrest and a trial and an appropriate execution. :d

I don't know that execution is necessary, as I think I'd enjoy their suffering as they saw the country get healthier without 'em.

TomF
09-28-2013, 01:05 PM
I'd settle for the Executive branch executing, despite the b@stards. Though there's some attraction to the other option.

Keith Wilson
09-28-2013, 02:46 PM
. . . the entire Tea Party/Sarah Palin/Rush Limbaugh demagoguery is the most serious threat this Constitution has ever faced. More serious than the whole slavery/abolition thing.I sincerely hope you're wrong. By the time that one was over, some 600,000 Americans were dead, and the south didn't recover economically for 50 years at least.

Voting most of 'em out of office would be quite good enough, thank you.

wardd
09-28-2013, 02:52 PM
I sincerely hope you're wrong. By the time that one was over, some 600,000 Americans were dead, and the south didn't recover economically for 50 years at least.

of course it didn't recover for 50 years, they lost all their slaves

pefjr
09-28-2013, 02:59 PM

Much.

I hope Mr. Russell will weigh in on this opinion.ROFL........, butt buttttttt....ttt...tt the righteous majority don't know enough to govern, as we have been advised by your bilge lefties. You need to go rooting and tooting on Norm's thread. BTW, don't worry about the threat to the Constitution of the International crimes of premeditated murder by our leaders, you wouldn't be able to handle it, and might blow a gasket. Just turn your head and walk away.

oznabrag
09-28-2013, 02:59 PM
I sincerely hope you're wrong. By the time that one was over, some 600,000 Americans were dead, and the south didn't recover economically for 50 years at least.

Just in time for the Great Depression.

Voting them out would do the trick, as well, but they are working at a feverish pace to prevent that.

Gerymandered districts and voter suppression/promotion of voter apathy are some of their weapons.

Their goal is the destruction of our government from within.

oznabrag
09-28-2013, 03:02 PM
ROFL........, butt buttttttt....ttt...tt

That's what you need to get your head out of.

the righteous majority don't know enough to govern, as we have been advised by your bilge lefties. You need to go rooting and tooting on Norm's thread. BTW, don't worry about the threat to the Constitution of the International crimes of premeditated murder by our leaders, you wouldn't be able to handle it, and might blow a gasket. Just turn your head and walk away.

If you believe that the act of hanging a convicted traitor is equivalent to premeditated murder, then... see part 1.

oznabrag
09-28-2013, 03:05 PM
of course it didn't recover for 50 years, they lost all their slaves

And their homes, barns, cities, railroads, factories, ships, boats, seed corn, forests, credit, horses, etc.

If they'd kept their slaves, they wouldn't have been able to feed them.

pefjr
09-28-2013, 03:15 PM
That's what you need to get your head out of.

If you believe that the act of hanging a convicted traitor is equivalent to premeditated murder, then... see part 1.?? now these accused of being a traitor are convicted,....and also hung? LOL, far out dude!

oznabrag
09-28-2013, 03:25 PM
?? now these accused of being a traitor are convicted,....and also hung? LOL, far out dude!

This response is probably the clearest evidence yet that you either fail to comprehend, or simply neglect to read anything anyone posts.

I hear there's a guy in Las Vegas who gives remedial reading comprehension classes every Friday. You might want to look into that.

wardd
09-28-2013, 04:10 PM
And their homes, barns, cities, railroads, factories, ships, boats, seed corn, forests, credit, horses, etc.

If they'd kept their slaves, they wouldn't have been able to feed them.

southern factories didn't count for much which is part of the reason they lost the war

the south was agricultural, cotton being king, which is where the slaves came in handy

pefjr
09-28-2013, 04:10 PM
This response is probably the clearest evidence yet that you either fail to comprehend, or simply neglect to read anything anyone posts.

I hear there's a guy in Las Vegas who gives remedial reading comprehension classes every Friday. You might want to look into that.gimme a hit, mon.

oznabrag
09-28-2013, 04:52 PM
southern factories didn't count for much which is part of the reason they lost the war

the south was agricultural, cotton being king, which is where the slaves came in handy

Sooo... You are going to educate me about the South?

That, Sir, is rich.

oznabrag
09-28-2013, 04:52 PM
gimme a hit, mon.

That explains a lot.

wardd
09-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Sooo... You are going to educate me about the South?

That, Sir, is rich.

i was born just across lake pontchartrain from new orleans

oznabrag
09-28-2013, 05:11 PM
i was born just across lake pontchartrain from new orleans

The place of your birth is irrelevant.

wardd
09-28-2013, 06:33 PM
When an economy is based on uncountable waste, and unaccountable spending of borrowed money, and uncontrollable purse strings, just how long a life would you give it?

sounds like the bush years

the obama years are declining deficits

wardd
09-28-2013, 06:40 PM
The place of your birth is irrelevant.

and i'm well versed in european history too, but don't let that stop you

oznabrag
09-28-2013, 06:54 PM
and i'm well versed in european history too, but don't let that stop you

I wasn't born in Europe.

If I need some pointers on European History, I'll be sure to call on you.

pefjr
09-28-2013, 06:58 PM
the obama years are declining deficitsrofl

Chip-skiff
09-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Let 'em have their little hissy-fit (we lost and can't accept it) and shut down the govt.

I suspect a good many of their corporate owners are going to quit giving these twerps money. The fascist headcases (Kochs and Norquist devotees) will still fund their quaint ritual observances. But most of the serious business money, that has supported these creatures as a way of subverting and delaying regulation, will cut them loose if they crash the market.

wardd
09-28-2013, 08:04 PM
rofl

no convincing flat birthers

Boater14
10-11-2013, 07:29 PM
as I've said before, a democrat will wonder.....Reagan democrats. ever heard of a Clinton republican? all republicans love one thing above all else.....money. more than mom or apple pie. that's you. 2016 they'll vote for anyone but Hillary. hitler's grandson...anyone. there are enough in toss up seats to give the dems the house. single payer/public option here we come.

Full Tilt
10-11-2013, 07:31 PM

Have you considered making this your signature line?