PDA

View Full Version : I'm a bit down

John Smith
09-26-2013, 12:42 PM
This has been a summer I'd love to forget. I had help available last evening so we covered Asryda while the hands were available. For a variety of reasons, mostly related to health issues, I never got her out of the driveway.

I'm trying to be pragmatic in that, if my health issues, which we now have a handle on, improve, virtually nothing needs to be done come spring past removing the cover. If health issues are not resolved, I'll have to sell her.

That will NOT be one of the happiest days in my life.

Osborne Russell
09-26-2013, 01:19 PM
The day before our cat died, it was a blustery day, with a little bit of rain in the wind. I took him out so he could smell it. He dug it. I took a lesson from that -- be alive while you're alive, do what you can, time spent regretting what you can't do is wasted.

Get a wetsuit and just bob around in the water and look at the sky. Much cheaper than a boat.

John Smith
09-26-2013, 01:25 PM
This is the year that started with a ton of rain, the neighbor's tree fell in our yard and severely damaged our pool, and we had a hard to find leak in the basement. Then there are the health issues. Finally got a CT scan, and have some possible causes we can hopefully get a handle on.

I'm beginning to actually feel better. New pills are helping a lot. Doc says it should be slow, but steady progress. I told him now he's got till spring.

pefjr
09-26-2013, 04:22 PM
That will NOT be one of the happiest days in my life.You have it all wrong. I know, been there about 30 or 35 times, matter of fact.
The day you sell your boat will be the happiest day of your life, .......until......... you win the lottery, born again, or get caught up in another boat deal.

Full Tilt
09-26-2013, 04:51 PM
'Asryda' ?

How's that pronounced ?

:confused:

BrianW
09-26-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm holding out for your health to get better and you getting your boat on the water.

John Smith
09-26-2013, 08:13 PM
'Asryda' ?

How's that pronounced ?

:confused:

I have three grandchildren, born in this order Ashley, Ryan, and David. I simply took the two first letters of each of their names AS RY DA

John Smith
09-26-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm holding out for your health to get better and you getting your boat on the water.

I am, too. I wish I could bring Marcus Welby back and get a guest appearance. He always cured everyone in an hour.

It's really been a summer full of stuff. Maybe I'll be getting all that "stuff" out of the way and next year will be just the opposite.

wizbang 13
09-26-2013, 08:16 PM
FWIW , sorry man .
bruce

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
09-27-2013, 12:14 AM
There's nothing greater than a wooden boat that outlives you.
I think that means you're doing something right.
If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'd taken much better care of myself.