PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare and why the Republicans are simply wrong.

John Smith
09-23-2013, 08:25 AM
Let me be clear, I am one who has always taken the position that the ACA is an improvement over what we had, but is short of what we need. I supported the passing of the ACA on the grounds that if it did not pass, what we would have would b e a great deal worse than what we had; the status quo was gone.

This thread is triggered by Republican Pat Toomy's remarks this AM. He talks about the disaster this plan will be, although he really doesn't specify. He complains the president keeps giving waivers. His "plan" is to repeal parts of the ACA, delay other parts and repeal them later, and then start from scratch.

Was there something back in '09 that prohibited the Republicans from putting together their own "from scratch" healthcare bill? Could they not have been more cooperative in putting this bill together: there were three of them on the six person Baucus Committee?

We live in a country where there's a great divide. Just as some states embrace the ACA and other do not, I'm not naïve enough to think that some employers will embrace it and some will not.

What gets lost, again, in Toomy's comments is the part of the cost of healthcare that uninsured people drive.

I address these questions to my conservative friends; What prevents the GOP from offering an alternative health care bill? What has prevented them from doing that these past few years.

Is it not insanity to simply repeal the ACA, rather than have a new bill to replace it with?

RodB
09-23-2013, 10:13 AM
When an estimated 70% of folks happy with their health care insurance before Obamacare... your logic is faulty. As I have said before... it would have been so simple to come up with a list if 50 items to change with our old system to improve it. Many of the solutions to problems could have easily been agreed upon.

The Dems knew they were in complete control and just wanted to pass something... anything and fix it later. Now this hysterical rush is coming back on all of the nation. Remember, no one Republican voted for ACA... not one.... Why would you cool aid drinking libs think one of the most important pieces of legislation to take place in our history should not be bipartisan????

RodB

Peerie Maa
09-23-2013, 10:18 AM
^ is that 70% of folks who have health care insurance, or 70% of all US voters?

wardd
09-23-2013, 10:32 AM
When an estimated 70% of folks happy with their health care insurance before Obamacare... your logic is faulty. As I have said before... it would have been so simple to come up with a list if 50 items to change with our old system to improve it. Many of the solutions to problems could have easily been agreed upon.

The Dems knew they were in complete control and just wanted to pass something... anything and fix it later. Now this hysterical rush is coming back on all of the nation. Remember, no one Republican voted for ACA... not one.... Why would you cool aid drinking libs think one of the most important pieces of legislation to take place in our history should not be bipartisan????

RodB

is that 70% of the people that did have health care or 7% of the population?

70% of 3 is 2.1

elf
09-23-2013, 10:36 AM
Uh, Rod? The ACA was designed by the Heritage Foundation.

wardd
09-23-2013, 10:38 AM

but and this is the important thing, that was before obama

Jim Mahan
09-23-2013, 10:40 AM
The fact that no republicans voted for the ACA has nothing to do with the ACA or its provisions. It was only because the president is a black democrat.

Keith Wilson
09-23-2013, 12:20 PM
I saw an ad at a bus stop this weekend, trying to convince people not to use MNsure (the state insurance exchange set up under the ACA. It showed a worried/irritated looking Asian woman, arms crossed, with the caption 'Why can't I choose my own doctor?" They had a similar billboard outside the state fair. It directs one to refusemnsure.org, a website sponsored by something called "The Citizen's Council For Health Freedom" (freedom to have no health insurance, I guess).

Of course the point of the ad is a flaming pants-on-fire lie; there's absolutely nothing in MNsure that precludes anyone from picking their own doctor. Some insurance plans have in-network/out-of-network restrictions just like they do now, but that's nothing new. It's a blatantly cynical attempt to further confuse the ignorant.

John Smith
09-23-2013, 01:06 PM

RodB

The Republicans all voted against it in spite of it containing many things they had supported prior to January of '09. They had a party wide change of mind. Don't YOU find that strange?

They've also predicted many things that, so far, have all proven to have been wrong predictions. Don't YOU find that strange?

Don't YOU realize you don't repeal a law like this; you replace it. They could have started working on a better healthcare bill years ago. Why didn't they? Why haven't they made any effort to suggest improvements to this law or a better law to replace this on with?

This video is not unique within the debate on the senate floor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRUL0AkjM-g

I watched much of that debate and it was frequent that a Republican would state some facts and some Democrat would follow by reading the actual bill and proving the Republican had his facts wrong.

Among things we were told as fact was that 2012 Medicare premiums would increase dramatically and benefits would take a big cut. Both prediction were wrong; premiums went down and benefits went up.

Do YOU want to repeal the part of this law that prohibits insurance companies from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions when pregnancy has been used as a pre-existing condition to deny insurance? Do you want to repeal kids staying on parents' plans till age 26? Do you want to caps or keep them?

If you believe in the free market and competition, don't the exchanges do just exactly that? If everyone has the option to change insurance companies every year, and has several to choose from, and those companies cannot deny based on pre-existing conditions, or drop you because you are sick, then isn't everyone getting the same health insurance members of congress get?

John Smith
09-23-2013, 01:12 PM
I saw an ad at a bus stop this weekend, trying to convince people not to use MNsure (the state insurance exchange set up under the ACA. It showed a worried/irritated looking Asian woman, arms crossed, with the caption 'Why can't I choose my own doctor?" They had a similar billboard outside the state fair. It directs one to refusemnsure.org, a website sponsored by something called "The Citizen's Council For Health Freedom" (freedom to have no health insurance, I guess).

Of course the point of the ad is a flaming pants-on-fire lie; there's absolutely nothing in MNsure that precludes anyone form picking their own doctor. Some insurance plans have in-network/out-of-network restrictions just like they do now, but that's nothing new. It's a blatantly cynical attempt to further confuse the ignorant.

What is likely to be interesting is the truth actually catching up to the people. Truth tends to travel more slowly, but if it continues to move forward and the people end up knowing the can choose their own doctor and things of that nature, are they going to realize who has been lying to them.

My question here was designed, perhaps poorly, to inquire why the Republicans have only been against this healthcare bill, but have done NOTHING to create an alternative. For some time they said "repeal and replace" The "replace" has been dropped. Now they say we should start all over. NOTHING PREVENTS THEM FROM DOING THAT. They could sit down with other Republicans and create a new system and present it. I'd bet this president would be more than willing to listen to their ideas; the ACA is full of ideas the Republicans liked.

David W Pratt
09-23-2013, 02:21 PM
NYT had an article this morning about the declining choices available in health insurance. Evidently the Prez's "you can keep your health plan" was writ in water

RodB
09-23-2013, 02:26 PM
...there's nothing appealing to the 'non-informed' electorate with fear and scare tactics.

What you guys describe as tactics by the right against Obamacare are exactly what the Obama administration and the dems have done for the past two election cycles TO THE MAX. You guys have a lot of gall accusing the Republicans of a strategy that has been the central core of how the Dems and Obama's administration have been operating since Obama first started running for office. The truth is...the Republicans were beaten badly by a strong concerted dishonest effort by the Dems and the entire left wing media/entertainment/TV propaganda machine... where they defined the issues and the candidates with false narratives on so many fronts. Even their mistakes and out and out dishonesty are covered by this propaganda machine (Benghazi, IRS, NSA, etc, etc.

No kidding Sherlock. The results is in the details. Rushing a 2600 page bill through with virtually no input from the other side... and even Nancy Pelosi said.. "you gotta pass it to see whats in in"... gimme a break. Healthcare for the entire country needed to be carefully and thoughtfully addressed with all sides involved... in trying to implement what would be best for the country.

Bottom line.... as long as you libs get your way ... your tactics and strategy (no matter how dishonorable) are a non issue to you. AS soon as you begin to lose any ground in any issue, you begin whining and spewing out mistruths instead of ever considering that your "idea" or "policy" that is getting negative feedback might not be a good one. Hell, even when you lost the over 60 seats in the House... I sure didn't see many on the left or any at all saying "We must have some wrong headed policies". What I did see and hear was ... "We just didn't do a good enough job explaining our plan or policy".... gimme a break!!!

I have spent enough time around doctors and nurses and clinic administrators to know how people in the medical field think... and I sure have not met many that are for ACA. Are any of you keeping up with whats going on with the problems of ACA? How is its implementation affecting jobs???? Perhaps not...perhaps you only listen to Obama propaganda sources.

I can't remember the last time I saw a truthful advertisment from the left (except for Romney's "47% recording which was secretly recorded by a bartender... exploited to the max with a false narrative. He was only saying that there was a large "unmovable" voting block for Obama... a truthful statement.

Romney's damaging comments...

"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And I mean, the president starts off with 48, 49, 48—he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. And he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean that's what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people—I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

The number of 47% was a mistatement...but he was right about a large voting block that was pretty much off the board for him.

Romney's comments about this....

Scanning his notes on an iPad, [Romney] began to read a long quotation, offering commentary as he read. At one point, he focused on the question posed at the Florida fundraiser. "Audience member: ‘For the last three years, all of us have been told this, ‘Don’t worry, we’ll take care of you.’ How are you going to do it in two months before the elections, to convince everyone you’ve got to take care of yourself?’ And I’m saying that isn’t my job. In two months, my job is to get the people in the middle. But this was perceived as, ‘Oh, he’s saying 47 percent of the people he doesn’t care about or he’s insensitive to or they don’t care — they don’t take responsibility for their life.’ No, no.
I’m saying 47 percent of the people don’t pay taxes and therefore they don’t warm to our tax message. But the people who are voting for [Obama], my job isn’t to try and get them. My job is to get the people in the middle. And I go on and say that. Take a look. Look at the full quote. But I realized, look, perception is reality. The perception is I’m saying I don’t care about 47 percent of the people or something of that nature, and that’s simply wrong."

Romney has more integrity in his little finger than Obama ever had.

One final thing... how do you expect any hard working citizen to feel about people who just continue to vote for a guy/party just because he/they "will give you more stuff"

Lot of folks have a problem with this type of thinking. The bottom line is you have a completely dishonest non-transparant administration who will do or say anything to stay in power and to push an extremely progressive agenda on the country... an administration/party who does not give a damn about whats best for the country but only their political objectives.

Good rant.. I feel better.

RodB

Keith Wilson
09-23-2013, 02:28 PM
I’m saying 47 percent of the people don’t pay taxesThis is a lie, a flat out lie.

RodB
09-23-2013, 02:41 PM
This is a lie, a flat out lie.

Mis-statement...

all right know it alls... how many people in the country do not pay taxes.. the percentage will scare you to death...
Correction: question should be: How many people in the country do not pay income taxes?????????????????????????????????????
RodB

John Smith
09-23-2013, 02:55 PM
No one can guarantee a private business, health insurance or other, will stay in business. Assuming you have health insurance with a company that stays in business, where does the ACA not let you keep it?

Perhaps I should ask a different question of those who don't like this law and don't want single payer: Describe your healthcare system that you would present to congress were you a member. List things you are for, rather things you are against.

wardd
09-23-2013, 02:56 PM
The Republicans all voted against it in spite of it containing many things they had supported prior to January of '09. They had a party wide change of mind. Don't YOU find that strange?

They've also predicted many things that, so far, have all proven to have been wrong predictions. Don't YOU find that strange?

Don't YOU realize you don't repeal a law like this; you replace it. They could have started working on a better healthcare bill years ago. Why didn't they? Why haven't they made any effort to suggest improvements to this law or a better law to replace this on with?

This video is not unique within the debate on the senate floor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRUL0AkjM-g

I watched much of that debate and it was frequent that a Republican would state some facts and some Democrat would follow by reading the actual bill and proving the Republican had his facts wrong.

Among things we were told as fact was that 2012 Medicare premiums would increase dramatically and benefits would take a big cut. Both prediction were wrong; premiums went down and benefits went up.

Do YOU want to repeal the part of this law that prohibits insurance companies from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions when pregnancy has been used as a pre-existing condition to deny insurance? Do you want to repeal kids staying on parents' plans till age 26? Do you want to caps or keep them?

If you believe in the free market and competition, don't the exchanges do just exactly that? If everyone has the option to change insurance companies every year, and has several to choose from, and those companies cannot deny based on pre-existing conditions, or drop you because you are sick, then isn't everyone getting the same health insurance members of congress get?

you find it strange that republicans lie?

Peerie Maa
09-23-2013, 02:58 PM
It was more likely an oversight, carelessness, or a lack of knowledge. You're awfully quick to throw around this accusation of lying, given the numerous oversights and errors in your posts.

The man was supposed to be a top spokesman for his political movement. For him to be careless or lack knowledge is either incompetence (do you want incompetent leaders?) or shows contempt for his voters. You folks should deserve better, yes?

RodB
09-23-2013, 03:04 PM
I corrected the question. Post 16

Obama has told more bald faced lies that now if his mouth is open most figure he is lying. He has gotten away with it for so long, he can't stop.

Romney is a basically honest man who has worked hard all his life, helped lots of others, and raised a hell of a family. He got into this to help the country economically. After watching Obama for the past 5 plus years in office, I am amazed at the "in your face dishonesty", the total lack of transparency, the fervent dedication to a progressive "cradle to the grave dependency ideology".

His ideas suck plain and simple and about half the country agree with me.

The way you libs think, you deserve the government you support... you really deserve it... but I and other clear thinking people do not.

RodB

Keith Wilson
09-23-2013, 03:05 PM
Mr Romney, who's not at all a fool, (although at times during the campaign he tried hard to pretend he was), probably meant to say income taxes. Maybe. Maybe he intended to deceive. Maybe he really believed it; saying 'income taxes' does considerably dilute the point he was making. OTOH, I've heard the confusion of 'paying no taxes' and 'paying no income taxes' WAY too many times, always from the right; it's been debunked over and over and over again, and there's no excuse for repeating it.

ccmanuals
09-23-2013, 03:12 PM

Obama has told more bald faced lies that now if his mouth is open most figure he is lying. He has gotten away with it for so long, he can't stop.

Romney is a basically honest man who has worked hard all his life, helped lots of others, and raised a hell of a family. He got into this to help the country economically. After watching Obama for the past 5 plus years in office, I am amazed at the "in your face dishonesty", the total lack of transparency, the fervent dedication to a progressive "cradle to the grave dependency ideology".

The way you libs think, you deserve the government you support... you really deserve it... but I and other clear thinking people do not.

RodB

How do we know he was honest since he refused to release all tax returns but for 1 year?

That certainly tells me he was hiding something.

Osborne Russell
09-23-2013, 03:13 PM
OK, so, everybody pays taxes, that's settled. Many don't pay income taxes. Many of those are rich. What's the net result? What's our policy?

"Conservatives" like to ask, what's fair, as in fair share? By which they mean, fair as between individuals. But that isn't the criterion. The criterion is the national interest. "As determined by whom? A bunch of politicians?" they howl . . . as if they wanted someone else to make the determination.

RodB
09-23-2013, 03:17 PM
CNN Poll: Half of the public doesn’t think that Barack Obama is honest and trustworthy

The poll indicates that for the first time in his presidency, half of the public says they don’t believe Obama is honest and trustworthy.

http://fox13now.com/2013/06/17/cnn-poll-half-of-the-public-doesnt-think-that-barack-obama-is-honest-and-trustworthy/

Just saying...

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/07/01/describing-obama-bush-in-a-word/

Describing Obama, Bush in a word

Public views of Barack Obama today are very different from those of George W. Bush at about this point in his second term. Obama’s job rating is in positive territory (http://www.people-press.org/2013/06/19/obama-job-approval-holds-steady-economic-views-improve/), while Bush’s tilted negative.
But a look at the one-word descriptions of the two men finds some common ground. Most notably, the word incompetent appears high on the one-word list for each.
In a recent Pew Research Center survey, conducted June 12-16, variations on the word good were used most often to characterize impressions of Obama. Butincompetent shows up frequently as well. In fact, it tops the list of negative terms.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2013/07/02/poll-obama-viewed-as-more-incompetent-less-honest-than-bush-n1632095

Poll: Obama Now Viewed as Less Competent, More Dishonest Than Bush

RodB

wardd
09-23-2013, 03:22 PM

RodB

you're confusing romney with fdr who was called a traitor to his class

John Smith
09-23-2013, 03:25 PM

RodB

You read minds now?

John Smith
09-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Mr Romney, who's not at all a fool, (although at times during the campaign he tried hard to pretend he was), probably meant to say income taxes. Maybe. Maybe he intended to deceive. Maybe he really believed it; saying 'income taxes' does considerably dilute the point he was making. OTOH, I've heard the confusion of 'paying no taxes' and 'paying no income taxes' WAY too many times, always from the right; it's been debunked over and over and over again, and there's no excuse for repeating it.

What I remember most about Romney is the etch a sketch. He not only did change his opinions, but the right wing didn't care.

RodB
09-23-2013, 03:29 PM
...and in the next election, you can vote for someone who you DO think is honest and trustworthy.

Got a candidate? Or will it be anyone the RNC manages to recruit?

And in the meanwhile, do you think it will benefit the country to be 'all obstruction, all the time' until November of 2016?

I really doubt the House could have done much different over the past few years... with the way Obama has acted. If the Repubs had been more "compromising" then the country would have more debt, less jobs, a higher debt ceiling, complete amnesty for illegals, 60 million on food stamps, etc, etc.

RodB

John Smith
09-23-2013, 03:30 PM
http://fox13now.com/2013/06/17/cnn-poll-half-of-the-public-doesnt-think-that-barack-obama-is-honest-and-trustworthy/

Just saying...

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/07/01/describing-obama-bush-in-a-word/

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2013/07/02/poll-obama-viewed-as-more-incompetent-less-honest-than-bush-n1632095

RodB

There was a time when ALL the public believed the earth was flat. My third grade class all believed magnets stuck to any medal.

Do you have a point here?

wardd
09-23-2013, 03:31 PM
hey rod, i'm a republican send me money

John Smith
09-23-2013, 03:32 PM
I really doubt the House could have done much different over the past few years... with the way Obama has acted. If the Repubs had been more "compromising" then the country would have more debt, less jobs, a higher debt ceiling, complete amnesty for illegals, 60 million on food stamps, etc, etc.

RodB

Have you been paying attention? The day Obama is being sworn in, the GOP is holding a meeting where they agree to block everything he proposes. How can you defend that with a straight face?

wardd
09-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Have you been paying attention? The day Obama is being sworn in, the GOP is holding a meeting where they agree to block everything he proposes. How can you defend that with a straight face?

precognition

Peerie Maa
09-23-2013, 03:54 PM
RodB was a top spokesman for his political movement? Wow! I had no idea!

Wow, neither did I. So you are saying that RodB is Romney's forum handle? Whodathoutit?

ccmanuals
09-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Millions of people have low incomes, Rod, and are not required to pay Federal Income Tax under US LAW!
Why don't you start a Movement against single parents with a minimum wage job and a couple of kids!

Those old people living, especially those old widows, on SS need to get their lazy asses back to work. I see no reason why grandma can't get up on the roof to do a little shingling. :)

RodB
09-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Alright everyone.... just settle down.... your upsetting even the guy who is not playing with a full deck!

Its not my fault that you have such an emotional investment in Obama that you are unable to see reality ...

You, you ... bunch of Lois Lerners!!!!!!

Check latest news on that piece of crapola....

RodB

RodB
09-23-2013, 05:18 PM
There was a time when ALL the public believed the earth was flat. My third grade class all believed magnets stuck to any medal.

Do you have a point here?

Another lib that needs to improve their reading comprehension...

I thought the gist of my post was pretty straight forward... that lousy Obama is dishonest and incompetent... and totally lacks transparency.

Get the point now?

RodB

ccmanuals
09-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Come on Rod, you know your dying inside to use the n word (you forgot to use shiftless and lazy). Go for it. ;)

hokiefan
09-23-2013, 05:34 PM

I thought the gist of my post was pretty straight forward... that lousy Obama is dishonest and incompetent... and totally lacks transparency.

Get the point now?

RodB

Yeah we get it. You hate him. So what?

Oh, Geng hates him too. You guys should form a club or something...

RodB
09-23-2013, 05:40 PM
http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-obama-care/092013-671982-40-little-lies-the-media-tell-about-obamacare-.htm

Little Media Lies About ObamaCare

Bias: Heard the one about how House Republicans have passed 40-plus bills to repeal or defund ObamaCare, all of which went nowhere? It's not true. Yet the mainstream press continues to peddle this blatant falsehood.
In the run-up to Friday's House vote to defund ObamaCare, the media tried to portray it as part of some deranged anti-ObamaCare syndrome. As evidence, they claim Republicans have already tried this dozens of times before, all to no avail. Some examples:
• "The House of Representatives has voted 40 times to repeal or curtail the Affordable Care Act since Republicans took control of the chamber in 2011 — and each time the Democratic Senate has swatted away their bills." (Los Angeles Times)
• "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. And if you're a House Republican, be sure to repeat that process another 40 times." (MSNBC)
• "Last week House Republicans voted for the 40th time to repeal ObamaCare. Like the previous 39 votes, this action will have no effect whatsoever." (New York Times)
• "It'll mark the 40th vote by the Republican-controlled House to repeal some or all of the law. Such measures have died in the Democratic-controlled Senate." (Associated Press)
• "House Republicans have now voted 41 times to repeal ObamaCare, knowing each time that those bills would go nowhere in the Senate." (Huffington Post)
Just one problem: Twenty percent of those bills made it to Obama's desk and secured his signature.
Obama signed House bills to kill a costly ObamaCare reporting rule, terminate its long-term care insurance program and repeal the "free choice voucher" program. He also signed bills cutting funds for the so-called CO-OP program, a public health slush fund and other ObamaCare programs.
Two other House-passed bills — one to end the Independent Payment Advisory Board and another terminating the medical device tax — have strong bipartisan support. Another simply codified the employer mandate delay Obama himself had already ordered.
Yet the media pretend these things never happened. This is admittedly a little thing. But as the Good Book says: "The person who is trustworthy in very small matters is also trustworthy in great ones; and the person who is dishonest in very small matters is also dishonest in great ones."

RodB

RodB
09-23-2013, 05:51 PM
This guy says it better than most.... I couldn't agree more... and from the canada free press no less...

No one will feel sorry for the Dems... nor Obama...

RodB

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/58074

Circling the Wagons...

I find it totally impossible to feel empathy or sympathy for the democrats who have assisted Obama since the idea of America’s first black President fueled their passion back in 2006 and 2007 and buoyed them through the Presidential Campaign to victory in 2008 and again in 2012.

...The democrats richly deserve what they are about to get.
There’s going to be a tremendous backlash in America over ObamaCare. As the 2014 elections approach, dems are becoming evermore concerned over their chances in those mid-term polls.
Look. Americans are PO’ed. In a big way. too. Plus, these are the Americans who actually vote, not the those who raced out to vote, many for the first time in their lives, (and likely the last) to elect America’s first black President. Been there, done that. It’s in the past. This is a new day. Anything could happen. And that scares the dickens out of the Democratic Party....

...The dems circled the wagons early on to protect their President. But they forgot a very important aspect of wagon circling. Anything that happens inside that wagon circle is THEIR problem. THEY OWN IT! They OWN Obama. They OWN ObamaCare

The dems also own, the Benghazi affair, the IRS Scandal, the NSA scandal, the fiascoes in Syria, in Egypt, in Libya and wherever the next one pops up. And yes, there will be a next one—count on it!

Americans who vote in the mid-term elections are, as we said, people who pay attention. And people who have paid attention for the past five years are angry.
There has been a great deal of activity within that circle of wagons these past five years—all of in encompassed by democrats. The democrats and the Mainstream Media (but I repeat myself!) have spent a vast proportion of their time, treasury, and talent covering for our first black President. See, he insists on being a Marxist. While the democratic Party and the Mainstream Media (again—I repeat myself!) are not at odds with Mr. Obama’s Marxism, they’d just as soon he didn’t wear his Marxist colours openly. But, try as he might, Obama’s true passion has won out and now the entire country knows Mr. Obama is a Marxist. Heck, the WHOLE WORLD knows it.

Speaking of lying: The never ending tsunami of lies emanating from the Obama Administration has reached a near tipping point with the electorate. The lies told by the President himself (just about ObamaCare) have now become legend and one would not be surprised if Obama went down in American history as the lying-est president ever—at least through 2016.
It’s as though there is a fountain head of deceit located in the White House and from it enormous torrents of lies cascade twenty-four hours a day, every day.
The more discerning Americans choose to question everything and believe no one.

Then there is Mr. Obama’s weakness as a leader. He really is not suited for a leadership role of any kind, let alone President of the US. We have just seen that amply displayed—for the world to see—in his mishandling of the Syria debacle. The folks on the left will tell us we are mistaking his deliberation for dithering. No. We are not. He finds it darn near impossible to make a decision. Plus, he is risk averse.
But he is so SMART, they insist! REALLY?

Look. If members of the American Political Left share anything in common, it is their belief that they are intellectually superior to everybody else. I have known many American leftists in my lifetime, some as friends, and every one of them shared this trait. Why, they will even tell you of their intellectual superiority and boast about it. They are, at all times, the smartest people in the room.

Well, I am just a dumb ole country boy from the foothills of the Carolinas… but… as dumb as I am, I know a fool when I see one.
The beginning of foolishness is the belief that you are the superior of all people in wisdom. It assures that you will fail, and fail “hard”, at some point in your “stellar” life. Mr. Obama comes across as one of those intellectual leftists who have been “educated beyond their abilities.”
The brilliance of the left is counter-loaded with naiveté. It is that naiveté that nullifies their self-proclaimed brilliance and leads them—and the nation—into so much trouble when the left is in power in the US government.

See, there is Good and there is Evil in this world. Evil doesn’t give a darn how smart you are. In fact Evil will use your “smartness” against you. A truly smart man/woman knows better that to ever attempt to negotiate with Evil. Evil doesn’t negotiate. Evil does what it pleases until Good smacks it down… hard. Even then Good must be ready to smack Evil down again and again and again ad infinitum.
Our friends on the political left have become blind to evil as a result of their adoption of “moral relativity,” or as we call it today, “political correctness.” They can no longer clearly discern, nor define, who and what the enemy is. THAT leaves America truly leaderless in an increasingly evil world.
Combined—all of this has placed America in dire peril. The US is in more peril today, this hour, this minute, than she has ever been—and we have no leader to speak of.
ALL of this is clearly seen surrounded by that circle of wagons the democrats formed some five years ago. The content of that circle has grown exponentially over those years and is now clearly seen by the majority of the electorate. And this is worrisome to the democrats.
But they continue to win, because they have figured out that a UNITED minority can win against a DIVIDED majority. Not to mention that the Republican Party is totally leaderless and in danger of self-immolation.

The next three years in our nation’s capitol will be akin to a blood feud. Frankly, I can accept that because we will be fighting for the survival of freedom and liberty, for the survival of the US, period! It’s going to get down, dirty, and ugly. And, if we are lucky, the fight will remain rhetorical and lack the introduction of weapons of combat into the fray.
If we are not lucky, well, an uncontrolled downward spiral will ensue and the USA will be no more.

The democrats have chosen. They have circled their wagons and formed a “static” position. Static positions are most easily defeated by simply by-passing them and pressing on toward final victory. Those circled wagons can be mopped-up once the larger struggle has been won.
That circle, however encapsulates all the vulnerabilities of the democrats. They are clearly visible.
There will be no excuse for allowing “those people” to remain in power after November of 2014.
© J. D. Longstreet

John Smith
09-23-2013, 06:28 PM

Get the point now?

RodB

Only the one on the top of your cap. Why don't YOU take the challenge and spell out how YOU would handle health care in this country?

Why don't you wait until the ACA is fully implemented and then see how well it works? Are you against insuring more people, eliminating annual caps, and other pieces of this bill? What exactly is it that you don't like about the ACA, and please stick to facts, not predictions.