PDA

View Full Version : The first week is just about in the books

cs
09-06-2013, 03:45 PM
The first week back at my regular job is just about done. I will still need a week or two to adjust, after all it has been over 4 years. Half the office staff that was here when I left is gone and not replaced and its much quieter. I've gotten to go a whole week with out shaving, that ends in the morning because I gotta go to drill. But overall I will slowly get back into the swing of things and enjoy the less hostile work environment. Maybe I will even be able to relax enough to build another boat.

Cheers

Chad

Stiletto
09-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Chad, I am curious as to whether your employer gets any compensation from your government for keeping your job open for you.

cs
09-07-2013, 10:22 PM
For the deployments my job is guaranteed for up to 5 years under the Soldiers Sailor Civil Releif Act. For the rest of the time it actually worked out best for the company because of the downswing in the construction industry. They already had to left half of the office staff go because of business. Knowing that one of the project managers was getting ready to retire also helped. When he retired it opened up a spot without killing payroll. And besides the owner likes what I bring to the table and told me that I would always have an office there. I kept in touch with the company every time there was a change.

Chad